im 16 and tryin to get big help me pleasei need advice

shamsky

Awards
Hey guys, Im 16 yearsold and I am a sophomore in highschool. Im kinda small for my age weighing in at around 103 give or take a few, and im standing just short of 5'4". I am smaller than most of my friends and i am very interested in gaining weight (muscle) and overall growing tall too. I guess you could say that I am a late bloomer. Which blows cuz my friends are all ahead of me. Anyways I am interested in taking something that could help me. (creotine or nitrics..etc. i really have no idea) I am basically wondering if you guys could reccomend me anything to take or to eat in diet but mainly any supplements. I also plan on weightlifting but i heard you should "have hair under your arms" when you lift and thats how you know its safe and you wont stunt your growth... but i have no idea

Help please !

thanks alot

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Hey Man,

You should contact Bobo in Fla Nutrition if you are serious. He is the owner of this board and very knowledgeable. He has his own section a few items down the main page. He is very good. Good luck.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys, Im 16 yearsold and I am a sophomore in highschool. Im kinda small for my age weighing in at around 103 give or take a few, and im standing just short of 5'4". I am smaller than most of my friends and i am very interested in gaining weight (muscle) and overall growing tall too. I guess you could say that I am a late bloomer. Which blows cuz my friends are all ahead of me. Anyways I am interested in taking something that could help me. (creotine or nitrics..etc. i really have no idea) I am basically wondering if you guys could reccomend me anything to take or to eat in diet but mainly any supplements. I also plan on weightlifting but i heard you should "have hair under your arms" when you lift and thats how you know its safe and you wont stunt your growth... but i have no idea

Help please !

thanks alot
Lifting does not stunt your growth. You can lift.

Bottom line is at your age, and about to go through puberty... You can eat EVERYTHING in site, and you will be squared away. Eat... Eat... EAT!!!

Start out small in the gym... dont try anything you cannot do.... FORM is what you are going after.... Machines are a descent start, since they restrict your form... but you will plateau as some time, and will need to pick up a free weight.

It sucks being a bit behind... but when you hit it... after reading a bit here.. you will be light years ahead of your peers.

Adams

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I often think back to when I was a skinny ass teen and remember fondly how easy it was to build muscle, recover and get away with murder in terms of form.

Save your money for quality protein sources..chicken, tuna, beef and a good protein powder..that's all you really need. Creatine is barely worth the cost IMO, but is fun to play around with after you get to know your strength limits.

Get a good workout routine, stay consistent and eat like crazy..THAT's how you get big...not with supplements.

nvr2loud

nvr2loud

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I agree with what the others have said. Stay away from supplements right now. They are not needed at this point in your situation.
Just get a good solid workout routine down where you are hitting each muscle group once a week. Do 3-4 sets per exercise and stay within the 10-12 rep range. You can switch things up every 4 weeks or so to shock your body into new growth.
Make sure that you are getting in enough calories from clean food sources. Protein from red meat, chicken, fish, eggs, low-fat cottage cheese. Stick with complex carb sources such as whole wheat, whole grains, Old-fashioned oats, Brown rice, Green leafy vegetables, sweet pototoes, etc. Stick with good fats from Almonds, Advocodo, Natural Peanut butter, Olive oil, Flax, etc.
Once you have a sound exercise routine down and eating properly with the enough calories from the right foods, you will start seeing some nice results.
Once you have that down, then if you want you can pick up some Whey Protein powder to be used for pre and post workout out to insure that your muscles are getting the aminos and nutrients to help with muscle recovery and repair from a workout. Maybe then just pick up a good Multi-vitamin/mineral and some Fish oil caps and you will be good to go. You don't need to be adding any other supplements other than the ones I mentioned for awhile until you get some lifting time and experience under you.
You will see good result if you stick with it. Good luck and don't get discouraged. The results you want will come, just will take some time.

Pirate Grim

Awards
16 and counting!

WHEN i was 16 I was about 150lbs. Iam now 30 at 242lbs
thats almost 100lbs gained. When Iam ripped Iam about 210-220 so if your technical Ive gained 70lbs of mass. One thing Ive always held true to is this.

Train Heavy.
Eat.
Rest.

