Eplanation in weight lifting

  1. New Member
    santiago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    99
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    35.5%

    Eplanation in weight lifting


    Can anyone please tell me what this means
    "Barbell curl 12, 10,8,6 reps" example (12 reps at 75lbs, 10 reps at 90lbs, 8 reps at 100lbs and 6 reps at 110lbs)
    Does this mean that the less reps that is performed the more the weights being lifted? Or does it mean to maintain the same weight as one is regresses in reps? I know it sounds dumb but I have looked all over here and I see it used a lot but no explanation. My arms are at 15" and I would like to get my arms 18". I would like to gain some lean muscle in my arms.

    Thank you in advance guys.

  2. New Member
    Irish_Rogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    318
    Rep Power
    264
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    75.19%

    From your example I would say:
    12 reps @ 75 dropping the reps as you add more weight

    or do a warm up, slap on the heavy first and drop set it down. Ex:
    After warmup, 110 for 6-8, drop 10% of the weight and with little to no rest do another set of 6-8, drop more weight and continue down.

    At 15" I would do more push ups, dips and pull ups then to directly work your arms. They will get mass from these and your shoulder, chest and back workout.
  3. New Member
    Irish_Rogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    318
    Rep Power
    264
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    75.19%

    Quote Originally Posted by joseph zachek
    can i skip a day not eat fast just drink coffee would that hurt me?
    I see you have been popping up in a few areas now.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Mach .78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Rep Power
    732
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    58.28%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    You noticed that too?

    Joseph, How does does your question pertain to what Santiago is asking?
  5. New Member
    Irish_Rogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    318
    Rep Power
    264
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    75.19%

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach .78
    You noticed that too?

    Joseph, How does does your question pertain to what Santiago is asking?

    All his replies are that way. Look at his reply in FLA :accepting new clients" to BoBo and a few others too.
  6. Registered User
    Mach .78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Rep Power
    732
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    58.28%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    All his replies are that way. Look at his reply in FLA :accepting new clients" to BoBo and a few others too.


    I just read the one in the Turkesterone thread. From another country maybe? Santiago, where are you from?
  7. New Member
    Irish_Rogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    318
    Rep Power
    264
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    75.19%

    Quote Originally Posted by joseph zachek
    my answer has alot to do other dieters we all talk and learn yes i might stay if sight dont change address
    I know you are trying to draw someone in, if your answer was to help the blokes question, please enlighten me mate.
  8. Registered User
    Ziricote's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,430
    Rep Power
    1390
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    38.3%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by joseph zachek
    my answer has alot to do other dieters we all talk and learn yes i might stay if sight dont change address
    But it is not relevant to the topic. PS-Improve your english please.
  9. New Member
    Irish_Rogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    318
    Rep Power
    264
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    75.19%

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziricote
    But it is not relevant to the topic. PS-Improve your english please.
    The way he types in one thread and not in another tells me he is a Ponce Troll. He has used some American slang so I doubt he actually writes like he is currently.
  10. Registered User
    Mach .78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Rep Power
    732
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    58.28%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Well....It looks like ray ray sausage is back.

    If he know slang he know how make complete sentence.
  11. Registered User
    Ziricote's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,430
    Rep Power
    1390
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    38.3%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Rogue
    The way he types in one thread and not in another tells me he is a Ponce Troll. He has used some American slang so I doubt he actually writes like he is currently.
    Yep, seems like it.
  12. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,483
    Rep Power
    1057411
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    58.04%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by joseph zachek
    all i know is supplement are a crock
    Okay... I have read ENOUGH of your useless drivel. because you dont know how to utilize a compound, and enahance an already firm base, does not give you any inkling of a right to come in here, and spew such nonsense. God I HOPE no one takes anything you say very seriously... IE: Don't Eat Turkey. WTF are you talking about?

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  13. New Member
    Irish_Rogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    318
    Rep Power
    264
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    75.19%

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982
    Okay... I have read ENOUGH of your useless drivel. because you dont know how to utilize a compound, and enahance an already firm base, does not give you any inkling of a right to come in here, and spew such nonsense. God I HOPE no one takes anything you say very seriously... IE: Don't Eat Turkey. WTF are you talking about?

    Adams

    He is trying to wind us up, I am not going to help his online bravado any longer.
  14. Registered User
    Mach .78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Rep Power
    732
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    58.28%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Simmer down D, he's playing games. Don't give him anything. What...we...got...here...is failure to communicate.
  15. New Member
    santiago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    99
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    35.5%

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach .78
    All his replies are that way. Look at his reply in FLA :accepting new clients" to BoBo and a few others too.


    I just read the one in the Turkesterone thread. From another country maybe? Santiago, where are you from?
    Im from the Islands.
  16. New Member
    santiago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    99
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    35.5%

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Rogue
    From your example I would say:
    12 reps @ 75 dropping the reps as you add more weight

    or do a warm up, slap on the heavy first and drop set it down. Ex:
    After warmup, 110 for 6-8, drop 10% of the weight and with little to no rest do another set of 6-8, drop more weight and continue down.

    At 15" I would do more push ups, dips and pull ups then to directly work your arms. They will get mass from these and your shoulder, chest and back workout.
    Thanks for the response
    I already do pushups so thats out of the question. So you gave me two examples as to what "Barbell curl 12, 10,8,6 reps" example (12 reps at 75lbs, 10 reps at 90lbs, 8 reps at 100lbs and 6 reps at 110lbs)" means. In you folks opinion which example would help me build mass in chest, arms etc. Would it be to add more weight as I regress in reps or to drop the weight as I regress in reps with little or no rest?
  17. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,483
    Rep Power
    1057411
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    58.04%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by santiago
    Thanks for the response
    I already do pushups so thats out of the question. So you gave me two examples as to what "Barbell curl 12, 10,8,6 reps" example (12 reps at 75lbs, 10 reps at 90lbs, 8 reps at 100lbs and 6 reps at 110lbs)" means. In you folks opinion which example would help me build mass in chest, arms etc. Would it be to add more weight as I regress in reps or to drop the weight as I regress in reps with little or no rest?
    Me I like a 5x5x5 routine. 5 Reps, 5 Sets, 5 Exercises. But that is me... it puts mass on me really fast, and I see my numbers shoot up quickly. Rest is anywhere from 1 - 1.5 minutes.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Marathon Training and weight lifting?
    By IntensePump in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-21-2011, 05:16 PM
  2. Weight Lifting in the COLD
    By chainsaw in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-11-2006, 06:38 PM
  3. Iron Master Self-Spotting Weight Lifting System
    By cavemandave in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-17-2003, 04:29 PM
  4. Lying about weights lifted
    By size in forum General Chat
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-10-2003, 08:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in