Eplanation in weight lifting

S

santiago

Awards
Can anyone please tell me what this means
"Barbell curl 12, 10,8,6 reps" example (12 reps at 75lbs, 10 reps at 90lbs, 8 reps at 100lbs and 6 reps at 110lbs)
Does this mean that the less reps that is performed the more the weights being lifted? Or does it mean to maintain the same weight as one is regresses in reps? I know it sounds dumb but I have looked all over here and I see it used a lot but no explanation. My arms are at 15" and I would like to get my arms 18". I would like to gain some lean muscle in my arms.

Thank you in advance guys.

I

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
From your example I would say:
12 reps @ 75 dropping the reps as you add more weight

or do a warm up, slap on the heavy first and drop set it down. Ex:
After warmup, 110 for 6-8, drop 10% of the weight and with little to no rest do another set of 6-8, drop more weight and continue down.

At 15" I would do more push ups, dips and pull ups then to directly work your arms. They will get mass from these and your shoulder, chest and back workout.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
You noticed that too?

Joseph, How does does your question pertain to what Santiago is asking?

I

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
You noticed that too?

Joseph, How does does your question pertain to what Santiago is asking?

All his replies are that way. Look at his reply in FLA :accepting new clients" to BoBo and a few others too.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
All his replies are that way. Look at his reply in FLA :accepting new clients" to BoBo and a few others too.

I just read the one in the Turkesterone thread. From another country maybe? Santiago, where are you from?

I

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
my answer has alot to do other dieters we all talk and learn yes i might stay if sight dont change address
I know you are trying to draw someone in, if your answer was to help the blokes question, please enlighten me mate.

I

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
But it is not relevant to the topic. PS-Improve your english please.
The way he types in one thread and not in another tells me he is a Ponce Troll. He has used some American slang so I doubt he actually writes like he is currently.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Well....It looks like ray ray sausage is back.

If he know slang he know how make complete sentence.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
The way he types in one thread and not in another tells me he is a Ponce Troll. He has used some American slang so I doubt he actually writes like he is currently.
Yep, seems like it.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
all i know is supplement are a crock
Okay... I have read ENOUGH of your useless drivel. because you dont know how to utilize a compound, and enahance an already firm base, does not give you any inkling of a right to come in here, and spew such nonsense. God I HOPE no one takes anything you say very seriously... IE: Don't Eat Turkey. WTF are you talking about?

Adams

I

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
Okay... I have read ENOUGH of your useless drivel. because you dont know how to utilize a compound, and enahance an already firm base, does not give you any inkling of a right to come in here, and spew such nonsense. God I HOPE no one takes anything you say very seriously... IE: Don't Eat Turkey. WTF are you talking about?

Adams

He is trying to wind us up, I am not going to help his online bravado any longer.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Simmer down D, he's playing games. Don't give him anything. What...we...got...here...is failure to communicate.

S

santiago

Awards

I just read the one in the Turkesterone thread. From another country maybe? Santiago, where are you from?
Im from the Islands.

S

santiago

Awards
From your example I would say:
12 reps @ 75 dropping the reps as you add more weight

or do a warm up, slap on the heavy first and drop set it down. Ex:
After warmup, 110 for 6-8, drop 10% of the weight and with little to no rest do another set of 6-8, drop more weight and continue down.

At 15" I would do more push ups, dips and pull ups then to directly work your arms. They will get mass from these and your shoulder, chest and back workout.
Thanks for the response
I already do pushups so thats out of the question. So you gave me two examples as to what "Barbell curl 12, 10,8,6 reps" example (12 reps at 75lbs, 10 reps at 90lbs, 8 reps at 100lbs and 6 reps at 110lbs)" means. In you folks opinion which example would help me build mass in chest, arms etc. Would it be to add more weight as I regress in reps or to drop the weight as I regress in reps with little or no rest?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the response
I already do pushups so thats out of the question. So you gave me two examples as to what "Barbell curl 12, 10,8,6 reps" example (12 reps at 75lbs, 10 reps at 90lbs, 8 reps at 100lbs and 6 reps at 110lbs)" means. In you folks opinion which example would help me build mass in chest, arms etc. Would it be to add more weight as I regress in reps or to drop the weight as I regress in reps with little or no rest?
Me I like a 5x5x5 routine. 5 Reps, 5 Sets, 5 Exercises. But that is me... it puts mass on me really fast, and I see my numbers shoot up quickly. Rest is anywhere from 1 - 1.5 minutes.

Adams