Iam not going to lie, Ive used alot of supplements and done steroids but not till I was 23 and already trained serious for 8 years. weights food and rest. these three are paramount to supplements, drugs wich are derivitives of the basics to exercise and nutrition fundementals your body must have to grow. train hard and in your mind see yourself how you want to be.

do this and never stop. In my mind Iam a bodybuilder and thats it. year in year out. do this and you ll grow. look at the big picture. nothing is better than finally walking around and not being able to hide the mass. xls or 2xl shirts. lol

SMOKEPALADIN

SMOKEPALADIN

Awards
  • Established
Save your money for quality protein sources..chicken, tuna, beef and a good protein powder..that's all you really need. Creatine is barely worth the cost IMO, but is fun to play around with after you get to know your strength limits.

Get a good workout routine, stay consistent and eat like crazy..THAT's how you get big...not with supplements.
True Dat !
Look into an HST style routine for mass and rotate it with a 5x5 routine to overcome strength plateu's
Good luck keep us posted on your progress.

shamsky

Awards
should i be staying away from dip and cigars and ****

i dont smoke weed but would those have a significant negative impact on me?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

All of those will hinder your performance, and consequently your gains.

Adams

bearmeat

Awards
  • Established
All of those will hinder your performance, and consequently your gains.

Adams
I'm not encouraging smoking etc but it has been shown to raise testosterone levels. Definitely not healthy but I doubt it would hurt gains. If you're exercising for performance that's another story...

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not encouraging smoking etc but it has been shown to raise testosterone levels. Definitely not healthy but I doubt it would hurt gains. If you're exercising for performance that's another story...
No.. .but when you cannot breath through a CNS taxing exercise like Deadlifts... it will cause problems. And if I remember correctly, smoking dope can signicant lower spermotogenisis... as a result of lower Test/LH.

Adams

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Marijuana extracts possess the effects like the endocrine disrupting chemicals.Watanabe K, Motoya E, Matsuzawa N, Funahashi T, Kimura T, Matsunaga T, Arizono K, Yamamoto I.
Department of Hygienic Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokuriku University, Ho-3 Kanagawa-machi, Kanazawa 920-1181, Japan. [email protected]

The progesterone 17alpha-hydroxylase activity, which is one of the steroidogenic enzymes in rat testis microsomes, was significantly inhibited by crude marijuana extracts from Delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA)- and cannabidiolic acid (CBDA)-strains. Delta(9)-Tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabidiol and cannabinol also inhibited the enzymatic activity with relatively higher concentration (100-1000 microM). Testosterone 6beta- and 16alpha-hydroxylase activities together with androstenedione formation from testosterone in rat liver microsomes were also significantly inhibited by the crude marijuana extracts and the cannabinoids. Crude marijuana extracts (1 and 10 microg/ml) of THCA strain stimulated the proliferation of MCF-7 cells, although the purified cannabinoids (THC, CBD and CBN) did not show significant effects, such as the extract at the concentration of 0.01-1000 nM. These results indicate that there are some metabolic interactions between cannabinoid and steroid metabolism and that the constituents showing estrogen-like activity exist in marijuana.

PMID: 15588936 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Adams

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Oh... and werent you just scared of stunting your growth with lifting??? :fool2:

Adams

SMOKEPALADIN

SMOKEPALADIN

Awards
  • Established
Smoking also wrecks havoc on your digestive system, which will ultimately cause problems down the road.
Partaking once in a blue moon probably wont hinder you, but habitual use is not advised for the serious bodybuilder.

bearmeat

Awards
  • Established
DAdams....he said he didn't smoke marijuana which is why I did not address this issue. I was referring to tobacco which is what the OP does do.

