Optimum Serious Mass!!! - AnabolicMinds.com

Optimum Serious Mass!!!

1. New Member

Optimum Serious Mass!!!

So my gains weren't coming quick enough with the food and shakes I was consuming so I decided to start taking some Serious Mass by optimum nutrition. Anyone else here use this stuff and what do you think? I love the cals being at 1250 but this stuff is impossible to mix outside of a blender! Because of that, I doubt I will continue use after this bag is done.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.

best advice for u ever. dont take recommended serving

take this 2-3 times daily in smaller servings. take your normal protein scoop thing and do 2-3 scoops of that. dont use the giant 1 cup servings
  3. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycste View Post
    best advice for u ever. dont take recommended serving

take this 2-3 times daily in smaller servings. take your normal protein scoop thing and do 2-3 scoops of that. dont use the giant 1 cup servings
    The giant cup is annoying, and I will probably end up using a normal scooper. The only problem is if I divide the serving in half I only get half the profile and then that sort of defeats the purpose of the product. However I might just stick to taking this PWO, and then eating a ton of clean food the rest of the day. Thanks for the advice.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  164 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by LiftNDestroy View Post
    The giant cup is annoying, and I will probably end up using a normal scooper. The only problem is if I divide the serving in half I only get half the profile and then that sort of defeats the purpose of the product. However I might just stick to taking this PWO, and then eating a ton of clean food the rest of the day. Thanks for the advice.
    It wont defeat the purpose. Your still getting the whole shake. Just throughout the day. Not all at once.
  5. Senior Member

I was always a big advocate of making your own weight gainer shakes if your gonna have to use a blender to mix it anyways.

Get creative, instead of water or fat free skim milk, use whole milk. Throw in some protein powder, throw in some natty peanut butter, throw in some oats, maybe use some ice cubes for a thicker consistency. Have fun with it, I always enjoy trying new weird combos in my blender.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I was in a love hate relationship with serious mass. It tastes great, atleast the chocolate does. But I started putting on the wrong kinda weight because of all the Malto. in it. Id drink 1/3 between breakfast and lunch, 1/3 postworkout, and 1/3 later at ntie. Each had an additional scoop of protein in it.

Im sensative to malto. though. I dont really like MRP's for that matter. It may work great for you. I'd dose it similar as to what I did.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  7. New Member

check out cytogainer by cytosport. the reason i never tried serious mass is because of the massive serving size and incredible amount of sugar. dont forget when u compare the different gainers to compare the serving size. i think serious mass is about 2x that of most other gainers, hence the really high calorie count. also, cytogainer only has somewhere around 6g of sugar, which i think is a plus for a leaner gain. even with the smaller serving size of cytogainer, i only took 3/4 of a serving post workout and 3/4 of a serving before bed. it would probably be better to spread out the entire serving anyways so that ur staying out of a catabolic state(i think thats how it works). thats just my 2 cents...
  8. New Member

I have tried several weight gainers couldnt really see any difference over the others besides tatse, and thickness, have a fast metabolism. They one I like most is MHP Up Your Mass.
  9. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    I was in a love hate relationship with serious mass. It tastes great, atleast the chocolate does. But I started putting on the wrong kinda weight because of all the Malto. in it. Id drink 1/3 between breakfast and lunch, 1/3 postworkout, and 1/3 later at ntie. Each had an additional scoop of protein in it.

Im sensative to malto. though. I dont really like MRP's for that matter. It may work great for you. I'd dose it similar as to what I did.
    Yeah the entire two scoops was almost too much to keep down, I can feel myself getting fatter drinking this stuff. So As of today, I have cut the servings in half and been using milk, and so far so good. I just have been too lazy too cook all of my meals like I used to and was hoping this might be an easy way out. More or less I figured since it exists and is promoted as a 1250 cal shake and doesn't say anything about dividing the servings up it wouldn't be so bad. My gains were decent with cytogainer but my body seemed to respond better with the blended protein gainers like pro-complex gainer, and true mass. Now it looks like it's back to the foreman grill and 1 scoop of serious mass 3 times a day! Thanks for the tips!
    :hot:
  10. New Member

It is a good protein, but I prefer their pro complex gainer (vanilla) with a big 'ol gob of peanut butter instead!

Vanilla soy milk is a plus, too! Lots of protein and good fats!

Let us know how your run in with SMass goes.

I think this is a product that scares many away simply due to it's nutritional profile. But you know what they say. The proof is in the pudding- i mean- errrr... SHAKE.
  11. New Member

i've been through 2.5 bags of ON serious mass this summer and I divide the whole 12lb bag up into individual baggies with one scoop each when I get the bag, I use it as a PWO shake and put it into a nalgene bottle and with about 8oz of water I just shake it up and its super smooth with no lumps, I did combine it with protein powder and it would ALWAYS be lumpy, I'm on a bulk so its a super easy 600 extra cals every day and on off days I add a few cookies to the vanilla and some peanut butter and it works out to be around 850 Cals.
    however I think that by itself the chocolate tastes better than the vanilla
  12. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

i did a bag of this (chocolate) when i got out of the hospital and back into training. The two huge scoops it recommends is really hard and that is saying something cuz i can usually eat alot. I divided it into 2 doses. One in the begining of the day and one post workout. I used half water half milk and thru in some peanutbutter. It was good and i did gain weight with it. I thought about buying another bag but still havent. It is probably the best deal as far as quantity and quality out of all the gainers imo.
  13. New Member

I started taking just one scoop with skim milk and in a blender the taste is amazing, and the weight gain is even better.
  14. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

wat flavor did you get?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass
    By brandon615 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-19-2008, 12:22 AM
  2. Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass ?
    By mattakaspeedy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16