Inmates Whats There Secret? - AnabolicMinds.com

Inmates Whats There Secret?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member

Inmates Whats There Secret?

SO i have been watchin lockup on tv and they are let out of there cell for 1 hr a day and eat not nearly enogh food through out the day.. they take no suplements ..they do get enough sleep lol thats it though..they make gains it seams way faster than i ever could..so all this extra stuff i do isnt really nessasary?

2. Registered User

Havent you watched blood in blood out or prison break or oz?
    There juicing.
  3. Elite Member

Some definitely juice. I'm sure in most cases they get plenty of food. They could do all the juice they want, and if they don't eat they won't grow, period. That, and most of them are crazy mother****ers which helps in the weight room.
    •   

4. New Member

all they anger is mean they done got already a lot testosterone flowin in they veins an you know how it be doin. when they get more testosterones it be make them even more buffer and tuffer naw mean homey?
  5. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by DazzlinJack
    all they anger is mean they done got already a lot testosterone flowin in they veins an you know how it be doin. when they get more testosterones it be make them even more buffer and tuffer naw mean homey?
    NO.
  6. Elite Member

Plenty of free food.
    Free gym.
    Plenty of motivation to get big so they can protect themselves.
    Nothing but time.

Most inmates aren't locked in their cells for a good part of the day. In fact, even extremely violent felons who show good behavior inside will often be allowed to mingle with the general inmate population.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander
    Some definitely juice. I'm sure in most cases they get plenty of food. They could do all the juice they want, and if they don't eat they won't grow, period. That, and most of them are crazy mother****ers which helps in the weight room.
    I would think that if they are able to get some gear, I hardly think extra food would be a problem.
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Exactly what YR said is the reason. While the rest of us have to maintain a lifestyle outside of the gym and sleep these guys don't. And when survival comes into the picture and not just asthetics; that helps too.
  9. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by rugger48
    I would think that if they are able to get some gear, I hardly think extra food would be a problem.
    Absolutely.
  10. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jon1169
    SO i have been watchin lockup on tv and they are let out of there cell for 1 hr a day and eat not nearly enogh food through out the day.. they take no suplements ..they do get enough sleep lol thats it though..they make gains it seams way faster than i ever could..so all this extra stuff i do isnt really nessasary?
    They get food from the commissary. Their families put money into accounts they can spend on additional food.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    Plenty of free food.
    They eat lots of calories. Very few of them get the amount of protein we do.
  11. Advanced Member

Question

I've heard of some pretty off the wall training styles going on in some prisons too. But the guys seem to get results. Some of them claim to train the same bodyparts as many as 7days a wk!!! I've often wondered how they do it too. Nobody that I've known personaly has admitted to being able to get anabolic steroids in prison, or at least not admitted to using while in there. But who knows? I've known guys who to me seemed to have the most ghetto knowledge of training and eating ever. Eating raw eggs, allegedly training high volume high frequency AND high intensity. Some how making similar or better gains in a short period than I can with the availability of all the food, supps, rest, cutting edge training info, and best drugs I could ask for. What gives?
    Can the survival instinct really that powerful? So much that it defies every other law of muscle building in the book?
  12. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by UnicronSpawn
    I've heard of some pretty off the wall training styles going on in some prisons too. But the guys seem to get results. Some of them claim to train the same bodyparts as many as 7days a wk!!! I've often wondered how they do it too. Nobody that I've known personaly has admitted to being able to get anabolic steroids in prison, or at least not admitted to using while in there. But who knows? I've known guys who to me seemed to have the most ghetto knowledge of training and eating ever. Eating raw eggs, allegedly training high volume high frequency AND high intensity. Some how making similar or better gains in a short period than I can with the availability of all the food, supps, rest, cutting edge training info, and best drugs I could ask for. What gives?
    Can the survival instinct really that powerful? So much that it defies every other law of muscle building in the book?
    Good post. I'm thinking we might be over-rating inmates. I mean some are pretty impressive, but for the most part I think they're just bulky with decent strength. As far as the survival instinct, I don't think it is that powerful as far as bodybuilding/powerlifting goes. I think its much more important to be mentally strong to survive. If someone wants to kill you I don't think they care much if you're jacked, they'll just send a couple extra goons to shank you.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.

My take is that they don't get much physical activity outside of the yard...so their bodies adapt to the low-energy consumption lifestyle...throw in weights and juice...and BAM
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
  14. New Member

Prison Yard Workout

I spent 44 months in California prisons. There we have no access to weights or any sort of training facilities. There are no steroids in California Prisons either, because the demand and cash is greater for narcotics.

I trained with bodyweight only for over 3 years. When I got out I squatted 450 pounds cold and benched 335 for a triple. I can do pullups with 180 pounds added. I definitely have the genetics for strength, but what gets guys results in there is consistency and desire.

