so i decided not to take steroids...

xtatic

Awards
im 5'10'' 156lbs.

ive been working out for a little over 2 years (taking maybe a week off every couple months or so) i saterted hitting it hard again almost 3 months ago after taking a month off. i was weighing around 150 then. im eating like crazy (super clean)

my problems is ive never been able to break past 156 standard weight (eating a full meal then weighing myself doesn count). and i seem to not be able to break through the same pleatous (sp) im in right now.

i was planning on taking promagnon but decided against it.

my question is what can i do to gain size?!?!?

my workouts were 3 excersizes per muscle 3 sets 8 reps. i was like that since i began to hit it hard again. Dec 1 i changed to 3 excersizes per muscle, 3 sets, 15-10-5 reps. and am planning to change again on jan 1 to 3 excersizes per muscle, 3 sets, 4-6 reps.

like i said im eating a lot of clean foods.

what can i switch with my eating habits, workout, or even supplements? i was thinking of taking the NHA stack (i was going to take it as part of my PCT) but maybe just by itself?

im open to ideas.

ill try to post up pics and my max's on several excersizes tomorrow

xtatic

Awards
Post your diet.
wake up, breakfast is :
-4 egg whites, 1 whole egg (sometimes more)
-2 slices whole wheat or whole grain bread
-2 cups oj
-1 cup 1% milk
-3 slices turkey bacon (half the time)
-1 banana

snacks
-4 cups honey nut cherrios with 4 cups of 1% milk.
-serving of unsalted peanuts or almonds with a glass of milk
-turkey, chicken, or roast beef slices (4) with fruits and milk
-non fat yogurt danon
-etc.

Lunch and dinner
-2 hamburgers (about 3/4 to 1 lbs.) made from lean ground beef
-2 steaks (14oz avg)
-~25oz of boneless skinless chicken breast
-brown rice
-yogurt
-2 cups juice (apple, berry, oj, fruit juices)
-2 cups of milk
-15oz baked samon
-fresh fruits

roughly the type of things i eat. i try to eat atleast 5 times a day.

dnegel

Awards
try doing less excersizes per muscle, instead of doing 3 cut it down to one or two. I worked out for years doing too much volume, i only slowly made gains and got stucks for months at a time at some points. Then i switched to lower volume and started making a lot better gains. Now recently i have swtiched to a DC like program which is only 1 excersize per muscle and my strength and size gains are sky rocketing.

So to summarize do less work for better gains.

xtatic

Awards
try doing less excersizes per muscle, instead of doing 3 cut it down to one or two. I worked out for years doing too much volume, i only slowly made gains and got stucks for months at a time at some points. Then i switched to lower volume and started making a lot better gains. Now recently i have swtiched to a DC like program which is only 1 excersize per muscle and my strength and size gains are sky rocketing.

So to summarize do less work for better gains.
so lets say for chest ill do flat barbell and incline dumbbell 3 sets 8 reps and thats it?

ill be in the gym for a total of 15 min

dnegel

Awards
you can do more than just chest on a day for example a typical workout for me right now is:
monday- chest, back width, backthickness, triceps, shoulders
DB press
pullups
dead lift
skullcrushers
seated db press

i rotate other excersizes in and out.

Wednesday - bis, quads, hamstring, forearms, calves
bb curl
squats
stiffleg deadlifts
bb wrist curl
smith calf raises

then friday i do mondays workout again and next monday do wednesdays workout.

i would suggest looking though http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/50614-glens-redemption-log.html
glen has two distinct workout plans in there, the second might be a good place to start for you.

Also try using FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal and log all your foods, most people think they are eating more than they actually are.

xtatic

Awards
you can do more than just chest on a day for example a typical workout for me right now is:
monday- chest, back width, backthickness, triceps, shoulders
DB press
pullups
dead lift
skullcrushers
seated db press

i rotate other excersizes in and out.

Wednesday - bis, quads, hamstring, forearms, calves
bb curl
squats
stiffleg deadlifts
bb wrist curl
smith calf raises

then friday i do mondays workout again and next monday do wednesdays workout.

i would suggest looking though http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/50614-glens-redemption-log.html
glen has two distinct workout plans in there, the second might be a good place to start for you.