Pirate Grim

Awards
smoking weed and Bodybuilding

This is one topic I dont mind telling of my real world experience. I will start out with this. The only time I ever really really started slacking off in the gym and missing workouts was when I was smoking about an ounce a week.
I say this because Its true, and as a chemical demotivator, science backs this up as well. Smoking weed on a day to day basis, does cause lack of motivation in most people. I SAY MOST PEOPLE because I happen to have ADD ADHD, and the introduction of THC and the relaxing effects actually , in moderation helps me relax and also ,beleive it or not, study. I still have to take my add adhd meds, but I do find myself zoning out in my books, and I have to think that the smoke slows me down enough to process information, in a cognial linear motion compared to scattering about. Does smoking weed hurt your bodybuilding? In the right context I would say not much. I have read the research on estrogenic compounds and I have noticed under heavy smoking (3 to 6 joints) per day I could tell there was more gyno stimulation and overall bloat. I easily fixed this with taking 3 to 6 6 oxo's per day.
Iam not about to say that smoking grass is the devil, cause we all know ciggs and alcohol kill millions and even loved ones we all know. I really dont think smoking weed is that bad for bodybuilding, if you have the perception and day to day inner feedback, to think, "Am I progressing as much as I could" and also the scientific knowledge of its effects. I have to say moderation is best. Personally if Iam training serious I only enjoy cannibis maybe one night a week. I just got over a horrible flu type virus and lost 10lbs in one night barfing and ****ting my guts out , and a joint of good green weed really did take the pain away for a while, and that was nice. When
It comes to weed, Its always better than alcohol and ciggs, but all together, none help maxumum athletic performance for maximum effort (sports etc) I have smoked ciggerattes during dieting and noticed it did help in a few ways. But finally I got to thinking if Iam not taking sauce and insulin, Iam dieting on hardcore therms and smoking weed and ciggs. You can justify anything but remember when you get older,and you will, The Reaper will come,,,, and you will pay the price.
long story short keep the booze and the green to a minumum
1 to 2 drinks a day MAX for longevity (this is not for serious trainers)
2 to 4 joints a week I would say, wont kill ya.
And, now that the lecture is over, If you find yourself buying more beer and grass than you do protein and food,,,, youve crossed the line. stop partying and get your ass back in the kitchen and gym. The Pirate has spoken!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
"The only time I ever really really started slacking off in the gym and missing workouts was when I was smoking about an ounce a week.

Well yeah! lol

Hey, not to be a **** but this is a 16 year old you're giving herb advice to. Though there's no fixed rule for this, let's not go there.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
"The only time I ever really really started slacking off in the gym and missing workouts was when I was smoking about an ounce a week.

Well yeah! lol

Hey, not to be a **** but this is a 16 year old you're giving herb advice to. Though there's no fixed rule for this, let's not go there.
Ha.. I was thinking the same thing Bio... giving dope smoking tips to a 16 year old... gotta love society!!!

Adams

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
dude, stay away from the ganga. it wont help you in the gym, or anywhere else for that matter. nor will tobacco...unless youre a bodybuilder trying to harden up a little 2 minutes before youre walking out for pre judging.

honestly its just a matter of waiting shamsky, youll know when your body is good to go weight training-wise. I honestly do not think youll see too much progess until your body reaches its hormonal peak, for me this was sophomore year...god i hated the acne (i was more of the "one huge pimple once a week" kind of guy rather than a million little ones), but i loved the extra 40lbs of muscle it helped me to put on in less than half a year (dont expect this, i was unbelievably lucky).

also, whenever people ask me how they can bulk up, i always say, when in doubt, add milk. 8 grams of protein a cup...and its so easy to drink and so full of calories. combine that with a run of the mill protein shake once a day (you probably dont even need it) and the type of food mentioned above and youll be in very good shape to put on size when your body is ready for it.

bearmeat

Awards
  • Established
Why is everyone freaking out about marijuana?!?!?! He said he does NOT smoke weed.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I have 3 basic things I wish someone told me when I was your age.

1. Eating is the main thing.
2. When you lift, make sure to do squats.
3. No matter what, stick with it and you'll see results.

Good luck bro. I weighed 129lbs when I was 19 and I'm 23 now weighing in around 170lbs. I got all these from lifting, eating, sleeping, repeat!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Ditto Renegade. When I was 16, I was 5'10" and 120 pounds. Now I am 5'10" and 190 though I have been up and over 200 pounds. I prefer to hang in the 190's because anything heavier is just plain uncomfortable.

Eat, eat, eat!

