Grams Of Protein For Grams Of Carbs

bradhore

Awards
For bulking, can someone remind me the intake of G crabs per G of protein please.

rafter

Awards
Tell us some more about yourself. Height, weight, goals (other than bulking), etc.

gogo

gogo

Awards
  • Established
For protein I usually take in 1.5 grams per pound of my body weight. But i beleive for the "normal" bulk it is said that one should go 40% protein 40% carbohydrates and 20 % fats, in your overall daily diet.... someone correct me if I am wrong though.

bradhore

Awards
Height: 5ft 10
Weight: 13st. 11pounds

My goals are to reduce bodyfat aswell as bulk at the same time which i heard is quite hard to do!!

don stevo

Awards
im wondering if anyone thinks its a big deal to not count every single little thing that goes in there mouth.. like wake up -- eat a ton of carbs and protien and vitamins.. not counted... pre workout --- eat the same -vitamin .. post workout same... pre bed cut out the carbs and eat night time vitamins... sound good? sounds good to me.. cus it works with less headache

don stevo

Awards
Height: 5ft 10
Weight: 13st. 11pounds

My goals are to reduce bodyfat aswell as bulk at the same time which i heard is quite hard to do!!
reducing bodyfat + bulking is not hard to do.. here is the key...

monday - lift
tuesday - cardio
wednesday - different lift
thursday - cardio
friday - lift 3
saturday - cardio
sunday - cardio

lots of cardio and fat will melt away regardless of caloric intake ... as long as theres no fat or carbs before bed and u maintain a low saturated fat diet

plus dont do ANY cardio on lifting days and keep caloric intake super high!

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
reducing bodyfat + bulking is not hard to do.. here is the key...

monday - lift
tuesday - cardio
wednesday - different lift
thursday - cardio
friday - lift 3
saturday - cardio
sunday - cardio

lots of cardio and fat will melt away regardless of caloric intake ... as long as theres no fat or carbs before bed and u maintain a low saturated fat diet

plus dont do ANY cardio on lifting days and keep caloric intake super high!
Is cardio really that bad after lifting?

I keep reading cardio is anabolic.

gogo

gogo

Awards
  • Established
Is cardio really that bad after lifting?

I keep reading cardio is anabolic.
Nah man, nothing wrong with 15 -30 minutes of cardio after lifting. Some even do some cardio in the am and lift in the pm, its said to keep you eating like a horse all day! :pizza:
Cardio wont hinder your gains while your bulking, not getting in enough calories will though. So just make sure your getting in enough calories and you should have to worry about doing some cardio, it will only help keep some extra fat off you on a bulk.

bradhore

Awards
But wont x4 35g protein shakes make up a bit for eating through-out the day if you find it hard to eat alot?

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Is it 1.5 grams of protein per 1 lbs? or 1.5 per lean body mass?

Example: If you are 200 lbs at 10% body fat, wouldn't you need to eat 270 grams of protein?

This was something I never actually looked into. Please correct me if I'm wrong (or if my math is :trout: )

HL
1.5lbs per pound of bodyweight. 200lb bloke should get 300grams at least.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
But wont x4 35g protein shakes make up a bit for eating through-out the day if you find it hard to eat alot?
I did that for a while b/c I was having trouble eating enough, but I sucked it up and deal with feeling bloated all day. I think extra shakes are better than not eating at all, but whole foods will almost always have more benefits than supplements alone.

I would suggest to make your weight gainer type shake if you're having trouble eating enough calories. You can throw in all sorts of variations to make your shake a little more nutritious and packed full of calories: skim milk, oats, milled flax seed, natty peanut butter, fruits, egg whites/beaters, yogurt, honey etc...I've even seen guys add olive oil.

bradhore

Awards
so how many grams of carbs shoul i be intaking per day?

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
40/40/20 split between protein/carbs/fats. That's pretty standard i think.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know 40/40/20 is typically used as a starting point for lean bulking, which is what you said you are looking to do. I would start out by simply adding 200-300 calories over maintenance per day (using 40/40/20) and bump it up intermittently by the same amount until you start gain some unwanted mass (fat).

The reason I say that is because I bumped up my calories too much/too quickly on my last "lean bulk" and later realized that some of my new mass was fat. I have found that I lean bulk a little better with ratio a little lower in carbs. You'll just have to go through some trial and error to really figure out what ratio is best for you.