Questions for Wrestling/MMA bulking.

Jeffhulud7a7p

Jeffhulud7a7p

Awards
I'm new to the lifting scene when it comes to bulking. I have always been cutting for wrestling (8 years), and now I have been training MMA for almost 3 years. I would like to get ideas on what some experienced people think for suppliments. With this said, I cannot use any pro-hormones/steroids. Pre-workout, post-workout, muscle buliders, etc. I am a college athlete and I am tested at random. My NHB coach would like me to fight at 155lbs soon, and I cannot fight at this weight and expect to do anything. I need to put on weight. Thanks for your time. I hope I can get some good feedback.

Goal: 15-20+lbs in 5 months.
Height: 5'8''
Weight: 149lbs
Body fat %: 5%

BMW

Awards
  • Established
hmmm food lots of it... who said you needed supplements to put on weight? at 149lbs sups shouldnt even come to mind dawg you got a lot of room for growth without anything.

Jeffhulud7a7p

Jeffhulud7a7p

Awards
The reason I brought up sups. is because I eat like a horse and I stay at the same weight. I maintain weight without running and such, so I figured I would have to put in more by sups. I feel like my body needed that boost, because I have lifted and ate and I just remain the same, but thank you for the response.

BMW

Awards
  • Established
The reason I brought up sups. is because I eat like a horse and I stay at the same weight. I maintain weight without running and such, so I figured I would have to put in more by sups. I feel like my body needed that boost, because I have lifted and ate and I just remain the same, but thank you for the response.
no prob bro i would like to help, but you say you eat like a horse can you post what you typically eat in a day?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2 things that have helped retain and and gain muscle while doing high levels of training are BCAA's and a cortisol reducer (Lena Xtreme, Retain, etc.). During any workout, I drink ~15-20g of BCAA's and take 3-4 caps of the cortisol reducer.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
no prob bro i would like to help, but you say you eat like a horse can you post what you typically eat in a day?
I also think you need to see how much you actually eat. everybody that is trying to gain good weight says they eat "alot" but then we see that they are eating 1800cals a day. Go to Fitday or post your diet here.

Jeffhulud7a7p

Jeffhulud7a7p

Awards
Breakfast - 5 egg whites, omelet with turkey & ham, banana, 2 glasses of water, 1 of gatorade or milk, & 2 blueberry bagels.
Lunch - 7 egg weights, 1 tuna wrap, 1 turkey sandwich, 1 bagel w/peanut butter, banana, mixed fruit, pasta, & 2 glasses of water (maybe fruit juice).
Inbetween lunch/dinner - banana & water.
Dinner - Mash potatoes, chicken, 5 egg weights, 1 turkey/tuna sandwich, 1 glass of water, 1 glass of skim milk, 1 glass of gatorade, apple, pasta, bagel, & usually whatever special the school is making.

This is a rough idea of my off season eating. I am sorry I did not add up calories, but it is def. more than I need to sustain. This can differ from day to day due to the school's choice on what will be in the Dining Hall. I will go to Fitday to find out actual caloric intake. This response was more for BMW.

BMW

Awards
  • Established
Breakfast - 5 egg whites, omelet with turkey & ham, banana, 2 glasses of water, 1 of gatorade or milk, & 2 blueberry bagels.
Lunch - 7 egg weights, 1 tuna wrap, 1 turkey sandwich, 1 bagel w/peanut butter, banana, mixed fruit, pasta, & 2 glasses of water (maybe fruit juice).
Inbetween lunch/dinner - banana & water.
Dinner - Mash potatoes, chicken, 5 egg weights, 1 turkey/tuna sandwich, 1 glass of water, 1 glass of skim milk, 1 glass of gatorade, apple, pasta, bagel, & usually whatever special the school is making.

This is a rough idea of my off season eating. I am sorry I did not add up calories, but it is def. more than I need to sustain. This can differ from day to day due to the school's choice on what will be in the Dining Hall. I will go to Fitday to find out actual caloric intake. This response was more for BMW.
hey bro thanks for the diet details even though its now more precise its just as what i and LSCULLA expected which is no problem and can be fix no problem so let analyze ur diet here:

WAYYYYY to many junky simple carbs it looks like carbs are 80-90% of you calories we need to balance that out among your other macros

WAYYYY to little protien in ur diet

hardly any good amount of fats

eating to infrenquently only 3 meals a day???

basically you have a way unbalanced diet for mass gains and im sure you have and high caloric expenditure which doesnt help the situation lucky we can fix that

now just my estimates but your only probably getting like 120-150g of protien a day probably 30-40g of fat and around 250-300g of carbs so you looking at around only 2000kcals a day and i was being generous, when i calculated the amount of calories you need your about 1250-1550kcal short which is a HUGEEE!!! deficit. based on your activity level for either very active to extremly active you need between 3165-3561cal a day! i would shoot for about 3200cal first and adjust from there.

so now out of that 3200cal well break down your macros in the 35/40/25 fashion which means about 280g of protein/day; 320g of carbs/day; 85g of fat/day. now spread that over a MINIMUM OF 6 MEALS a day using high calorie dense complex carbs like brown or jasmine rice, potatoes, WW bagels and bread really just grainy starchy stuff, drop the egg whites they are horribly ****ty for bulking purposes 7 egg whites only have about 21g of protein compared about 50g in whole eggs start using 2 whole eggs to every 1 egg white and start throwing some sirloins and round steak into your diet skinless chicken breast and thighs and lot of fish, use lots of nuts and oil for fat basically as far as putting a diet together you can do that with moderate research on the forums also it wouldnt hurt to go out to you favorite burger place twice a week and get the whole meal deal just keep out the sugary sodas, those cheat meal really help with mass gains especially.

so tweak you diet for a while and i promise you that you wont have to pop one pill for at least a few months to build some quality gains