Mark Wahlberg

jh460

Awards
Hey I was just wondering your guy's opinions on this guy. I think he's got a great shape, and I'm wondering what kind of routine I should do for these results- nutrition, cardio etc. I'm 5'7" about 160 and I've been taking Cellmass which seems to help but I don't think I do enough cardio.

Also, what do you guys think is this guy's body fat %? And how much of it is genetics?

Thanks guys

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is that pre or post underwear boy stage?

A combination of things goes into his shape... genes, time, money, personal trainer, nutritionist... did I mention time and money.

Visualizing a goal is a pretty good way of trying to achieve that goal... just try to understand where your at in correlation to what it is your trying to achieve. If you need more mass, put on the mass. If your already there musculary, go on the cut. Eat properly, train hard and you'll get "your" best shape.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would say look in the exercise science section and see what some people have already used. Many post their routines and ask for help with it, which is a good first step. After you find something you think might work well post it up and see if someone can help make it better. Id next go to the nutrition forum, lots on their about making a good diet for putting on some good quality size.

If you are new to lifting make sure to have a good diet with lots of calories in it. Many people when they start just focus on lifting and see great gains at first known as the beginner gains, but with a good diet you can make much better gains. The first few months when you start will yield the best growth you will probably ever see again as long as you get your diet and training down well.

jh460

Awards
yeah post-underwear / wannabe badass stage...
but yeah i have been lifting I just find it hard to stay motivated.
i just changed my workout recently and here is what ive been doing:

1. Bench press - 8-10,
superset with
pullups: as many as i can- 3 sets of both
2. squat - 8-10,
superset with
chinups: 8-10, 3 sets of both
3. shoulder press - 3 x 10-12
4. either flies, curls, or traps, depending on the day
5. various abs exercise

and yeah i could be more religious with my diet, although I don't eat fast food, drink soda, or white flour/refined carbs. i just got to be better with getting protein at the same time each day and making sure i drink enough water.

you guys think to bulk up i should be doing high intensity cardio- biking/ sprint- jogging?
it just seems so much more boring then taking a jog or biking without interval training

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

1. Bench press - 8-10,
superset with
2. squat - 8-10,
superset with
5. various abs exercise

and yeah i could be more religious with my diet, although I don't eat fast food, drink soda, or white flour/refined carbs. i just got to be better with getting protein at the same time each day and making sure i drink enough water.

you guys think to bulk up i should be doing high intensity cardio- biking/ sprint- jogging?
it just seems so much more boring then taking a jog or biking without interval training
DO you do this routine every time you workout? If so there are much better routines out there and it is better to split workouts up so its legs one day, back/bis, chest/tris, which is a very basic way to do it or lots of other ways that people will here. Just doing that same workout every time you will stall out on gains fairly quickly.

jh460

Awards
yeah i've been reading everywhere though that high intensity full body is the new way to go, cuz it revs your metabolism and engages the most of your muscle groups. i used to split it up, but i didnt like that i only got to do chest or shoulders, which were the things i wanted to improve on the most, only once a week.

Bull6125

Bull6125

Awards

1. Bench press - 8-10,
superset with
2. squat - 8-10,
superset with
5. various abs exercise

If you want to look like that man, then go online and google his workout/eating habits or look into FLA Nutrition and BoBo. The workout you posted is going to make you look more like Dave Chappelle.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
there are many routines that have you working muscles twice a week, the difference from what you have is they have on day usually a high intensity with lower reps and another day with higher volume less intensity. But doing the exact same routine every time is not going to help you at all. You should at least switch up which exercises you do each time.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey I was just wondering your guy's opinions on this guy. I think he's got a great shape, and I'm wondering what kind of routine I should do for these results- nutrition, cardio etc. I'm 5'7" about 160 and I've been taking Cellmass which seems to help but I don't think I do enough cardio.

Also, what do you guys think is this guy's body fat %? And how much of it is genetics?

Thanks guys

I think it might just be the "good vibration" and The Funky Bunch must help out a lot too,

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
whats bobo?
He owns this site. And no workout will make you look like Mark W...unless your his clone.
Example. I have a friend that is the exact same height and weight of UFC fighter Sean Sherk. And he looks nothing like him and he works out all the time.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
whats bobo?
never, NEVER ask that question again. he's been gone for a while now but i hear he lives in the sewers.....waiting......watching.....for those 7 kids to come back to derry. he already ate one small child named 'glenihan'.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
never, NEVER ask that question again. he's been gone for a while now but i hear he lives in the sewers.....waiting......watching.....for those 7 kids to come back to derry. he already ate one small child named 'glenihan'.
LMAO

That made my morning. Thank you sugarpants.

jecko29

jecko29

Awards
  • Established
LOL....good one Beelze, I was wondering the other day where Glen had gone.....always loved his sig :D

jecko

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah Walburg looked ripped from a young age so that combined with money and time has created a nice physique but one you could possibly never duplicate for the reasons already stated. Nothing wrong with having goals though and learning as much as possible to get the know-how to achieve them.

The harder way but with a longer pay off is to research diet and training and then put it to use. The hard way is to ay someone to to the work and still put it to use :) Bobo is the owner who has a nutrition and training section where he designs programs for clients.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
chances are, you are a nipple short of mark walhberg status

thewrx

Awards
why dont you just buy his work out video, and you too can be part of the funky bunch.

jh460

Awards
i wish, but he's moved on to bigger and less gay things

wayneallyn

Awards
I am a monk and do not have access to any weight liftingi equipment.
I have read a lot about 'the cream' and 'the clear.'
what is the best way to gain some muscle mass in lieu of the above?
I am 65 and little or no muscle mass left. I also have a bad back from my time in 'Nam plus some pinched nerves.
I've tried some exercises without any equipment to help build up the core muscle groups but no effect.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
a 65 y/o monk that served in Nam? no more salvia for me.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah i've been reading everywhere though that high intensity full body is the new way to go, cuz it revs your metabolism and engages the most of your muscle groups. i used to split it up, but i didnt like that i only got to do chest or shoulders, which were the things i wanted to improve on the most, only once a week.

I agree with this. I used to do a 5 day split, now I do a fullbody HST type routine, 3 days a week, and I'm seeing more gains this way.

Mostly all compound excercises too btw, with a lil bit of isolation thrown in, not much though.

Something like:

Incline Bench - 3 sets
Clean + Press (from deadlift position) - 3 sets
BB Curl - 3 sets
Deadlifts or Romanian Deadlifts - 3 sets
Elevated Cable Rows - 3 sets
Cable Push downs - 3 sets (drop set on each)
Squats - 3 sets
Abs/Obl/Calves
+ another random bicep excercise sometimes

Then I throw in some incline DB press to work my chest a bit harder, my weak spot.

Also, I do maybe 50% of my 1 rep max on each excercise. I don't go too heavy, maybe just for 1 set I will sometimes.

I do the same routine 3 times a week, but I will alternate the order of it and change things around like incline bench one week, then flat bench the next, etc... I do this eod with 2 days off end of week and I'm completely loving this over my old 5 day split. I agree that this type of routine keeps your various muscle groups in an anabolic state longer than waiting a week before working that group again. Actually, studies show this to be the truth, it's not just an opinion. Not really getting stronger very quickly this way, but I'm growing. Oh, and I'm usually sweating much harder than anyone else in the weight room, mainly from the intensity of this type of routine.