I want to be HUGE!! need guidence in the right direction

daydayy

daydayy

Awards
I want to bulk up some more, so I can walk into to rooms and have people just look at me and say I don't want to piss him off. I have always been the little guy so this has been a dream I've always wanted to come true. I weighed 125 as a senior in high school and I was 5'5"...now I'm 180 and 5'10" I have been lifting religiously for a while now and just want to get even bigger. I just am not great with picking out a diet for me. I just eat chicken, steak,and pb and j protein shakes drink a ton of water and lift. What should I do?:bb3:

fasthumpman

fasthumpman

Awards
whats your workout routine look like? might also have to bump up your diet. i recently started preparing all my meals for the next day the night before and put on a good clean bulk of about 20 lbs. basically ....chicken and rice then protein shake 6 to 7 times a day. others do it differently this worked well for me. goodluck give us a little more info might be able to help you out more.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
you need to eat alot and eat the right things. Find out your bmr (theres calculators on here and all over the internet) and then add 500 or so cals to it and youll be on your way.

Eat plenty of chicken, fish, beef, skim milk, fat free cottage cheese, rice, oats, whole wheat bread/pasta/bagels, and healthy fats like almonds, flax oil, peanut butter, and so on.

As for a training you may want to look in the training log forum and exercise science forum. 5x5 could work well among others. Stick to compound movements like deadlifts, squats, benches (barebell and dumbell), incline bench, military presses, and so on.

Run a few searches on exact questions and youll be on you way to getting huge. The training you use will be a big factor but when it comes down to it you have to nail in your diet to get to be a monser. Train Hard, Eat Hard, Rest, and you'll be good man

daydayy

daydayy

Awards
workout routine

Monday
Abs
  • everything 3 sets till failureexcept last exercise
    Side bends
    Leg Raises
    (3 sets)decline sit up's that are the basic concept of 21's but set's of 25(you lean back half way for 25x, then from the base up half way 25x, then full length situps 25x)(i call 225's)
Chest 5sets 6-10 reps

• bench press
    incline dumbell press
    machine or dumbell flies (depends on what i feel like)
    cable cross
Bi's 4-5 sets 10-12 reps

• 21's or a ladder up to 10 and back down
    seated curl
    hammer curl
    burnout 25 reps with 45lb then right into 35lb 25 times then 10 lb till failure (3 sets)
Tuesday
Traps
dumbell shrugs(3 sets 10-12)
barbell shrugs (3 sets 10-12)
Back 5 sets 6-10 reps

• bent over rows
    straight leg dead lift
    lat pulldown
    seated row
    pullups
Tri's 5 sets 6-10 reps

• Ladder up to 10 and back down starting at 100lbs
    skull crushers
    single arm cable pulldown
    dips
Wednesday
REST
Thursday
Traps
Abs ""
Shoulders

• lateral raise
    front raise
    military press
    i don't know what this one is called i just started doing it, it's a machine where you bring both elbows up parralell with head
Friday
Legs

• Calf Raises
    Leg Press
    deadlifts
    leg extension
    I don't know if I should be doing squats because I had reconstructive knee surgery last july( should I just do it light weight?)
That's basically what I do during the week...any other info on something I should change add or remove with definately be put into consideration.

daydayy

daydayy

Awards
vascularity

I was wondering how to increase vascularity. I have read that a lot of it is from genetics, but my brother and cousin have crazy vascularity. I was wondering is it because I have too much body fat or this gene may have passed me over? If that is true is there anything that can help me with that?

daydayy

daydayy

Awards
anyone out there?

Monday
Abs
    Side bends
    Leg Raises
    (3 sets)decline sit up's that are the basic concept of 21's but set's of 25(you lean back half way for 25x, then from the base up half way 25x, then full length situps 25x)(i call 225's)
Chest 5sets 6-10 reps

• bench press
    incline dumbell press
    cable cross
Bi's 4-5 sets 10-12 reps

seated curl
    hammer curl
    burnout 25 reps with 45lb then right into 35lb 25 times then 10 lb till failure (3 sets)
Tuesday
Traps
Back 5 sets 6-10 reps

• bent over rows
    straight leg dead lift
    lat pulldown
    seated row
    pullups
Tri's 5 sets 6-10 reps

skull crushers
    dips
Wednesday
REST
Thursday
Traps
Abs ""
Shoulders

• lateral raise
    front raise
    military press
    i don't know what this one is called i just started doing it, it's a machine where you bring both elbows up parralell with head
Friday
Legs

• Calf Raises
    Leg Press
    deadlifts
    leg extension
    I don't know if I should be doing squats because I had reconstructive knee surgery last july( should I just do it light weight?)
That's basically what I do during the week...any other info on something I should change add or remove with definately be put into consideration.

Anyone out there have any input on this workout I set up?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
again how is your diet man? The workout routine looks fine but if you want to become really muscular or vascular you need to nail in your diet.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the workout routine is no bueno. you are training with far too many reps. up to 10 reps? no good. it should be up to 6 for regular workout and no more than 8 reps for a warmup. vascularity depends upon bf % and etc. What is your bf %? do you know? can you see your abs? first four, all 6, or 8 packin? You definitely need to be eating more carbohydrates, it seems like you are eating alot of protein. that's like working out a 1/3 of the way and quitting just when you're warm. you can't neglect healthy fats and carbohydrates. in fact carbs are now my fun time.
anywho, FOOD. EAT.
I gotta go eat I am going hypo.
Peace.

