Jogging 15-20mins 3x a week

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
atm im working out mondays weds and fridays, im wondering, if i did 15-20mins (max of 20mins if i can even last that long) of jogging on the other days after i workout, ie tuesdays thursdays and saturdays or sundays, would it hamper my growth? just wnat opinions or any facts etc

ive read around before a long while back that it wont as long as its short, ie not beyond 16-20mins in length coz then ur body begins to tap into muscle for energy etc

so im thinking like 15mins max jogging on like a tuesday, thurs and sunday night?

i workout in the mornings around like 11am-2pm depending what time i wake up on my monday/wed/fridays, so the next day if i am to jog it would be after about 6-7pm, which would be a good 30hours away from my last workout, but maybe 15hours away from the next work out thats yet to come the following day?

i read in the past to not do cardio within 8 hrs of ur weight lifting etc so yeah im just wondering if i keep it short but intense and spaced away from my lifting on the other days would it hamper my growth in any way? or would i be better off leaving it and just accepting any little fat gains that come with bulking if im mainly focusing on gaining muscle mass atm

thanks

bballstud

Awards
If your on a bulk i would limit your cardio to a min. It really depends on your goal with body fat and how much you want to gain.

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
remember there are two types of cardio
1. cosmetic
2. cardiovascular

jogging will hinder bulking, but is good for the heart...if you want to keep fat to a minimum, just walk for 30-45mins atleast and you are good!

phats