If you want size and strength with all your heart your body will change. Change in the body begins in the mind. For guys in prison, the desire to survive is the drive behind their training.

If you are curious about how we trained, I recently made a DVD and a manual/e-book of our prison training methods.

If you are curious to see what kind of results I got from 3+ years of bodyweight training check out my MySpace page:

myspace.com/daemonelement
    Last edited by yeahright; 01-14-2007 at 10:35 PM.
  15. New Member

I was in three of New Jerseys prisons. You eat very good and can buy off the commissary canned salmon, mackeral, tuna and they even use to have protien drinks. No more though. We get access to the yard twice a day for about 4 hours each. We lift eat and sleep and do our little job assigned to us. If you work in the kitchen you eat even better. I seen inmates smuggle fina pellets in thru there visits. Guards will bring in anything you want for a price. Also you gotta remember alot of inmates been doing time off and on since they were young teens. There joints and ligaments been stressed since a young age. They can move alot of weight.
  16. Elite Member

Thanks for the feedback from the former inmates, anymore former inmates care to chime in, this is pretty interesting to me.
  17. New Member

bump
  18. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

could also be due to their structured life where everything is scheduled the same time of day...the body just works more effieciently this way i think.
  19. Banned

NO.
    Neither do I ...
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    Plenty of free food.
    Free gym.
    Plenty of motivation to get big so they can protect themselves.
    Nothing but time.

Most inmates aren't locked in their cells for a good part of the day. In fact, even extremely violent felons who show good behavior inside will often be allowed to mingle with the general inmate population.
    That and they don't have 4 bosses breathing down their neck, bills to pay, families to deal with, and insane traffic to deal with.
  21. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    That and they don't have 4 bosses breathing down their neck, bills to pay, families to deal with, and insane traffic to deal with.
    i could add to this statement but i wont for fear of a cortisol spike just thinking about it. Cortisol nightmare
  22. Elite Member

Well, I have to imagine that being in prison is pretty stressful....so we can probably throw cortisol aside as an issue.
  23. New Member

Top thread.....

I read a book about a well known inmate who said that this particular jail he was in do not let their inmates get as big as they did when he was there. Im no rocket scientist, but if I were to run a jail, I wouldnt let inmates touch any weights....thats just asking for trouble. They could always just give them cardio epuipment for excercise.

I think that the whole "primal" trying to survive thing has a lot to do with how big they get. You dont train as hard as you do when youve got "Big Bruce" giving you death stares from accross the gym area. Ive been in a situation where I felt my life was threatened, and I have never made gains like that in my life. People thought I was on gear.
  24. New Member

when i was locked up in Los Angeles County Jail they dont let u workout for shiet....we would get smashed on by the guards if we were even doing push ups....we used to roll up our lil 2 inch mattress and tie it up with our bed sheets then curl it..other then that as far as Southern Cali goes...good luck trying to workout in County..dont know about upstate though..i heard they took all the weights out..i could be wrong though
  25. New Member

WOW!! didnt expect all that lol i guess there isnt just one answer on how they get that big, but it was all very interesting!!!
  26. New Member

WOW!! didnt expect all that lol i guess there isnt just one answer on how they get that big, but it was all very interesting!!!
    There have been studies on inmates, behavior and possible physiological reasons for certain trends in adverse behavior. These studies showed that a large percentage of incarcerated persons showed high levels of free testosterone in blood tests. It seems that people who are prone to risky behavior tend to have higher levels of testosterone and subsequently higher levels of estrogen due to aromatization. Estrogen has a high affinity in the nervous system and can influence behavior.

Unfortunately these people are getting scooped up by the cops and not by Olympic coaches. I believe if greater importance was put on physical education from the moment a child enters school, this might lead to a more balanced individual.

Exercise is vital in human development. Movement aids in the development of our sense organs. Studies are showing that children's sight and hearing is worsening. This is theorized to occur from a lack of physical movement during adolescence, attributed to video games, TV and computers.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by milo23
    There have been studies on inmates, behavior and possible physiological reasons for certain trends in adverse behavior. These studies showed that a large percentage of incarcerated persons showed high levels of free testosterone in blood tests. It seems that people who are prone to risky behavior tend to have higher levels of testosterone and subsequently higher levels of estrogen due to aromatization. Estrogen has a high affinity in the nervous system and can influence behavior.

Unfortunately these people are getting scooped up by the cops and not by Olympic coaches. I believe if greater importance was put on physical education from the moment a child enters school, this might lead to a more balanced individual.

Exercise is vital in human development. Movement aids in the development of our sense organs. Studies are showing that children's sight and hearing is worsening. This is theorized to occur from a lack of physical movement during adolescence, attributed to video games, TV and computers.
    I agree about the direct realtion of the incarcerated ad test levels. This opens many physical doors interms of gaining weight in less than ideal circumstances.