JohnnyHads

JohnnyHads

Awards
If youre gonna choose, and you have to do one... drop the alcohol, and the tobacco and stick with the Mary Jane

Safer, higher, and healthier

But if you can resist all 3, do that ;):woohoo:

Pirate Grim

Awards
Advice

for all the kind people out there reading this let me say...
I do not endorse dope smoking, alcohol drinking, steroid taking or endorse listening to hillary clinton or sean pean.
When I was 16 I only had a few big older guys tell me the truth about serious bodybuilding and thats this.
Real big big guys,,, often use steroids
people (adults) do alot of things we tell you not to do. I hate it when people baby young kids then wonder why they get mad at us about us lieing to them. All Iam doing is telling the truth about my experience. Kid, you dont want to smoke and drink your brains out of course but your also smart enough to know that people do alot of things they shouldent. I dont think talking aboutit is going to hurt you because you deserve to know the truth about the real world. In the real world both of these are illegal for you. Steroids are illegal but we see our ball players using them. The point Iam trying to make is, kid use your brain. Listen to wise people and make YOUR OWN decision.

Pirate Grim

Awards

247lbs and counting..... Legal gear and slin stack!@

Pirate Grim

Awards
Train eat sleep

Train Eat and sleep kid. At 16 the first thing you need to learn is proper lifting technique and nutrition. Train hard and smart. Read everything you can from mike mentzer about HIT training and understand you will make steady progress as long as you keep your training nutrition and rest in balance. heres a snapshot. When I was 16 i weighed 150. I ate about 2500 cals a day and could squat about 315 for 6. Iam 30 now and eat about 5000 cals a day and I think my best free squat was 550 for 10. I never tried to lift "alot" but over the years you just get strong when you lift and eat. Rest is one of the big three. I sleep about 8 to 9 hours a day now and my progress has never been better, and yes, I have excluded the booze and almost all of the mary jane. Right now my head is fuzzy from last night. If you are a bodybuilder in your heart nothing will stop you. Never never quit. I have to say iam excited about hitting my goal of 250. Iam glad I never stopped. and the booze and mary jane probably actually slowed me down to get here, but Iam here. Train eat sleep repeat. DONT OVERTRAIN thats the biggest mistake of kids these days.
Exercise restraint and educate yourself on High intensity exercise. I train for about 45minutes 4 times a week. I work up to one all out HIT set to failure per exercise. maybe 3 to 4 movements per muscle thats all. 6 to 10 reps, food and sleep. you will grow natural or not. best of luck kid.

PimpinLow98

Awards
Marijuana extracts possess the effects like the endocrine disrupting chemicals.Watanabe K, Motoya E, Matsuzawa N, Funahashi T, Kimura T, Matsunaga T, Arizono K, Yamamoto I.
Department of Hygienic Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokuriku University, Ho-3 Kanagawa-machi, Kanazawa 920-1181, Japan. [email protected]

The progesterone 17alpha-hydroxylase activity, which is one of the steroidogenic enzymes in rat testis microsomes, was significantly inhibited by crude marijuana extracts from Delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA)- and cannabidiolic acid (CBDA)-strains. Delta(9)-Tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabidiol and cannabinol also inhibited the enzymatic activity with relatively higher concentration (100-1000 microM). Testosterone 6beta- and 16alpha-hydroxylase activities together with androstenedione formation from testosterone in rat liver microsomes were also significantly inhibited by the crude marijuana extracts and the cannabinoids. Crude marijuana extracts (1 and 10 microg/ml) of THCA strain stimulated the proliferation of MCF-7 cells, although the purified cannabinoids (THC, CBD and CBN) did not show significant effects, such as the extract at the concentration of 0.01-1000 nM. These results indicate that there are some metabolic interactions between cannabinoid and steroid metabolism and that the constituents showing estrogen-like activity exist in marijuana.

Adams
This is good news are you saying you could use this as a serm.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Umm... I'm not thinking that's what he was getting at with that post. :think:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to rpen22 again.

Good... glad someone could understand what I was getting at.

Adams

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established

christopher

Awards
  • Established
The exact opposite. You could grow breasts due to test inhibition.
Doesnt inhibit test., it increases estrogen thru aromatase, stimulating glandular growth, and you got Gyno!!!!!:hammer:

And not pseudo (fatty) gyno, glandular gyno, the kind that requires surgery (excision) to repair if left untreated....

