Frustrated

dsmlinc

dsmlinc

Awards
So, I'm 24 6'4'' and at 185lbs. I have been lifting for years now, I’ll get serious put on some weight hit a plateau, get discouraged and slack off. I am determined to break over this damn plateau but I need some help.

For the last 7 months I have been eating as much and as well as I can, 5-6 times a day. Good protein and carb rich foods with as little fat and as low of a GI as i can find. I lift Monday through Friday usually 4-5 exercises, with 3-4 sets at 6-8 reps. heavy.

What happens is i get to 190lbs and then stop gaining. I think I have even lost weight.

My friend who was a trainer said I should change up my work out routine, try a full body or superset type of work out for a month.

Any suggestions?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Roughly, how many kcals do you consume a day? Changing up your routine is also good, but your body needs quality kcals to build quality mass.

dsmlinc

dsmlinc

Awards
i haven't done the fit day deal in a long time but its gota be well over 3500

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i haven't done the fit day deal in a long time but its gota be well over 3500
I suggest finding your exact amounts with macros. Do fitday for about a week to get an average. Also, what is your exact lifting routine and supplements?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It might sound kind of silly but try going on a weight-loss diet for a month or two. The theory behind this is that as your body stays in an anabolic state (like a caloric surplus) it becomes less responsive to growth.

An HST cycle is also a good thing you might want to try.

dsmlinc

dsmlinc

Awards
Monday
back deadlifts
pull down
bent over row
close grip pull up

Tuesday
chest
bench alternating between bar and dumbbell
incline same as above
hammer strength wide grip bench
flys
dips

Wednesday
legs
squat
leg press
straight leg deads
calf raises

Thursday
shoulders
standing bar press
seated dumbbell press
lateral raises
bent over raises
shrug
upright row

Friday
arms
straight bar
incline db curls
cable concentration curls
skull crushers
over head extensions
cable push downs or dips

I’m not sure about the weight loss thing

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So, you do twice the volume for delts as you do for legs?:think:
That is your main problem; your largest muscles are in your thighs and they also help to release the most test, GH, IGF, etc. Also, cut an exercise from your chest day; 4 exercises is plenty and some, myself included, do only 3 exercises.

dsmlinc

dsmlinc

Awards
i will give it a try, any suggetsions on a leg work out?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lunges. One of the most effective and underrated leg exercises there are.
I agree on the lunges. I used to get asked how I got my thighs to grow and my answer was walking lunges.

Here is a simple and effective thigh program
Squats
Stiff-legged DL
Lunges
Leg Press
Lying Leg Curls

Alternate squats with front squats and leg press with unilateral leg press.

dsmlinc

dsmlinc

Awards
also for supplements I use NO Explode, Cell Mass, Animal Pak, Animal M Stack ... proteins

livebono

livebono

Awards
also for supplements I use NO Explode, Cell Mass, Animal Pak, Animal M Stack ... proteins
If you want to stay with creatine, I would suggest something other than cellmass. I used it for quite a while, and was not impressed with it at all

and I will echo the importance of lunges for legs, they are really hard at first, but they REALLY work

dsmlinc

dsmlinc

Awards
yeah i have never really goten any results from creatine... thanks for the help fellas i give it a try... i hate f'n lunges too

livebono

livebono

Awards
yeah i have never really goten any results from creatine... thanks for the help fellas i give it a try... i hate f'n lunges too
I have heard good things about a creatine called clout, but you may be a non-responder, but I personally have stopped taking the stuff altogether, it helped a lot with soreness, but that was about it

I always walk funny for a couple of days after a good set of lunges, lol