Other things to consider lack of temptation of alcohol and drugs, consistency (the most important IMO), adequate rest, motivation.
  28. Senior Member

Maybe it's a matter of perception and criminal specialities related to bodytype.

You see the Endomorphic and Mesomorphic guys on camera, those who get big easily, while the Ectomorphic prags are doing their laundry or are more cerebal and gravitate to less often convicted white collar crimes.

I'm half joking here.

Different state have different policies on weightlifting, Georgia, for one, it's not allowed. Most prisons serve too many carbs and not enough protein, but prisoners can supplement their diets from the commissary.

Even in states without weightrooms and the typically set crap diet, an Endo/Meso can get big with bodywork or improvised equipment.
  29. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by DazzlinJack

damn that was hard to read
  30. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by mpkonig
    damn that was hard to read
    still not sure how you did manage to read that, lol
  31. Registered User

You need to read it in the tone of a PCP addict.
  32. Advanced Member

It is easier to get gear on the inside than it is on the outside. Inmates have limited access to how many diff. types of food they can eat. However they can eat very healthy while locked up. Allot of them look ripped due to they exercise all day
  33. Elite Member

I'm wondering if a good portion of it has to do with simplicity. Do most of us overcomplicate weightlifting?
  34. Registered User

I'm wondering if a good portion of it has to do with simplicity. Do most of us overcomplicate weightlifting?
    Not at all, look at all the supps wich can help us and Hypertrophy Specific Training.

It might also be due to criminals being big in the 1st place.
    I used to work(legit job ) with an ex stand over man, who did time, and apparently when he was at his biggest wich was before jail, he could bend stop signs.

Also my mate was doing work at one of the worst jails in Australia recently and I asked him if heaps of the guys were big and he said no.
    Last edited by ItsHectic; 01-21-2007 at 03:46 PM.
  35. board observer

I absolutely agree. We like to discuss the little things because they're interesting. Supps can help and they are fun and some are good for long term health, but they don't amount to **** compared to food & sleep. Sure our training on average is better than an inmates, but they're still adding weight to the bar. Consistent food + consistent heavy lifting = growth.

Plus, they're probably not as concerned with a little fat gain as most of us are.
  36. New Member

I've always wondered about this before. Glad I finally got to read some answers to it. I do have to say that most of it probably does come from the attitude of "train like your life depends on it."
  37. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I agree with grear probably beeing easier to get inside than out. 3 prison gaurds work out at my gym.....now i dont know 100% but its somewhat obvious they are on somthing other than a multi-vitamin. I talk to 2 of the 3 on a regular basis and the lifestyle they live and that they have I dont think they could have on a gaurds salary. So makeing a quick buck from selling some gear to inmates isn't really outta this world. I also could be completely off here but im just throwing it out there.

Money talks............
  38. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water
    I agree with grear probably beeing easier to get inside than out. 3 prison gaurds work out at my gym.....now i dont know 100% but its somewhat obvious they are on somthing other than a multi-vitamin. I talk to 2 of the 3 on a regular basis and the lifestyle they live and that they have I dont think they could have on a gaurds salary. So makeing a quick buck from selling some gear to inmates isn't really outta this world. I also could be completely off here but im just throwing it out there.

Money talks............

One thing the guards are paid very well. They make about $65,000 without overtime a year after about 5 years. Plus clothing allowance a grand a year and the best benefits. After 20 years you can retire with half your pay. They all put in much overtime. They bring home over a hundred grand a year with all the overtime. Regardless they go after the easy money anyway. The gang members and drug dealers have alot of money. They'll pay whatever it takes to get with they want. Cellular phones is very big inside. The salary I quoted is New York by the way.
  39. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  219 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Moyer
    Plus, they're probably not as concerned with a little fat gain as most of us are.

I think that is a good and overlooked point.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by angelo212
    One thing the guards are paid very well. They make about $65,000 without overtime a year after about 5 years. Plus clothing allowance a grand a year and the best benefits. After 20 years you can retire with half your pay. They all put in much overtime. They bring home over a hundred grand a year with all the overtime. Regardless they go after the easy money anyway. The gang members and drug dealers have alot of money. They'll pay whatever it takes to get with they want. Cellular phones is very big inside. The salary I quoted is New York by the way.
    Even in juvenile hall you can make good dough. My cousin cleared 100K working 55 hours a week and he's been there 3 years.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Whats your secret weapon?
    By AaronJP1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-27-2012, 06:35 AM
  2. Someone who knows what there doing please help this rookie!!
    By AdamSweeting in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2009, 07:23 PM
  3. Ever wonder what glands secrete what hormones?
    By LakeMountD in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-08-2008, 06:51 AM
  4. What is the best NO ( Nitric Oxide Booster) out there???
    By WonderBread in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-10-2004, 01:37 PM