Bulking Routines

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use Bill Starr's 5x5 routine.I have been using it for the last 6 months.My calorie intake is 4000cals/day,300 grams protein a day,and 500-550carbs a day.My age is 41 and body weight is 163.I am looking for a new routine for my bulk cycle.I realize everyone responds differently.I just want a new routine.
Joe

bishop17

Banned
Awards
damn that sounds like too much......but the more the better I guess....4000 calories??..

drksun

drksun

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah 4000 sounds like a lot for 163lb, but if your a hard gainer i guess..

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
are you on gear?

All I use is Whey,Weightgainer,Fishoil,Creatine Mono,Vit A(betacarotene complex),Vit C,Vit E,Senium And CMZ(minerals) by VPX.I just started RPM.
Any ideas for a new routine.I really like Sheiko's routine but it is extremely intense.

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
Max-OT all the way man. The objective of this routine is purely muscle over load. 4-6 reps, basic compound movements and it just makes sense. You only spend 30-40 min in the gym 5 days a week. Some workouts take around 25 min so it is short and sweet but requires maximum effort.

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Max-OT all the way man. The objective of this routine is purely muscle over load. 4-6 reps, basic compound movements and it just makes sense. You only spend 30-40 min in the gym 5 days a week. Some workouts take around 25 min so it is short and sweet but requires maximum effort.
Cool thanks man Do you know of a modified Sheiko routine(just way to many sets)
If i can't get a modified Sheiko routine I will do Max-Ot

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
:goodpost:

I concur. Make sure a good % of those calories (I say at least 40%, but maybe even closer to 50%) are lean protein. 4000 cals does sound like a lot, but if they're clean and your protein % is high, no reason you can't bulk with Max-OT. Also, be sure to read about the innovative warmup routine for Max-OT. Not only will it help prevent injuries, but you'll find you can lift heavier too. Win-win! Good luck.

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
When reading about the max-OT training on the AST website it can sometimes come off as marketing pitch since they try to sell you their supps to assist with the program sometimes. But I truly do feel these guys genuinely know what they are talking about and the program and tips are all solid. I have had good results with it so far.

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:wtf: :wtf:
:goodpost:

I concur. Make sure a good % of those calories (I say at least 40%, but maybe even closer to 50%) are lean protein. 4000 cals does sound like a lot, but if they're clean and your protein % is high, no reason you can't bulk with Max-OT. Also, be sure to read about the innovative warmup routine for Max-OT. Not only will it help prevent injuries, but you'll find you can lift heavier too. Win-win! Good luck.
I tried to register but my computer keeps telling me
Security Alert(The Security certificate for this site has been revoked) WTF So I sent them an email.Do you think it is becuse I have Windows Vista

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have used Max-OT off and on for several years and I honestly think that it is the best program for me. Short, but intense WOs that focus on compound movements. Great for size and strength.

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When reading about the max-OT training on the AST website it can sometimes come off as marketing pitch since they try to sell you their supps to assist with the program sometimes. But I truly do feel these guys genuinely know what they are talking about and the program and tips are all solid. I have had good results with it so far.
Hey thanks for your help man. I hope I can get the routine downloaded.

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
:wtf: :wtf:

I tried to register but my computer keeps telling me
Security Alert(The Security certificate for this site has been revoked) WTF So I sent them an email.Do you think it is becuse I have Windows Vista
Hm, maybe your firewall is blocking access. I don't use vista so I don't really know to be honest.

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
I have used Max-OT off and on for several years and I honestly think that it is the best program for me. Short, but intense WOs that focus on compound movements. Great for size and strength.
Yeah it's great. I love having felt like I accomplished a great workout in under 30 mins.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
Yeah it's great. I love having felt like I accomplished a great workout in under 30 mins.
Steel,
Do you count the warm-ups in the total time elapsed? I do and I have yet to get a workout done in less than 40 minutes, which is still quick. But if I just count the "working" sets, it's definitely 30 min. or less. Including warmup, it's more like 40-50 min. from start to finish, depending on the day. Chest (8 sets) and triceps (6 sets) make up my longest day because there's 14 sets and two warmups. Well, 1 full warm up and 1 "weight acclimation," which still adds some time.

Koi, not sure why you're having problems with the site. I'm sure they'll figure it out and help you.

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
Steel,
Do you count the warm-ups in the total time elapsed? I do and I have yet to get a workout done in less than 40 minutes, which is still quick. But if I just count the "working" sets, it's definitely 30 min. or less. Including warmup, it's more like 40-50 min. from start to finish, depending on the day. Chest (8 sets) and triceps (6 sets) make up my longest day because there's 14 sets and two warmups. Well, 1 full warm up and 1 "weight acclimation," which still adds some time.

Koi, not sure why you're having problems with the site. I'm sure they'll figure it out and help you.
Yeah for total time I do count warm ups but obviously certain days take longer. Shoulder and traps day take only 30 min with warmups. But as you said chest/tris days may take a little over 40. When I first started max-ot the routines did take around 40-50 min but after a few weeks it went much faster. I think just because I was working with more intensity and took 1.5min breaks instead of 2-3m. Plus the more familiar you are with a routine the faster it will go because you have a game plan going into the gym and can workout more efficiently. By this I mean instead of racking the weights after squats you just put them straight onto the leg press and so on. If you have to wait for people then that's always a *****.