daydayy

daydayy

Awards
the workout routine is no bueno. you are training with far too many reps. up to 10 reps? no good. it should be up to 6 for regular workout and no more than 8 reps for a warmup. vascularity depends upon bf % and etc. What is your bf %? do you know? can you see your abs? first four, all 6, or 8 packin? You definitely need to be eating more carbohydrates, it seems like you are eating alot of protein. that's like working out a 1/3 of the way and quitting just when you're warm. you can't neglect healthy fats and carbohydrates. in fact carbs are now my fun time.
anywho, FOOD. EAT.
I gotta go eat I am going hypo.
Peace.
i can see the top four very well bottom ones not so much. My diet I wake up at 8am eat a bagel, and have a protein shake.
11am pb and j and a protein shake, 1 pm pb and j or chicken. 6 pm another sandwich and then workout. get home protein shake steak or chicken potatoe and veggies.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
It's mostly in the diet. Lifting metal doesn't build muscle directly. Your body builds muscle from your diet because the work told it to.
Also, having others be intimidated by you isn't as fulfilling as it appears. Just a heads up.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yes that is true as well. it's not always the coolest of things to intimidate someone. although I gotta say while on some anabolics you feel like you could kill anyone. just saying...
anywho, you need to calculate your BMR (basal metabolic rate) and then calculate what weight you want to be at... and shoot right in between the two BMR's for a nice bulk. are you going to be using AAS for this or not? And I can't remember how old you are so please don't use if under 21.

hack

Awards
Monday
Abs
    Side bends
    Leg Raises
Chest 5sets 6-10 reps

• bench press
    incline dumbell press
    cable cross
Bi's 4-5 sets 10-12 reps

seated curl
    hammer curl
Tuesday
Traps
Back 5 sets 6-10 reps

• bent over rows
    straight leg dead lift
    lat pulldown
    seated row
    pullups
Tri's 5 sets 6-10 reps

skull crushers
    dips
Wednesday
REST
Thursday
Traps
Abs ""
Shoulders

• lateral raise
    front raise
    military press
Friday
Legs

• Calf Raises
    Leg Press
    deadlifts
    leg extension

Way to much. If your looking for bulk try this.
Monday, 4 or 5 sets of 4-6
bench
incline dbs
Pick 1 fly movement. IMO 2 is to much.
I don't have a clue what your doing on bis?
Straight bar curl, 4 or 5 sets 4-6 reps.
Db curl, 4 or 5 sets 6-8 reps.
End it with rope curls or hammers. 3 or 4 sets of 6-8.

Tues. traps look good but make it heavy. 4 or 5 x 4-6
Back is crazy. bent over rows and seated rows are the same thing. To much. Pick one. Same thing with pull-ups and pulldowns, samething. 4 or 5, 6-8 Change straight legged deads for rack pulls. The SLD are more for hams.

Tris, I like the exercises but what the hell is a ladder.
4 or 5, 6-8

Shoulders look good, you know the deal, keep it heavy

Leg day. Where are your squats? the most important ex. you can do.
leg press
SLDL
calf raise.

Thats what I would do. KEEP IT HEAVY for mass
Good luck bro. Let me know what you think?
You don't grow in the gym. Recovery is key.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Way to much. If your looking for bulk try this.
Monday, 4 or 5 sets of 4-6
bench
incline dbs
Pick 1 fly movement. IMO 2 is to much.
I don't have a clue what your doing on bis?
Straight bar curl, 4 or 5 sets 4-6 reps.
Db curl, 4 or 5 sets 6-8 reps.
End it with rope curls or hammers. 3 or 4 sets of 6-8.

Tues. traps look good but make it heavy. 4 or 5 x 4-6
Back is crazy. bent over rows and seated rows are the same thing. To much. Pick one. Same thing with pull-ups and pulldowns, samething. 4 or 5, 6-8 Change straight legged deads for rack pulls. The SLD are more for hams.

Tris, I like the exercises but what the hell is a ladder.
4 or 5, 6-8

Shoulders look good, you know the deal, keep it heavy

Leg day. Where are your squats? the most important ex. you can do.
leg press
SLDL
calf raise.

Thats what I would do. KEEP IT HEAVY for mass
Good luck bro. Let me know what you think?
You don't grow in the gym. Recovery is key.
start doing dips, compound exercises etc.

daydayy

daydayy

Awards
first the ladder is just doing a smaller amount of weight with a ton of reps.

Thanks for the input on the workout

the reason i'm worried about squats is because I had reconstructive knee surgery last july and just am nervous. I am planning on starting back on squats next week.

i'm 22

I am also starting a cycle next week of phera vol

so hopefully all goes well, i have all the liver supports and blood pressure as well as prostate supplements worked out. Along with my pct which will be on nolvadex 40-30-20-10

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
first the ladder is just doing a smaller amount of weight with a ton of reps.

Thanks for the input on the workout

the reason i'm worried about squats is because I had reconstructive knee surgery last july and just am nervous. I am planning on starting back on squats next week.

i'm 22

I am also starting a cycle next week of phera vol

so hopefully all goes well, i have all the liver supports and blood pressure as well as prostate supplements worked out. Along with my post cycle therapy which will be on nolvadex 40-30-20-10

you should grab up some cissus while you're on phera plex... just because of the problems with joints on many orals like that and... your knee surgery.
it will help.

JAYBOILC277

JAYBOILC277

Awards
Having Had Your Knee Reconstructed You Already Know The Rehab You Went Through Right? Take That And Build On That . But Make Sure If You Have A "brace" For Support Use It And Add Ace Wrap Under It. Squats Are Bulk Builders Big Time. Also Be Aware That With Weight Gain Your Joints (knee) Will Ache Like Hell. Lots Of Ice And Keep It Up At Night To Recoup After Hours. If You Have A Tens Unit It Will Become Your Best Friend Use It For The Knee Pain If Your Meds Don't Help.