Gain 10 pounds lean muscle but questions about fat loss?? - AnabolicMinds.com

Gain 10 pounds lean muscle but questions about fat loss??

  1. Fun2Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    36
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    155

    Reputation

    Gain 10 pounds lean muscle but questions about fat loss??


    Ok let met start off by saying im a very easy gainer, I gain fat and muscle eqaully easy. I had been bulking for a while but not seriously. About 10 weeks ago I started on my bulk diet of 8 meals a day, little less carbs and more health fats then a standard bulk diet because my body does not respond well to lots of carbs. My friends think im a little to "over the top" because I literally eat the exact same food everyday at the same time but its healthy and it works. I eat 3500 calories a day, 370g Protien, 240G Carbs, and about 110G fat. Now I was 205 at 12% BF and now im at 226 at about 16.5% BF. So in 10 weeks I put on about 10.1 pounds of fat and about 10 pounds of lean mass. Problem is though at 16.5% BF my fat is literally all belly fat, my legs you prolly cant pinch the fat and hardly any on my upper torso and arms, well some but not allot, its all belly fat. I really want to lose some belly fat but I just seem to be in that anabolic zone right now gaining so fast. What should I do? Should I incorporate some cardio to burn some fat or just keep on bulking until closer to summer then burn down to 9% BF?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

  2. scott72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    807
    Rep Power
    535

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Fun2Train
    Ok let met start off by saying im a very easy gainer, I gain fat and muscle eqaully easy. I had been bulking for a while but not seriously. About 10 weeks ago I started on my bulk diet of 8 meals a day, little less carbs and more health fats then a standard bulk diet because my body does not respond well to lots of carbs. My friends think im a little to "over the top" because I literally eat the exact same food everyday at the same time but its healthy and it works. I eat 3500 calories a day, 370g Protien, 240G Carbs, and about 110G fat. Now I was 205 at 12% BF and now im at 226 at about 16.5% BF. So in 10 weeks I put on about 10.1 pounds of fat and about 10 pounds of lean mass. Problem is though at 16.5% BF my fat is literally all belly fat, my legs you prolly cant pinch the fat and hardly any on my upper torso and arms, well some but not allot, its all belly fat. I really want to lose some belly fat but I just seem to be in that anabolic zone right now gaining so fast. What should I do? Should I incorporate some cardio to burn some fat or just keep on bulking until closer to summer then burn down to 9% BF?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Me personally I'd throw in some cardio and try to slow that fat gain. You've put on some great mass, but it will take a long time to get back to 9% and hold onto that precious lbm. Throw some cardio in there a couple times a week and see what happens. Make sure your taking something like BCAA's, which will help preserve lbm. I'm off the same body type and it takes me at least 8 weeks to lose 5-6% BF and thats eating and training perfectly.
  3. Fun2Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    36
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    155

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by scott72
    Me personally I'd throw in some cardio and try to slow that fat gain. You've put on some great mass, but it will take a long time to get back to 9% and hold onto that precious lbm. Throw some cardio in there a couple times a week and see what happens. Make sure your taking something like BCAA's, which will help preserve lbm. I'm off the same body type and it takes me at least 8 weeks to lose 5-6% BF and thats eating and training perfectly.
    Appreciate the info, Im not currently taking any BCAA besides what comes in my two types of protein shakes. What would you suggest? And ill try throwing in cardio maybe 3 days on my off days, see if it slows my fat gains down. Thanks again.
    •   
       

  4. scott72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    807
    Rep Power
    535

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Fun2Train
    Appreciate the info, Im not currently taking any BCAA besides what comes in my two types of protein shakes. What would you suggest? And ill try throwing in cardio maybe 3 days on my off days, see if it slows my fat gains down. Thanks again.
    Nutra has a fantastic deal on bulk BCAA's....It's a must imo...
  5. t-bone2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    391

    Reputation

    Agree with the cardio. Last winter I did a bulk without any cardio for ~4 months and went through a similar experience to what you are having. This year I'm throwing in two (and occassionally three) cardio sessions per week and have noticed that this has made a positive difference in my overall composition.
  6. Fun2Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    36
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    155

    Reputation

    thanks guys, i will start some cardio right away this week and see how it goes, appreciate the info.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. how to gain 10 pounds of muscle in 2 weeks
    By gregmethews in forum General Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 04:39 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-26-2012, 01:08 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 08:23 PM
  4. Video of Beelz happy he gained 10 pounds
    By BOHICA in forum General Chat
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 03-22-2006, 04:47 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-01-2004, 12:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in