realgains? alternatives?

qozon

Awards
Hey guys, I used a full bucket of realgains and gained about 7 lb and am pretty happy. However, after reading around on this forum, I find that it has a large quantity of maltodextrin and this isnt good? Any alternatives that dont have so much sugar? I guess if it some down to it, I can make my own, but i REALLY dont wanna cos of laziness/time.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just make your own; it takes seconds to amek and is much, much cheaper than premade gainers. Plus you can change flavors whenever you want and experiment when you get tired of a certain taste/texture.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Core Nutritionals CORE MRP is heavily relied upon during bulking season. Everyone tells you to eat your oats bro(s), and here you have it. Similar to Prolab's Lean Mass Complex (but less commercially processed IMO), Core MRP contains carbs from oats, barley, and Fiber as well as a protein blend consisting of whey protein concentrate, calcium caseinate, egg albumen, sodium caseinate, whey protein isolate, and l-glutamine. I'll be honest, my diet isn't what it should be. Often than not I'm either too busy to cook, or just plain lazy. Considering my grocery shopping list usually resembles more of supplement order, Core MRP has been clutch when trying to pack on tha pounds. Rather than trying to make a homemade weight gainer like some, I see tha value in a convenient comprehensive meal with vitamins and minerals to boot. Throw all your other weight gainers away, truly this is all you need. One serving contains 370 calories... add 3 fish oil, 400. Melt a little natty PB in tha microwave for a few seconds and or add some milk and we're talking 700 calories in a meal that is very low GI, healthy and user friendly. Eating oatmeal takes time, so why not drink it, lol... at least that's how I think. ;) Tha natural source of fiber will do you well at 9 grams per serving allow nutrients to be easier absorbed. Whether one realizes it or not, a blocked up colon slows down tha recovery process. Tha more you keep things moving, tha more I have found recovery turn around times increase. Eventhough Core MRP is only currently available in chocolate, I believe it's versatility, quality, and price is Core's strong suit. Those on who cut while still eating their fair share of carbs may find new labeling helpful as it gives macros for using 2 scoops instead of 3. All in all, since this product can easily be had for ~$24 or cheaper (15 servings), I personally find it hard to pass up.

qozon

Awards
Anyone else hae experience with Core Nutritionals CORE MRP?

If i do decide to make my own, what should i put in it? I mean, i kno its gotta have some whey protein, but what company do i buy that from? GNC? Everything I buy needs to be available at the local GNC or grocery store...

EDIT: also, why is maltodextrin bad for you??

jvb20

Awards
well i put 2 scoops whey a pack of otmeal 4 raw eggs and a bunch of penutbutter its taste good to

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

If i do decide to make my own, what should i put in it? I mean, i kno its gotta have some whey protein, but what company do i buy that from? GNC? Everything I buy needs to be available at the local GNC or grocery store...

Maltodextrin is a high GI carb which will lead to fat gain. For a homemade gainer, all you need is protein powder, oats, eggs, PB, and milk. You don't have to use all of them at the same time, but these will make up the bulk of your MRP's

-bman-

Awards
i got a recipe from somewhere on here which im addicted to now, two scoops of ON whey (chocolate) half banana, tablespoon of peanut butter, and i ground up one scoop of quaker oats in the magic bullet untill it turns into powder and put a scoop of that in there .mmmmmmm deliscioso

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Looks ok. WPC? 370 caloires is not a lot. My shakle is not a weight gainer and I have close to 300 calories from it. Look for ast sports has one that looks decent but again you can make your own weight gainers.