Calories

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What is the most amount of calories one can have during a meal and get 100% use out of it?

i.e making my own weight gainer and it has around 700 to 1000 calories in it. I try to spread that over 3 hours or can I drink it in less time like 1.5 to 2 hours?

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Oh, theres some math for ya :p

You need to know your BMR, or how many cals your burning at least per day, then hour.
Then, there's the account for any deficit in glycogen stores you already have.
ON TOP of deficit from any excercise....
then the breakdown of how long digestion takes, the rotation of Saturn in relation to the moon, then divide by 4 of course :icon_lol:

One good option would be to just include a scoop of the weight gainer into your protein shake. Most gainers (if I remember... its been forever since I've had one,.. or weight gain for that matter :p- kiddddddn) -most gainers require something like 2-3 scoops.
Hve one scoop in the morning, afternoon or before and after training, hell, maybe only on training days if your worried about gaining bodyfat.

800 cals is the same as 800 cals. but you know excess will store on ya, so just break it up if your concerned.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fat is not a issue. Some one told me if I consumed 1000's of caloires at once that I would not utilize it all and waste couple hundred caloires so I figure if I spread the shakes threw out the day with my meals I will better utilize it.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Fat is not a issue. Some one told me if I consumed 1000's of caloires at once that I would not utilize it all and waste couple hundred caloires so I figure if I spread the shakes threw out the day with my meals I will better utilize it.
Nope doesn't work that way. Your body does not waste food energy. It has evolved to use every bit to prevent starvation.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Better for me.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i take in 5500+ cals a day over about 8 meals. im 262lbs and growing.