What do you guys mix with cottage cheese?

Fun2Train

Awards
Im not big on cottage cheese and although I can gag it down I was wondering if anyone had any good recipe's for those late night snacks right before bedtime that will make eating some cottage cheese better and hopefully easier?? :)

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Splenda, cinnamon and some vanilla extract. Sinfully good.

AuggieDawgie

Awards
I use sugar free fat free syrup. Raspberry is good. Just up to your taste.

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
I make it taste REALLY good. I take a 16 oz. container and add 2 tbsp. of pure cocoa powder and 2-3 tbsb. of splenda, to taste, and stir it up. Tastes almost exactly like chocolate milk...not at all like cottage cheese. Try it out.

protomike

protomike

Awards
  • Established
i add a scoop of choc evo pro into a cup of non fat cottage cheese... soooo good for a late night meal.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like to get some good crackers and scoop up the cottage cheese with them.

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
vanilla flavored yogurt that come sin the big tubs ... i hate cottage cheese and its te only way i can do it

GO_OUTSIDE!

GO_OUTSIDE!

Awards
All natural organic sugar free maple syrup.
Thats a joke right?
Maple syrup is the watery sap of the sugar maple boiled down until it is a specific viscosity and sugar content. Essentially, it is flavored sugar.

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
Thats a joke right?
Maple syrup is the watery sap of the sugar maple boiled down until it is a specific viscosity and sugar content. Essentially, it is flavored sugar.
That might be beneficial as a post workout meal, like 40 mins after a PWO shake. Sugars do have their place.

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
I put it in an omelette w/some cheddar and salsa.

Also 50/50 ricotta/cc w/vanilla extract, cinnamon and splenda is nice. :)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I completely forgot about the omelette route (minus the cheddar). I love it like it that...and don't forget the occassional splash of hot sauce when you can accomodate the sodium.

GO_OUTSIDE!

GO_OUTSIDE!

Awards
That might be beneficial as a post workout meal, like 40 mins after a PWO shake. Sugars do have their place.
I was referring to the "sugar free" part of his organic all natural maple syrup. I hope I didnt sound like a d1ck.
Now you have me curious what the sugar breakdown is, I love maple syrup I cant believe I needed someone else to give me an excuse to eat it. My dumb ass has been using brown sugar in my PWO.
I still wouldnt want to eat it right before bed though.

disclaimer: one week ago I didnt know what a PWO was. I'm new, put I'm learning fast.

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I def wouldn't do a simple sugar before bed, but PWO, you get a pass.

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
Guess I am weird, cause I like cottage cheese. So I grab a 4oz container of low fat cottage cheese and eat it with a 4oz of tuna. That gives me 40gms of protein and just 100 calories to last me till breakfast the next day.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
beer,and.......ummmmm,more beer..

Fun2Train

Awards
Guess I am weird, cause I like cottage cheese. So I grab a 4oz container of low fat cottage cheese and eat it with a 4oz of tuna. That gives me 40gms of protein and just 100 calories to last me till breakfast the next day.
HMm, I might could do that with tuna because I love tuna. Does tuna digest slowly enough to last through the night?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established

40 grams of protein alone is 160 cals.
My calculations for 4oz CC and 4oz tuna:
Total: 220
Fat: 1 12
Sat: 1 5
Poly: 0 4
Mono: 0 3
Carbs: 2 8
Fiber: 0 0
Protein: 47 188
Alcohol: 0 0

Cody3308

Awards
CC + ATW Cinnamon Bun Whey + Peanut Butter...best cottage cheese ever.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Sugar Free orange jello powder.

You can actually add cc into jello when it's starting to set up, but it's much easier to just stir the powder into it.

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
I completely forgot about the omelette route (minus the cheddar). I love it like it that...and don't forget the occassional splash of hot sauce when you can accomodate the sodium.
Hot sauce is a necessity and goes without saying. ;)

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
I like sugar free strawberry yogurt with mine. I was just thinking banannas would taste pretty good in that too.

GO_OUTSIDE!

GO_OUTSIDE!

