Getting big

Onelite

Onelite

Awards
i am 6' 175lbs. i have been lifting weights for 7 years off and on. im 23 years old. the last 4 months i have taken no xplode and cell mass and some weeks i gained good size and others nothing at all. i dont keep track of calories or reps and sets, just work out. I really would like to gain lean muscle mass, if you guys could help me with opions on supplements, meals and a workout program it would be grealty appreciated. my goal is to be around 200 and lean mass.

Onelite

Onelite

Awards
my current diet is

4:30 no xplode
workout
cellmass post workout
5:30 2 eggs, hashbrowns

8:00 builder bar 20g protien

10: turkey san.

12: turkey san, some veggies

2: protien shake

4: protien bar

6-7 chicken or steak

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
lol. post your work out routine. change your diet up. your calorie intake is WAY to small. 4:30 n.o explode...? wheres your breakfast meal. my breakfast consist of 5 egg whites, 6 slices of cut up turkey or 8 oz lean chicken, 2 slices of whole wheat bread and 3 tbsp of peanut butter and a banana. your diet looks like your taking small snacks.

Onelite

Onelite

Awards
my workout is

mon-arms-abs

chinup 6-8 reps alt. w/
close grip bench 6-8 4 sets
tri ext. 8-10 alt. w/
preacher curl 8-10 3 sets
single arm curl 12reps 3 sets

crunches 3x burnout
side cruches

tues-chest, shoulders, traps

single arm bench 4sets of 8
dumbell incline bench 3x8
cable flys 3x10

alt shoulder press 2x10
dumbell upright row 3x10
shoulder shrugs 2x12

wed-legs-abs

squat 3x12
lunges 2x burnout
calve raises 2x burnout

hanging leg raise 2x burnout
hanging leg raise side to side 2x burn.

thurs, fri, sat
repeat mon-wed

sun-off

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Kind of light on your back. When you consider the percentage of muscle and the potential for growth you are neglecting an essential part.

Onelite

Onelite

Awards
sorry i left that out

on mondays
back
cable rows 3x12
cable flys 2x12
supermans 2x burnout

i think my biggest problem is not eating enough but its hard because im in a hotel most of the time.

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
I am 6 feet and about 180. I was 150 at the beginning of March. My goal is to be around 195-205.

I think you would get better workouts if you got a good meal in first thing in the morning, at least some carbs.

I found that the best exercises for putting on mass are squats and deadlifts. They are hard lifts for my body type but my body responds very well them.

For me, the easy part is hitting the gym. The hard part is taking in all the calories. Try to eat a lot of pastas, brown rice, oatmeal for carbs and get in at least 300 grams of protein a day.

Supplements are exactly what the word means. Meant to supplement a good diet. They won't do much if you aren't getting in the proper nutrients. Creatine, Amino Acids, and good multi vitamin is a good start. There are so many other supps out there that you are just gonna have to see what works for you, and your wallet.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
I am 6 feet and about 180. I was 150 at the beginning of March. My goal is to be around 195-205.

I think you would get better workouts if you got a good meal in first thing in the morning, at least some carbs.

I found that the best exercises for putting on mass are squats and deadlifts. They are hard lifts for my body type but my body responds very well them.

For me, the easy part is hitting the gym. The hard part is taking in all the calories. Try to eat a lot of pastas, brown rice, oatmeal for carbs and get in at least 300 grams of protein a day.

Supplements are exactly what the word means. Meant to supplement a good diet. They won't do much if you aren't getting in the proper nutrients. Creatine, Amino Acids, and good multi vitamin is a good start. There are so many other supps out there that you are just gonna have to see what works for you, and your wallet.
:goodpost:

Good posting chuck

Beandorf

Beandorf

Awards
im also looking to bulk and I really dont eat that much but I do eat...usually wake up and have 3-4 egg whites with 3 slices of turkey...bowl of mixed fruit and a slice of wheat bread....couple hours later I might have some whey protein with a turkey sandwhich...later on ill have like a wheat wrap with turkey/cheese and cottage cheese, then for dinner/snack ill have some more protein drink and maybe like steamed chicken/vegetables. I want more size on my arms! :p

Onelite

Onelite

Awards
thanks guys, i will try to eat a lot bigger meals and see what my results are.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
i dont keep track of calories or reps and sets, just work out./QUOTE]

That is the problem right there. You need to start keeping track of what you eat. You can do so easily online at fitday.com. Your total calories and your macro breakdown (i.e. how many carbs, fats, and protein) will have THE BIGGEST impact on how much you gain.

Just looking at your current diet, I would say:

5:30 - 2 eggs? How about 6-8 to get enough protein. And hash browns may not be best carb source.

8:00 - protein bars aren't best source of nutrition, and one 20g bar definitely isn't sufficient.

10 & 12 - ok assuming you have A LOT of turkey on there

2 & 4 - don't depend on shakes & bars... there's no carbs in a protein shake and not a lot in most bars. If you want to gain you need carbs.

Generally you want to be eating 5-7 meals/day, with each meal having 30-50g protein. Depending on your metabolism and your goals most meals (except maybe the last) should have from 30-50g carbs up to 100+. Limit unhealthy fats (saturated), and emphasize healthy fats.