23 yr. old need vets !

ICantRunFast

ICantRunFast

Awards
i've been reading am.com for awhile now and theres soo much great info. soo much i'm getting really confused. I'm at 175lbs. 5'11"...i've been losing weight with cardio and diet consistently over the past 2 months (12 lbs)...but the past month havent really lost any...i've also been muscle building as well ( muli vit., omega 3, glutamine, whey shakes ) and stupidly before doin enough research i did half a cycle of halo...muscle deflated afterwards...i guess my question is whats the best way to get the best of both worlds....muscle gain and gettin cut/losing fat ? any tips with supps, diet, routine would be great....be easy on me its my first post....thanx guys

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Uh bro I'm probably what you would consider a vet (I'm 27 and been training since I was 14). I have to ask this first question, sorry if it's posted elsewhere and I missed it. How much fat do you have on your body at 175? I'd imagine at your height you're pretty lean? No?

ICantRunFast

ICantRunFast

Awards
thanx for the reply I appreciate it. I should have clarified I'm pretty lean everywhere but my midsection due to alot of late late night after bar carbs when i turned 21 and havent really ever been able to get rid of them...does that help ?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Search for recomp (recomposition).

It's late and I'm tired - and lazy - or I'd post something.

ICantRunFast

ICantRunFast

Awards
kno how ya feel.... i'm a newbie here any knowledge is good knowledge to me ! thanx

ICantRunFast

ICantRunFast

Awards
thanx ! it was very reader friendly and laid everything out in plain english..

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I'd drop the glutamine first and foremost ;) Your diet is very crucial. Rely on complex carbs and get good fats in there. I like a 50-30-20 or 40-40-20 macronutrient ratio for recomping.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yeah - drop the glutamine. I just saw that.

ICantRunFast

ICantRunFast

Awards
glutamine's bad idea ? I thought that helped in muscle recovery and helps not burn muscle while cardio and burning fat....all of you know alot more than me so i'm just tryin to get educated

freackishlylarg

freackishlylarg

Awards
these guys are right....your diet is crucial....and, for me, I bulk and then trim out, I get better results concentrating on one at a time. For instance, I am bulking right now and will be for another 6 weeks or so, then I will go back in and trim up. That is just my opinion for whatever it is worth! Good Luck to you bro!

ICantRunFast

ICantRunFast

Awards
thanx...i'm startin the cutting process now...i feel alot stronger and would actually like to start an see my muscles haha

ICantRunFast

ICantRunFast

Awards
i'm finishin up my cuttin cycle this week and its worked great !! the lipo-ultra, lipo 6x,sesamine, green tea ext., and obviously cradio and diet has helped me lose almost 8 pds !!...i'm gonna start a log today for the bulking phase to get any suggestions on additions i should get so i have time to get them shipped....look for it

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Creatine and Powerfull are very solid supplements to have. Congrats on your results, sounds like you know what to do and that's a big part of the battle :)

freackishlylarg

freackishlylarg

Awards
Congrats indeed bro...make sure that no matter waht sups you use that you keep your calories and protein high. This will help keep your body building muscle.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
thanx for the reply I appreciate it. I should have clarified I'm pretty lean everywhere but my midsection due to alot of late late night after bar carbs when i turned 21 and havent really ever been able to get rid of them...does that help ?
The more muscle you carry, the more fat you burn even when you are just sitting around watching TV. I'm only 1" taller than you and I weigh 225. At 205, I look like I have anorexia. I can't imagine being 175. I believe the key to losing your midsection is to add muscle to assist with metabolism (fat burning).

ICantRunFast

ICantRunFast

Awards
The more muscle you carry, the more fat you burn even when you are just sitting around watching TV. I'm only 1" taller than you and I weigh 225. At 205, I look like I have anorexia. I can't imagine being 175. I believe the key to losing your midsection is to add muscle to assist with metabolism (fat burning).

nice....yeh i just kinda started getting back into to it jan 1st...but i'm gonna start my bulk next week with halo liquigels, xfactor and thinkin about added somthin else but not sure i heard about activate with it ??

ICantRunFast

ICantRunFast

Awards
225 !!!!! your f'n hugeeeeeeeeeeee that would be sweet if i can get there in a couple years !! haha

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
225 !!!!! your f'n hugeeeeeeeeeeee that would be sweet if i can get there in a couple years !! haha
I went in the Air Force at 19 y/o weighing 155. A year later I was up to 185. Two years later I was up to 205. That was the maximum they would allow me to weigh without a waiver. Looking back at my post it looks like I might have been trying to be degrading and I definately did not mean it that way at all. I just know how thin I would look at 175.

ICantRunFast

ICantRunFast

Awards
I went in the Air Force at 19 y/o weighing 155. A year later I was up to 185. Two years later I was up to 205. That was the maximum they would allow me to weigh without a waiver. Looking back at my post it looks like I might have been trying to be degrading and I definately did not mean it that way at all. I just know how thin I would look at 175.
no prob. man i wasnt offended or anything...hopefully my bulk starting next week will get me goin in the right direction..

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
wideguy called himself a vet. :D

end of transmission