Elbow pain

Ol'Dirty

Ol'Dirty

Awards
I know this has probably been answered before, just recently developed horrible pain in both elbows during chest, or tricept training sessions.
Ice works well but it comes right back...anyone have any suggestions, on how to curtail this, I was making great gains strength wise, now this
I'm only taking Protien, No-Xplode, and Cell mass

whoisthe7

Awards
I have the same problem bro. Recently after a chest workout with the bench, I stood up and felt a pain in my left elbow. The thing thats buggiin me out is that its like a vein or a ligament in the tricep rubbing against my elbow and becomes very painiful nd annoying.. its pissing me the f*** off because my strenght has been increasing alot and now i have to stay away from the gym. I dont know if this is exactly what you are experiencing, but def. keep iceing it. maybe before a workout warm ur elbows up with some heat pads? I aint a doctor but if some1 else on here can help us with advice, please do, cuz it sucks not bein in the gym.

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
I have chronic tendonitis in both of my elbows. Ice, rest, and taking Cissus (search) seem to be the best combination I have found.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
I have chronic tendonitis in both of my elbows. Ice, rest, and taking Cissus (search) seem to be the best combination I have found.
List of things that haven't done ANYTHING to ease my elbow pain.
1. Time off
2. Glucosamine and Condroiten -you really have to hate someone to even recommend this stuff or you really don't know what joint pain is.
3. Adequan
4. Aflutop
5. CissusRX

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
if the pain has remained this long (for trying those solutions) it could be time to see a doctor to make sure every thing is in line. I was off of numerouse tricept exercises a while back due to an elbow injury and after taking 3-4 weeks off training it on certain tri exercises I liked that were causing disomfort it went away but it may be time to get it checked out if nothing seems to be working.

philgeorge999

Awards
I have the same problem bro. Recently after a chest workout with the bench, I stood up and felt a pain in my left elbow. The thing thats buggiin me out is that its like a vein or a ligament in the tricep rubbing against my elbow
Sounds like your ulnar nerve is being obstructed somewhere between your neck and your elbow. If rest doesn't help, your best bet for relief is likely to be neuro-muscular massage around your neck, shoulder, armpit/chest and tricep areas. Some people with short nerves are predisposed to this sort of problem -- nerves are a fixed length and if they are too short and your chest/tricep muscles grow so large that they cause the ulnar nerve to be stretched too much you will get referred pain in the elbow and/or wrist and/or fingers. See a sports physio for a diagnosis or help!

quigley

Awards
  • Established
either that or u have tennis elbow. Is the pain noticable on the outside of the elbow? The side away from your body? Either way dude, don't muck around and put yourself out of the game. See a physio, who will either give you excercises to rehab it back to full health or refer you to a personal trainer who can do it for you. Dont try to be a self doctor

Ol'Dirty

Ol'Dirty

Awards
either that or u have tennis elbow. Is the pain noticable on the outside of the elbow? The side away from your body? Either way dude, don't muck around and put yourself out of the game. See a physio, who will either give you excercises to rehab it back to full health or refer you to a personal trainer who can do it for you. Dont try to be a self doctor
Tennis elbow was my first guess, though I'm not a doctor (never finished med school) . The pain is odd, where tennins elbow tends to begin behind the elbow this pain is localized directly on the tip of the bone of both elbows. the left radiates under the inside of my left forearm the right only the elbow alone.

I also started noticing a similar pain beginning in my left knee as well

quigley

Awards
  • Established
definatley see a physio. You might have nervous interference... go see a physio man. Im a personal trainer and ive seen alot of injuries and everyone tries to wave it off when i say go see a physio... dont make the same mistake, get it professionally checked out and the physio will tell you exactly what you need to do =) No one on this site is qualified to do an internet diagnosis lol, or any diagnosis for that matter.

Ol'Dirty

Ol'Dirty

Awards
definatley see a physio. You might have nervous interference... go see a physio man. Im a personal trainer and ive seen alot of injuries and everyone tries to wave it off when i say go see a physio... dont make the same mistake, get it professionally checked out and the physio will tell you exactly what you need to do =) No one on this site is qualified to do an internet diagnosis lol, or any diagnosis for that matter.
Wil do, thank you very much

satyricon

Awards
dont spend your good money on med help just yet! ive had elbow pain for many years and they really cant help you much besides give you pain meds. i lift regularly and work a construction job, working with your hands(gripping,weightlifting etc causes a muscle imbalance in your forearms and in your tricep tendons. ive been using thick rubber bands,put them on your fingers and thumb and slowly open and close your hand. use 1 at first and u can add smaller bands to increase resistance. i got the idea from ironmind enterprises,they sell bands in various strengths i just buy a big bag of thick bands at staples. i still have some pain but not near as much as before.

biggerthantex

biggerthantex

Awards
hey guys you might want to try fish oils. It helps out the joints.... They are very inexpensive....

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
hey guys you might want to try fish oils. It helps out the joints.... They are very inexpensive....
Thanks, I almost forgot, add fish oil and flax oil to my list of things that didn't work.

I'm using some IGF-1 right now and it seems to be helping more than anything else I've tried. I may try GH in the future.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
Use Cissus or even better Cissus RX for joint pain. That will most likely help if nothing else has.

Also vitamin C helps the joints as well. You can buy it in pill form if you dont like OJ that much. lol

mclovin30

mclovin30

Awards
I have the same problem after doing 10x10 for 4 months increasing weight every time I got all sets and reps without having to drop weight by 5 pounds.

Well that was over the colder months. I decided to stop training my upper body with weights and do calisthenics instead. I am still gonna do my squats and dead and with the extra time I am gonna start jogging.

So every other day i am gonna either jog or do calisthenics for my upper body strength probably until it gets cold out again. Then I am gonna go back to the weights on the upper body but I am gonna go easier on myself to hopefully avoid recurrence.

Depending on how ripped I can get from all of the jogging I am gonna be doing I would consider doing 6 months of powerlifting over the cold months next year. I used to powerlift on a club in high schoool and the coach was Bill Seno himself. Google his name and see who he is I just bought his book Pushing For Power and I only know his way of doing powerlifting.

But anyway like I was saying about those calisthenics I do three exercises each one for ten minutes one set per minute every other day. And I do them as slow as possible starting out with a bigger number depending on my strength for the given exercise and finish with a smaller number becasue doing reps slow is hard.

The three exercises that I am doing basically workout my whole upper body muscles and squats and deads take care of the rest in my opinion. Those exercises are inverted hand stand push ups, rows with body weight (I use a piece of equipment called an ultimate body flex for theses) or chin ups (which I am still too injured to do), and push ups.

carnivalhobo

Awards
stretch your triceps, this clears up my elbow pain virtually every time

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Injury / Rehab 3
CorpKiller Nutrition / Health 6
u_e_s_i Training Forum 11
bdavid Natural Bodybuilding 16
BRUstrong Supplements 10