Best Weight Gainer for Ecto Hardgainer?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.17%

Best Weight Gainer for Ecto Hardgainer?

I'm an ectomorph with a very hard time gaining weight. Im looking for something to take a couple times a day between meals. Would something like ONs mass gainer be good since it has much more carbs, or something more balanced like BSNs true mass? Also I have job that requires nonstop lifting cases/boxes light to heavy for 8-12 hrs 4-5 days wk which burns lots of cals. Any advice is appreciated.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.3%

What about the staples like oats, rice, etc? Cheaper than supps, and as always real food > supps
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.38%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

Homemade weight gainers are much better and cheaper. Oats, protein powder, PB, olive oil, fruit...the possibilities are endless.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.17%

Yes I know all of this & thx for the input but, besides the real food is always best answers. I'm looking for something on the go I can eat between my meals that I dont have to use a blender for or have to cook. I will still be eating 3-4 meals a day besides the shakes. Can anyone tell me which would be better for an ecto/hardgainer?
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.73%

VPX Zero Impact MRP. Not a gainer but the healthiest thing out there I have found that is easy to for travel etc.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.27%

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolic Monkey View Post
    I'm looking for something on the go I can eat between my meals that I dont have to use a blender for or have to cook. I will still be eating 3-4 meals a day besides the shakes. Can anyone tell me which would be better for an ecto/hardgainer?
    I think in this case, you may want to purchase any of the variety of protein bars. They are a much better "on the go" item. Also you can revert to fresh fruits also to add variety. As for what specific product. I say mix it up. METRx is always good, Labrada bars are very highly recommended.

You can even try the DeFranco bars, but they may be more pre-workout.

Or as suggested above, and in combination with the Powerlifting USA magazine, April 2007 issue, you can make you own protein bars and add the oats and stuff recommended above. here you can add what you trust...
    Last edited by Erik2003; 06-12-2007 at 10:42 AM. Reason: grammar
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.17%

Ok thanks for the advice guys. Maybe someone could just answer this question. First off, im not exactly going for for the healthy route. Second, I am getting a weight gainer. What would be better for gaining muscle if one is not concerned about gaining a little fat? Remember hardgainer ectomorph, would like advice from someone that knows where im comming from.

ONs Serious Mass?
    Calories 1250
    Calories from Fat 40
    Total Fat 4.5 g 7%*
    Saturated Fat 3 g 15%*
    Cholesterol 75 mg 25%*
    Total Carbohydrate 252 g 84%*
    Sugars 40 g
    Protein 50 g 100%*

or BSNs True Mass?
    Calories from Fat 140
    Total Fat 15.5g 24%
    Saturated Fat 5g 25%
    Cholesterol 110mg 37%
    Sodium 260mg 11%
    Potassium 410mg 12%
    Total Carbohydrate 75.5g 25%
    Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
    Sugars 13.5g
    Proteins 46g 80%
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.01%

i no where ur coming from. i havnt used either one of those before, but ive used N-large II and cytogainer. id recommend cytogainer because of the lack of sugar. i think it has around 6-7 g. its got 580 calories when mixed w/water (870 w/milk) 5 g fat, 79 g carbs, and 54 g protein. the local store i used to go to recommended that and so did a few people ive talked to on here. ive wanted to try the ON weight gainer, but the extreme sugar amount is a turn off...

EDIT: keep in mind the serving size. cytogainer is only 150 g per serving whereas ON serious mass is 334 g.
  9. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

TRY,

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/743/mass-meal.html

If you want extra calories mix it with whole milk. Its is really really good. I have only tried the chocolate though.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.67%

Im not an expert but was in the same position until a few weeks ago with my job. I was an order filler at a "wally world" Distribution Center and worked as an order filler. This job requires u to run trips on a pallet jack that u stack with crates of frozen meat and produce that weigh 30 to 100lbs. We were also timed on these trips and payed based on how fast u met these times, not to mention the shifts could last around 18 hours depending on the amount of freight being moved that day.
    ANYWAY it burned a LOT of calories!!! To counter this I used SERIOUS MASS(12lbs). I would drank one of these 1250 cal shakes on brakes or while I was working, so i would end up having three or four of these servings a day. So this stuff worked for me and i still wasnt gaining fat just lean muscle.
    BUT thats not all I ate at work.
    In my lunchbox i had:
    -6 or 7 pbandjs
    -an entire pack pasta or rice
    -a few chicken breasts
    -a gallon of scivation extends or whatever else i felt like bringing

So the point of all this typing is use the serious mass between meals but make sure your eating just as must solid food. It worked for me, and you will end up being the biggest guy on the job when ur coworkers all end up looking like skinny little tweekers because there burning so many calories there bodys are eating themselves!!!HAHAHAHAHA
  11. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I love being one of the bigger guys at my work, i got aalot of those scrawny guys walking around at like 6'0" 130 lbs thinking their hot s***. I get some looks though and they know i'm all about buissness.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.74%

CytoGainer FTW!
  13. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.16%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolic Monkey View Post
    Yes I know all of this & thx for the input but, besides the real food is always best answers. I'm looking for something on the go I can eat between my meals that I dont have to use a blender for or have to cook. I will still be eating 3-4 meals a day besides the shakes. Can anyone tell me which would be better for an ecto/hardgainer?
    Fruit and nuts (walnuts and almonds).
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.67%

The true mass is delicious but I would just get my favorite protein casein would probably be best between meals and at night, and mix it w/bulk maltodextrin or dextrose. Thats all they use anyway the rest of it is filler or jive to make you think your getting more than you are. I would stay away from most of the bars they have alot of junk in them like trans fats and HFCS.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.79%

Cytogainer! Watch out for the mega gainers. When they say 1000+ calories you get alot of sugar (which gives me the squirts) and other things you really don't want. When I was 20 yrs old I used Twinlabs Super Gainer 2000. It was the cleanest that I knew of at the time. I split up the servings into 3. You don't need 1000+ calories at one time. Just split it up. With Cytogainer since it is 500-600 calories just try to drink 3 or 4 a day.

Similar Forum Threads

1. best weight gainer
    By cbcowan13 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-11-2009, 04:53 PM
  2. best weight gainer
    By riba in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 11:15 PM
  3. Best Weight Gainer
    By RonPaul in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9