Esterified Creatine or Regular Creatine?

Fun2Train

Awards
Iv always used just regular old Creatine and iv been happy with the results but Iv heard lately how the new Esterified Creatine Malate is suppose to be better and you dont have to load up on it, anyone have any opinions or suggestions on this? I would greatly appreciate any info or tips.

livebono

livebono

Awards
esterified has advantages, you dont have to take as much, no loading, and it won't bloat you. But if you are looking for good old fashioned gains, monohydrate is still better, in spite of the side effects. and monohydrate is cheaper, too

wimpy

Awards
i didn't get the nice pump and muscle fullness from esterfied. i like the effect of regular better, but it tears my stomach up for the first week or so.

livebono

livebono

Awards
i didn't get the nice pump and muscle fullness from esterfied. i like the effect of regular better, but it tears my stomach up for the first week or so.
I would agree about that, and if you can deal with the stomach problems monohydrate can cause, I still think it's better. It's cheaper, too. I just see too many guys who either take too much monohydrate or stay on it too long and end up looking puffy

mbunnell

mbunnell

Awards
I would stay away from monohydrate. It is better for strength but you will def. look more puffy and soft than if you were on esterfied.

doodle

doodle

Awards
Creatine Ethyl Ester all the way. The pictures form when i was on mono and later when i was on cee are night and day. sure i was heavier on mono, but the weight was soft and watery, and my muscle looked puffy or even fat. hope this helps.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Once you find the real science behind all these estered products, it'll change your attitude.. I just use patented Kre-Alkalyn, even better than CEE in my case..

mbunnell

mbunnell

Awards
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
What if it aint broke but you want an upgrade? Most people want a lean and ripped physique, not just to be able to say I bench alot. Monohydrate wont get you lean but you will be strong. Decide want your goals are than decide.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What if it aint broke but you want an upgrade? Most people want a lean and ripped physique, not just to be able to say I bench alot. Monohydrate wont get you lean but you will be strong. Decide want your goals are than decide.
Then you run the risk of getting something less effective. No need to rebuttle, it's quite obvious what your rebuttlement will be. Now let's stop this ideological arguement since no one is going to win.

BTW, I get pretty damn ripped off mono.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pending caloric shortage it is possible.. Still, many have a skewed idea of what "ripped" really means.. ;)
I agree buddy. Not only what it really means, but what it really takes to get there.

mbunnell

mbunnell

Awards
Then you run the risk of getting something less effective. No need to rebuttle, it's quite obvious what your rebuttlement will be. Now let's stop this ideological arguement since no one is going to win.

Well I get way better results off ethyl ester and this site is based off experiences and personal opinions and this is mine. So you and your shadow partner have fun with you mono.

P.S
All the retailers out there working hard to develop new and improved prodcts, dont waste your time b/c the sinner:twisted: is satisfied

doodle

doodle

Awards

hey sinner:twisted:, just wondering if i could see a pic of that "pretty damn ripped physique", because like bigpete said people ideas of "ripped" are skewed, and i wanted to see how skewed yours is.:duel:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I get way better results off ethyl ester and this site is based off experiences and personal opinions and this is mine.
And there's nothing wrong with having an opinion, but there is something wrong with trying to flame me for having a differing opinion.

hey sinner, just wondering if i could see a pic of that "pretty damn ripped physique", because like bigpete said people ideas of "ripped" are skewed, and i wanted to see how skewed yours is
I figured I'd get called out soon enough. See the attached.

Attachments

doodle

doodle

Awards
theres no flamage going on. you started it nanananabooboo:rasp:

just making sure i wasnt taking advice from unacredited strangers.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
theres no flamage going on. you started it nanananabooboo:rasp:

just making sure i wasnt taking advice from unacredited strangers.
Hey hey hey, it's totally fine to take advice from unaccredited strangers............ provided it's good advice.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Sinner is right.

ALWAYS start with monohydrate. If it works - then great. Try the CEE if you want - or stay with the cheaper mono.
Mono doesn't bloat everyone, either. I didn't bloat on it.

If you don't see anything from mono - then move to an esterified/higher end version of creatine.

Ain't no need to be all yellin' up in herrrre about esterified vs. monohydrate. Can't we all just get along?

doodle

doodle

Awards
Sinner is right.

ALWAYS start with monohydrate. If it works - then great. Try the CEE if you want - or stay with the cheaper mono.
Mono doesn't bloat everyone, either. I didn't bloat on it.

If you don't see anything from mono - then move to an esterified/higher end version of creatine.

Ain't no need to be all yellin' up in herrrre about esterified vs. monohydrate. Can't we all just get along?
only on tuesdays

mbunnell

mbunnell

Awards
Iv always used just regular old Creatine and iv been happy with the results but Iv heard lately how the new Esterified Creatine Malate is suppose to be better and you dont have to load up on it, anyone have any opinions or suggestions on this? I would greatly appreciate any info or tips.
He is passed the entry stage, not just starting out. He asked for advice on esterfied which we both granted him and THATS ALL FOLKS!!!!

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
I take both... I take esterfied pre-workout and mono postworkout in a shake with a carb post-workout...

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone care to post some science/research behind the proven effectiveness of attaching ethyl esters??

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is this, the 3rd thread we've addressed this "Creatine Monohydrate is the only form PROVEN effective" issue? Great minds must think alike. :)

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is this, the 3rd thread we've addressed this "Creatine Monohydrate is the only form PROVEN effective" issue?
Yes..it's discouraging, but I do admit we make a pretty good team :duel: :thumbsup:

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Anyone care to post some science/research behind the proven effectiveness of attaching ethyl esters??
Considering the science behind making creatine monohydrate itself, I doubt anyone could answer this one.. ;)

I would like to know why anyone would think that the "ester" actually attaches when you have to, nevermind I'll wait to see if anyone can answer your question 'cause it's a good one..

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Considering the science behind making creatine monohydrate itself, I doubt anyone could answer this one.. ;)

I would like to know why anyone would think that the "ester" actually attaches when you have to, nevermind I'll wait to see if anyone can answer your question 'cause it's a good one..
I have a feeling we'll be waiting a while for this one :yawn:

To those who advocate the use of CEE: I have noticed that most of you dose around 5g. Well doesn't that completely contradict all of these claims that you need to use smaller doses?

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established

Doesn't an ester *envelope* a molecule rather than attach to it?

Just a guess.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Just a guess.
In this situation the ester is actually attached to the creatine monohydrate, but I am uncertain if this is always the case when dealing with esters.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Just a guess.
In CEE's case is it should just attach, but if you understand the reaction process it goes thru, it doesn't happen.. I've used CEE and liked it, but reading deeper and talking to formulators (since I plan to also have a product line) it's a flawed technology..

It works, but what's the long-term?

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In CEE's case is it should just attach, but if you understand the reaction process it goes thru, it doesn't happen.. I've used CEE and liked it, but reading deeper and talking to formulators (since I plan to also have a product line) it's a flawed technology..

It works, but what's the long-term?
Amen.