needing a new routine

hawks31

Awards
19 years old and workouts 6 days a week focusing on a single muscle group for about 3 months so far can anyone offer new workout regiments so that i can switch things up? orrr is my workout fine the way it is?
thanks dudes

Bishop2009

Bishop2009

Banned
Awards
19 years old and workouts 6 days a week focusing on a single muscle group for about 3 months so far can anyone offer new workout regiments so that i can switch things up? orrr is my workout fine the way it is?
thanks dudes
well what are you looking for strength or bulking? because i have a great strength workout. well i think it is anyway.

MattRoeske

MattRoeske

Awards
  • Established
ha

who wants to train for strength :( lol every1 wants to train to look like a monster :p

if you're looking to switch up your routine which you have by now since its been 3 months that a lil long to stay w/ one routine switch to a 5 day on 2/3 day off or a 4day on 3day off

and for strength + size add in super sets + drop sets

i love drop sets b/c they hit both fast twitch and slow twitch fibers @ the same time
For ex. 5-8 reps @ your 75-80% max and right after drop down and do 10-15 @ your 50% max... rips your **** if u havent tried it b4.

i like to switch my routines regularly around 5-7 weeks. b/c you do not want to your body to adapt what your doing or else you stop gaining in my opinion.

Last edited:
Bishop2009

Bishop2009

Banned
Awards
who wants to train for strength :( lol every1 wants to train to look like a monster :p
haha well i dunno its always fun to be as strong as an ox... right now im not haha ive been on an off streak for awhile so thats why my maxes are kinda low.

MattRoeske

MattRoeske

Awards
  • Established
well

i mean i believe in being strong... but i would rather look good. b/c who really cares bout max benches lol how many times do u lay on the floor and push things up haha but i understand. its all personal preference i got my deadlift up 75lbs in 2 weeks lol but im trying to stay away from them b.c of lower back issues my max is around 300 that is really the only thing i think if i were to ask some1 i would ask that b/c the others really dont have anything to do w/ things in everyday life.

Bishop2009

Bishop2009

Banned
Awards
i mean i believe in being strong... but i would rather look good. b/c who really cares bout max benches lol how many times do u lay on the floor and push things up haha but i understand. its all personal preference i got my deadlift up 75lbs in 2 weeks lol but im trying to stay away from them b.c of lower back issues my max is around 300 that is really the only thing i think if i were to ask some1 i would ask that b/c the others really dont have anything to do w/ things in everyday life.
o yea i totally understand what your saying about that... but have you seen some of the powerlifters/strongmen that get cut? they have just as much definition and have just as developed muscles as a bb... maybe not such a bb as say ronnie coleman or gustavo... but they still are very developed.

MattRoeske

MattRoeske

Awards
  • Established
o ya ive seen em i just not of a fan alot of those powerman ppl cuz they are usually just fatties hahah and it aint that hard to pop up heavy weight when ur bigger when i was around 210 i was doing 900+ on leg press lol now im around 500/600 cuz im not focusing on legs :p i like physique more

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
big muscles = big weights, and big weights = big muscles.

Just ask Ronnie. Strength is important in bodybuilding as well. The more weight you can lift, the bigger you are going to be able to grow.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
You can't be huge if you dont have a good strength foundation.

More weight = greater muscle stimulation

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established

if you're looking to switch up your routine which you have by now since its been 3 months that a lil long to stay w/ one routine switch to a 5 day on 2/3 day off or a 4day on 3day off

i love drop sets b/c they hit both fast twitch and slow twitch fibers @ the same time
For ex. 5-8 reps @ your 75-80% max and right after drop down and do 10-15 @ your 50% max... rips your **** if u havent tried it b4.

i like to switch my routines regularly around 5-7 weeks. b/c you do not want to your body to adapt what your doing or else you stop gaining in my opinion.

Try Bill Starr's 5x5 routine. It will make you strong, but it will also add some mass if your diet supports it.

http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

:clean:

X

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established

There are alot better routines out there than the 5x5 now, especially for strength. Even power lifters don't just do compound exercises anymore. They have a max effort day and a speed/dynamic day and both include accessory exercises.

As for your "science" regarding drop sets and super sets, that makes no sense lol. Also around 5-7 weeks your body just about gets used to the program so the nervous system is adjusted so its mostly muscle gains. Switching right then keeps the strain mostly on the nervous system changing and not let the muscles get the full stimulus of the workout.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
There are alot better routines out there than the 5x5 now, especially for strength. Even power lifters don't just do compound exercises anymore. They have a max effort day and a speed/dynamic day and both include accessory exercises.

With the 5x5, I would add additional 'assistance' work than what is listed.

Westside for Skinny Bastards
comes to mind as far as ME/DE program.

Either way, lift lots of heavy weights, eat like its his job and he will grow...

X