Getting big and then cutting - AnabolicMinds.com

Getting big and then cutting

1. New Member

Getting big and then cutting

I plan to do a cycle of SD in the near future but want to check up on diet and so forth. My plan was to take in about 3000-3500 calories a day. Right now I'm 5'10 180 17-18% bf (i know i need to lose weight) Anyways, I took some time off from lifting because I got surgery on my shoulder and was out of the game for a good amount of time. I gained some fat and lost a good deal of muscle, but have started back up in the gym working harder then ever. My question is, like everyone I want to gain good muscle on a cycle and I had a set diet which would work, but do I really need to take in so many calories when my BF % is already so high. Of course I need to stay high in protien and get a good amount of carbs for energy, but do I need to keep my calories above 2000-2500 still? I plan to cut after and have no desire to cut even more then needed. Thanks a lot.

2. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
    I plan to do a cycle of superdrol in the near future but want to check up on diet and so forth. My plan was to take in about 3000-3500 calories a day. Right now I'm 5'10 180 17-18% bf (i know i need to lose weight) Anyways, I took some time off from lifting because I got surgery on my shoulder and was out of the game for a good amount of time. I gained some fat and lost a good deal of muscle, but have started back up in the gym working harder then ever. My question is, like everyone I want to gain good muscle on a cycle and I had a set diet which would work, but do I really need to take in so many calories when my BF % is already so high. Of course I need to stay high in protien and get a good amount of carbs for energy, but do I need to keep my calories above 2000-2500 still? I plan to cut after and have no desire to cut even more then needed. Thanks a lot.
    Hard to say what the right amount of Kcals is given the lack of information. But I doubt 2000-2500 will be near enough. Superdrol is pretty good at partitioning, so you should be able to take in excess Kcals without a negative impact.

HOWEVER, I was in a a similar situtation to which you are presently in at one point and I would HIGHLY advise that you diet down to 12% minimum before you start on a bulk, even assisted. I did not take similar advice when I was in this position and bulked heavily from ~16% BF. It was much more difficult to get the BF off and look longer than if I had started the bulk at a lower BF %.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  222 lbs.

why are you planning on using steroids at 180lbs and at 18% bf?

why dont you get to 220 naturally @ 10-12% ....yes this will take time......then use anabolics to get to desired size?
    •   

4. New Member

Thumbs up great advice

Quote Originally Posted by Da Main Man View Post
    why are you planning on using steroids at 180lbs and at 18% bf?

why dont you get to 220 naturally @ 10-12% ....yes this will take time......then use anabolics to get to desired size?
    ^^exactly my thoughts...

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 182
    Last Post: 04-14-2013, 12:56 AM
  2. danthamansky workout log ( get big and strong...er)
    By danthamansky in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-21-2012, 02:46 PM
  3. getting big and cut
    By mike27 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-21-2011, 12:46 PM
  4. Help Me I need info (want to get big and defined)
    By tatkins85 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 05:48 PM
  5. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-16-2008, 10:49 PM