Awards
I mixed it with plain yogurt and a sccop of ON whey.
I may as well have shoved a spoonfull of bulk cycle support into my mouth. Boy that was hard to eat.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
pretty much any fruit goes well with cottage cheese. peanut butter is especially good :food:

i like to cut an apple into tiny pieces and add cinnamon and stevia to a bowl of cottage cheese. good stuff.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Low sugar jelly/jam is pretty good too if you find a flavor/brand you really like.

I've also heard that whipped cottage cheese is much better than the regular curds, but I've never seen it in stores.

I've got a magic bullet blender coming for christmas, hopefully i'll be able to do some fun stuff w/ it and cc, cause it's been getting old and I was about to switch to lunch meat for my bedtime snack.

Fun2Train

Awards
thanks everyone for you help and suggetions, very much appreciated.

nvr2loud

nvr2loud

Awards
  • Established
I like to add some homemade granola and some sliced apples. I would eat this in the earlier part of the day though not before bed.

Jsouth

Jsouth

Awards
Cottage Cheese + Sunflower Seeds + Flax Seeds + Tuna = A hell of pre bed meal

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
The Bullet rocks, but I didn't see a recipe for whipped cc. Never heard of the product at all, but seems like it could be cool.

f18jock

f18jock

Awards
My fav is fresh pineapple. May be a bit sugary, but you dont need much at all to really give the cc a great flavor. When i need a sugar fix, pineapple is my go to fruit.

HellTownPlaya

Awards
dude i buy cottage cheese w/ pineapple .... its f*cking bomb

Cardinal

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am not a big fan of cottage cheese and fruit.

For bulking, I prefer cottage cheese + almond, cashew or peanut butter. Alternatively, I would go with cottage cheese + regular almonds, cashews or mixed nuts. Way good.

For dieting purposes I get casein powder, mix with libby's pumpkin (almost as much casein as pumpkin), and top with splenda. That tends to make it more satiating. The same concoction would probably make me wretch bulking.

BigPete16900

Awards
I make a cottage cheese strawberry cake batter right before bed..

Milk 8oz
Cottage Cheese 1-1.5 cps
4-6 strawberry's
2 scoops of whey (vanilla)
1/2 cp of oats
splenda and ice to taste

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
"I eat my cottage cheese for breakfast. With Salt and Pepper.......*****!"

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
i like to mix tuna into mine. another thing i like to do with it is make a tuna, egg, or chicken salad. i drian the cottage cheese in a strainer then put in food processor and puree it. i chop the meat, fine chop onions, carros, celery, and gershin pickles. then i use the puree (as oppsoed to mayonaise) to mix it all up. this can tend to be a little dry - just add some olive oil.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
What not to do...

1/2c cottage cheese (fat free)
1/2c egg whites
1c milk (fat free)
1scp whey (~22g chocolate)
1tbs Ovaltine (for taste)
... blend

It tasted like complete butt. I got it down, but it wasn't pretty. I don't know what I was thinking.

If you aren't too worried about sugar, I like pineapple slices in cottage cheese.

I'm going to have to try some of these other combos. I like cottage cheese straight, so I've never gotten too much into flavoring it.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Grapes.

The only way I've found so far that I can eat the ****.

diminuendo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If you want to go the savory route, chopped green onions, lots of pepper, a dash of salt. Use a toasted low-carb tortilla as a cracker. It 'aint a whopper, but it is pretty tasty when you are dieting.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
For me, it's usually a sweetener, Mandarin Oranges and some cinnamon. I wouldn't dare mix tuna in, I love my tuna with FF Mayo, onions, celery and pepper (on a thin slice of bread in the toaster over.... heavenly lol)

jjb81speed

jjb81speed

Awards
i love pineapple with it. any fruits....nectarine,tangerine,peach, apple,.....etc...

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's pretty good with cereal. If your diet lets you have those extra carbs, CC and Cheerios pretty much tastes like a bowl of cheerios /w milk.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
It's pretty good with cereal. If your diet lets you have those extra carbs, CC and Cheerios pretty much tastes like a bowl of cheerios /w milk.
[curses as he sets his empty cereal bowl down]

Why couldn't I have read this 5min ago? Guess I'll have to try it tomorrow.