Oats

bradhore

Awards
Is it okay to have around 3 bowls (300g) of oats a day to boost your calorie intake up? Because its around 360cals per 100g and only 7g fat, so do any of you guys do this? Let me know.

prophet469

prophet469

Awards
I low carb and I have oat meal every morning. I can only eat one cup though. I probably should eat another cup, but I really want to lose this ab fat.

bradhore

Awards
Yeah so o i, but the cals will make you bulk, and for the amount of high cals, theres not much fat at all.

maybe try more cardio like me

randall82

Awards
I eat 2 cups every morning. Add some brown sugar and you are good to go

bradhore

Awards
no no no, lol naughty you shouldnt be having sugar!

Can someone answere my quesion though, is it okay to intake 300g (3 bowls) a day to boosts the extra cals because theyre low in fat?

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If you need the extra calories/carbs in your diet, then it's fine, but just because they are low in fat, does not mean that you cannot gain fat from them.

Einherjar

Awards
All the cool kids mix oats in with their protein shakes. It helps if you grind them up a bit first, though.

vision

i think their great for bulking not that their low in fat but because they have a low GI and grinding them up in my shakes is easier than trying to eat a box of whole wheat pasta everyday.

bradhore

Awards
nothing better than soaking them in a bowl of skimmed milk, they slide down your throat then! can eat a bowl in like 1 min!