Curling

Doubravkody

Awards
what kind of curling do you think is harder sitting down, or standing up?

I think standing up is harder when curling, because it requires alot more balance, plus i have bony elbows

But my friend thinks sitting down is harder cause your less likely to cheat because you have to use your forearm?

so which is harder?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sitting is much harder because you cannot use your bodyweight at the bottom third of the movement.

Doubravkody

Awards
ahh ok :)

but how come its easier for me to sit rather than stand, besides the fact that my elbows usually end up jabbing into my abdomen

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It sounds like you are over-pronating your arms, which is leading to you having less strength.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Turning you arms inward instead of just letting them hang freely. Try keeping your elbow pointed at the ground throughout the motion.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
^ Considering the forum, at first i thought you ment curls as in when your drinking your whey shakes (or beer). 24oz is harder than 16oz, for sure.

i usually do my curls with my arms flared out from my sides, about 20 degree's. Unlike the straight by your side position as you typically see them done. This makes it allot harder and the pumps allot better. You wont lift as much, but pumps and growth will be redic, esp if you superset them.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
do your curls on a seated preacher station/bench/whatchamacallit