Just about finished my creatine cycle...

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys, might remember me nagging like a month ago for info about creatine and other stuff.

Anyways -- Its thursday night atm and my creatine will run out by about saturday/sunday as the 4 weeks are about over now. I'm curious to know what gains you guys get off a months cycle?

I didnt do a loading phase as one wasnt required with mine...

The thing is im not sure if my gains were purely due to creatine or the fact that some exercises I've never done before and when you start off it can take like 2-3 weeks to settle into a weight and get used to the exercise... cause uve never done that exercise u could start off say... 100lbs, but in 3 weeks be doing 130... (if u get what i mean?) ie because u get used to it coz uve never done it

anyway i started my new routine about 6 or 7 weeks ago, so i started my creatine cycle about 2 or 3 weeks into this routine while still getting used to it etc, learning the ropes while working out more 'properly' ie not fudging around on machine weights like in the past

ill give my starting weights when is started about 6 weeks ago and now what im doing with my 4 week creatine cycle just about over, i aim for about 5 or 6 reps, if i hit about 8 i add 5lbs or something, all depends

squat (never done em before in my life..) started off doing 132lbs, now am doing 165lbs (feels like an unco exercise still i recon i could maybe do 170lbs)

deadlifts started 176lbs and now am doing 220lbs

incline bench press barbell started 132lbs now doing 154lbs

standing barbell bicep curl started 60.5 lbs now doing 71.5 lbs

overhead standing barbell tricep extension was 77lbs and now am doing 88lbs could prob add 5lbs to it maybe

after my barbell incline bench i do some dumbell benching which i think i started off maybe doing 45lbs and now am sitting on the 60s i think (cant remember clearly) but about that

im wondering if this is normal, more than u guys get, less... etc

im still a noob and im learning my mistakes ie doing back n legs on the same day isnt good, ie squats after deadlifts probly hampering my leg workouts but ill do a new 4 day routine in 6 weeks 5-6 weeks

also another Q: whats this post cycle therapy ive heard some people talk about after taking creatine? i was reading a post 10mins ago and heard someone say "dont wana lose ur strength after finishing ur creatine" - something ive never heard or read before... is there something im not informed about?

also just so ya know ive added just under 1" to my arms in the 6 or so weeks ive been doing this new routine, taking whey etc and eating properly, just about to hit 15"ers, im gona try get 16s by the end of december if its possible. basicaly ive started to notice (could just be the creatine), on like barbell related workouts, i can add 2.5kg or about 5lbs every week or every 2 weeks to be safe on my workouts, maybe something harder like curling i can add 5lbs every 3-4 weeks but yea

thanks!

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
if you can do it, then do it. push yourself in the gym and you'll see some strength gains.

no PCT for creatine, who the fck said that?

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
cant remember, i thought i read it on a post, o well looks like nothing to worry bout

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Post cycle therapy is needed after a *CYCLE* of steroids, not creatine. Creatine is naturally occuring in the human body.

Great to hear about your progress. I think its a combination of the creatine but also the hard work your doing paying off. Keep up the great work!

RR

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
thanks

im wondering, how many cycles of creatine can u do in a year? i wana do it once more this year but contemplating it twice... ie how many months break between cycles?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
thanks

im wondering, how many cycles of creatine can u do in a year? i wana do it once more this year but contemplating it twice... ie how many months break between cycles?
Technically theres no need to cycle creatine.

I do 8 weeks on, 1-2 weeks off. repeat.

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
really

dont the gains with time slow down if ur on it so much?

so ur finding saying on it so much is really helpfull?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
really

dont the gains with time slow down if ur on it so much?

so ur finding saying on it so much is really helpfull?
The purpose of creatine is so you have more ATP, muscle energy. It gives your muscles more endurance. So the gains you see with it are related directly to training harder, u know. Any weight gain you see with creatine is temporary water gain.

Cycling creatine is purely optional. I do cycle it personally, to give my body a break, general health reasons, etc. I cycle all supplements except vitamins and protein.

You can stay on it for an added boost if you'd like. But it's always good to take a break and then start up again, because you do see the effect of creatine more pronounced.

RR

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
ill try give it a go twice more this year hopefully see if its still as effective i loved it, 6 weeks added 22lbs to my bench

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
ill try give it a go twice more this year hopefully see if its still as effective i loved it, 6 weeks added 22lbs to my bench
good luck, keep up the training!

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
yea i found it to be effective

i was told by someone here i think in this forum to give orotine a go

havent really found anything on the internet except 3 user reviews which is nothing, as opposed to the millions of monohydrate articles n hype

from the 3 i read they praisd it better than mono... so yea

wondering if anyone else has taken it? or recons its better or worse

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've tried 4 types of creatine
-Creatine Ethyl-Ester
-Creatine Gluconate
-Di-Creatine Malate
-Creatine Mono

The CEE and gluconate were garbage, although Size-ON was great, as standalone they didnt do crap.

Di-Creatine comes in a close 2nd, It workd very well for me in the pre-workout arsenal. But for the price Creatine Mono has no compotition.

A blend of the 2 may work great 2.5 of each pre or somthing would probably work good. and the 5-10gr Creatine Mono post

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
The Only Reason I Have Heard Of "cycling" Creatine Is That It Can Be A Little Tough On Your Kidneys If You Dont Drink Enough Water Everyday... But If You Have That In Check There Is No Need To Take Long Periods Off Or To Worry About It Being Harmful... I Have Tried All Four Creatines Also And Found Some Success With All... But Monohydrate Is The Most Cost Efficient...

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
creatine is like everything else... if you dont use it smartly then there will be side effects.
this guy in the 82nd airborne was on a very high daily dose of creatine. he also wasnt drinking water, atleast not near enough. he died of renal failure during a pt test.
as for me... i do around 8 weeks on then about a week to two off. just make sure you stay hydrated