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
Doesnt inhibit test., it increases estrogen thru aromatase, stimulating glandular growth, and you got Gyno!!!!!:hammer:

And not pseudo (fatty) gyno, glandular gyno, the kind that requires surgery (excision) to repair if left untreated....
Testosterone 6beta- and 16alpha-hydroxylase activities together with androstenedione formation from testosterone in rat liver microsomes were also significantly inhibited by the crude marijuana extracts and the cannabinoids.

Adams
I must have misread this sentence.

daydayy

daydayy

Awards
read

I have 3 basic things I wish someone told me when I was your age.

1. Eating is the main thing.
2. When you lift, make sure to do squats.
3. No matter what, stick with it and you'll see results.

Good luck bro. I weighed 129lbs when I was 19 and I'm 23 now weighing in around 170lbs. I got all these from lifting, eating, sleeping, repeat!
I completely agree with Renegade. When I was 16 man I wish people would have helped me out. I was 5'5" and 120 till I was like 19-20 now I'm 22 and I weigh 180 and am 5'10" . Train hard and keep focused I learned a lot from here, and you will to man.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
I was in your identical stage when I was your age. Being a late bloomer sucked. Basically its a waiting game with your body, but you can use this to your advantage. You can hit the gym hard and learn all the ground rules that everyone has told you on here, eating right, no stimulants (tobacco), lift hard (squats), protein intake. Learn all this now and when your body is ready you will be bigger then your friends.

I was 115lbs in high school at 5'5" when I was your age. I stuck to the gym and learned the basics, even though I didnt make huge gains and all my friends did. It was pretty ****ty but I developed a love for it which is hopefully what will happen to you. Too many people do this for a year and quit. Now I'm 26, 5'9" and 170lbs and I run into kids I used to think were big in highschool and I look down at them and just laugh to myself.

Bottom line is stick to it and learn the ground rules even if your body isnt ready to make big gains. You will see progress and feel strong up until that point and you will be happy in the long run. And your lifting will be correct and techniques will be on point.

EctoBuff

EctoBuff

Awards
hey man, the biggest thing that helped me was just eating 2 of everything...
like if your going to eat a bb&j, just eat 2....protienshake....2of them *****es. i gained about 30lbs using this meathod.
And also, if you have no appetite get some "grub on" or some "black hole" it helped me like crazy
good luck bro!

SwolE Mammoth

SwolE Mammoth

Awards
1. eat 5-7 meals a day. start out eating 500 more calories a day than you normally do. you will probably need to make a log. you need to eat healthy and none of that crap. you will probably need to pack tuna, turkey and whatever else sandwiches around with you.

2. get in the gym and throw some weight around. start out simple!

3. get at least 8 hours of sleep

4. drink 1 gal of water a day

5. don't smoke cigs period! don't drink alcohol on a regularly.

6. be consistent

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
hey man, the biggest thing that helped me was just eating 2 of everything...
like if your going to eat a bb&j, just eat 2....protienshake....2of them *****es. i gained about 30lbs using this meathod.
And also, if you have no appetite get some "grub on" or some "black hole" it helped me like crazy
good luck bro!
Not a bad idea

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
eat lift sleep repeat ... many many many days and youll reach your goals

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
All good advice.

I found what helped me in the early days was to over eat at every meal. When I was full I would force myself to eat a little more.

That and 20 rep squats.

Your young and probably have loads going on in your life. Keep it simple eat loads of good food, stick to the big basic exercises (squats, deadlifts, press, rows). Do that for 2 or 3 years consistantly and you will be amazed where you find yourself.

Oh, and erm... Enjoy it!

TheDrive

Awards
At your age, you can afford to eat like crazy. But if you're like me when I was your age, you'll have to learn to steer clear of the crappy processed foods. Get enough protein in your diet!

EAT MOM'S COOKING! You won't have that luxury forever...LOL

The whole idea of cracking growth plates when lifting too young is BS. You'd have to pretty much give yourself a hernia to do that.

Remember, when lifting don't try all the advanced techniques for building muscle that you read in every magazine. It's of no help to most people. Stay on track with the tried and true exercises that are as simple as possible. They always have, and always will stimulate the most muscle growth. (i.e. Bench Press, Squats, Curls...etc.) Don't forget to throw some pushups, pull ups, and situps in there a couple times a week too, they will help tone your stabilizer muscles.

Good luck bud! You can PM me anytime you'd like. I'll steer you in the right direction.