very important bulking question, carb cycling/fat intake

Uncle Luke

hey im starting my bulk very soon, i will be taking anabolic pump activate. Ill be 18, and im 5'9 163 under 7%bf. i do a morning workout 4 to 5 times a week and 2 hrs of mma at night 4 times a week which is cardio paced prolly 145 hr through out. During this bulk i will be carb cycling based on this codex t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=811783 according to that info i will eat 245 g of protien and 175 g of fat daily and cycle carbs 183/245/305. i think its safe to say thats way too much fat.

the question is to you think it would be wise to up the protien and carbs by say 50 grams daily so carb cycle would be 233/295/355 and fat would be down to 125 daily. i personally think i could take in more protien and carbs because of the anabolic pump and activate. also do u guys think it would be smart to include some carbs pre and post mma? thanks for all your help u guys are great.

-uncle Luke

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I have found with carb cycling that you have to increase fats if you lower carbs or vica versa. Your body needs an energy source, or it will find one, like muscle.

It depends on your goals, but if you are trying to maintain LBM while losing fat, carb cycling with a breakdown of 45/15/40 (p/c/f) would be a place to start. You'll really have to adjust the ratio's to what works for you.

For example, I may go 4-5 days with 75-100 grams of carbs a day. On workout days I may increase this by 50 grams. All carbs are low GI, like oatmeal, brown rice or sweet potatoes, and preferably organic. On the refeed day I will either eat 1-2 meals consisting of 500-600 carbs which are high GI like white bagels. At this time I will drop the fats to near zero. This is done as sort of a leptin refeed. Optionally you could just eat alot of low GI carbs all day and try to reach 500-600 grams for the day.

hack

Awards
You did it wrong. You should have come up with 110 grams of fat.

That diet is great.

Fish oil, flax and conola oil. You will not get fat.

Uncle Luke

im pretty sure i did it right and i keep getting 174 g of fat? u think i should drop it and increase the protiens and carbs like i said above? also whats your take on pre and post mma carbohydrates?

-Uncle Luke

hack

Awards
110 was your bmr, my bad. 174 is your +125%. Thats only for 2 days. I would still give it a shot for a month and see how it works out, before changeing things. The fat will increase your natural test levels. I take canola oil,fish oil and liver cod oil. Flax and canola are almost the same in omega 3's and way cheaper.

What is a mma carb?

My pre workout meal(im 215lbs)
2 scoops of whey mixed with 1 packet of grits.
1 apple
1 banana
1/2 of bagel.
55 p 99 carb 3f

Post workout
2 scoops of whey and 6 scoops of powderd gatorade mix
2 cups of rice with a 1/2 cup of kidney beans
62 p 178c 3f

Uncle Luke

i might try it , even though thats almost 50% of calories from fat. mma is mixed martial arts, i do shootfighting 4 times a week and it is like 2 hours of cardio if i droped my fat intake and increased protien and carbs for the pre and post mma meals i think i might burn less muscle and get a window of opportunity effect after mma practice. let me know what u think

hack

Awards
i might try it , even though thats almost 50% of calories from fat. mma is mixed martial arts, i do shootfighting 4 times a week and it is like 2 hours of cardio if i droped my fat intake and increased protien and carbs for the pre and post mma meals i think i might burn less muscle and get a window of opportunity effect after mma practice. let me know what u think
It's more of a bodybuilding diet. If you don't lift weights I would not do it.

Uncle Luke

i guess i didnt make myself clear enough, i do 4 or 5 bodybuilding workouts a week, but in addition to that i do 4 mma training sessions a week.
so my day would be like

wakeup- 50 pro 80 carb
postbbing workout- 50 pro 80 carb
next meal- 50 pro 80 carb
pre mma- 30 pro veggies
post mma- 30 pro veggies
before bed- 30 pro veggies
and oils w/ every meal so my fat equals 175g

my question was should i lower fat and add extra protien and carbs to my pre and post mma meals. sorry for the confusion and thanks for all your advise.

hack

Awards
It's up to you. Do what feel's right and you can always change it.

Don't forget, your post workout carbs should be 50% of total carbs for the day. The other 2 would be 25%

Hope it works out for you. I really like it.