Also try using FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal and log all your foods, most people think they are eating more than they actually are.
i already am using fitday. between 4000-6000

thnx for the advice though i will prob cut it down to 2 excersizes, 3 sets and 6 reps each. i also wana stay well defined ive lost some abs while bulikng so what can i do to stay well defined but not lose too much weight since i am trying to bulk. i also do not want to look bloated as i sometimes do since i eat a lot and drink even more (water and juices).

dnegel

Awards
do light cardio on offdays or after your workouts for 20-30 minutes with low intensity, around about 130 bpm.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'd say stick to 4 sets of 6-10 reps of mainly heavy compound moves. Also, if you absolutely have to have a sixpack at all times, I wouldn't expect to see dramatic gains in size right away. I'm not saying you can't get big without bulking up and getting fat, I'm just saying it's going to be harder to get/keep a sixpack while you're doing it.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Also, I'd look into USPLabs' new supplement Anabolic-Pump, which should be coming out in the near future. That would probably help you gain size while keeping the fat gain down.

Popa Murph

Awards
Try adding a couple of spoonfuls of olive oil everyday. there's about 100 calories per spoonful. If you added 2 a day that would be an extra 1400 calories per week.

If you're not gaining weight you're not eating enough...

Popa Murph

Awards
And don't worry about eating "super clean." I'm not saying go out and eat McD's everyday but if you want to go to a buffet on the weekend, go and enjoy it!

xtatic

Awards
thanks for all the input. as far as supplements go i was thinking of the NHA stack with Lean Xtreme. also homemade weight gainers. and eat eat eat!

these are my max's so far i said i would post. ill have pics up tom.

weight 156lbs.

Flat Barbell Bench- 230lbs.
Smith Machine Squats- 275lbs.
Dead Lifts- 235lbs.
Leg Press- 810lbs.
Skull Crushers- 110lbs.
Cable Row- 195lbs.
Freeweight Military Press- 135lbs.
Upright Row- 100lbs
EZ Barbell Curl- 90lbs.

the focus while doing all the max's was form and complete movement. shoulders are my weak spot. thanks again.

bigstabile

bigstabile

Awards
  • Established
im 5'10'' 156lbs.

ive been working out for a little over 2 years (taking maybe a week off every couple months or so) i saterted hitting it hard again almost 3 months ago after taking a month off. i was weighing around 150 then. im eating like crazy (super clean)

my problems is ive never been able to break past 156 standard weight (eating a full meal then weighing myself doesn count). and i seem to not be able to break through the same pleatous (sp) im in right now.

i was planning on taking promagnon but decided against it.

my question is what can i do to gain size?!?!?

my workouts were 3 excersizes per muscle 3 sets 8 reps. i was like that since i began to hit it hard again. Dec 1 i changed to 3 excersizes per muscle, 3 sets, 15-10-5 reps. and am planning to change again on jan 1 to 3 excersizes per muscle, 3 sets, 4-6 reps.

like i said im eating a lot of clean foods.

what can i switch with my eating habits, workout, or even supplements? i was thinking of taking the NHA stack (i was going to take it as part of my post cycle therapy) but maybe just by itself?

im open to ideas.

ill try to post up pics and my max's on several excersizes tomorrow
The bottom line is you aren't eating enough. Don't worry about any supplements at all for now. If you can't get past a weight plateau you need to add calories not supplements.

psycho

psycho

Awards
first off...good job on avoiding doing it the cheaters way by using roids..

second, if you want to gain weight, eating clean is not necessarily gonna get you there.. A little junk food is not gonna hurt you.. It adds calories which can be worked off in the gym.. Sounds like you may have a high metabolism, so eat away.. If you notice a little to much bulk and not enough cuts for your liking, you can then cut back...

Also, if you are using the same weight all the time, you need to add some lbs to your exercises.. Have to lift more to grow.

lifthardheavy

Awards
thanks for all the input. as far as supplements go i was thinking of the NHA stack with Lean Xtreme. also homemade weight gainers. and eat eat eat!

these are my max's so far i said i would post. ill have pics up tom.

weight 156lbs.

Flat Barbell Bench- 230lbs.
Smith Machine Squats- 275lbs.
Dead Lifts- 235lbs.
Leg Press- 810lbs.
Skull Crushers- 110lbs.
Cable Row- 195lbs.
Freeweight Military Press- 135lbs.
Upright Row- 100lbs
EZ Barbell Curl- 90lbs.

the focus while doing all the max's was form and complete movement. shoulders are my weak spot. thanks again.
135# mil press, 230# bench, but just 100# upright row??

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Try adding a couple of spoonfuls of olive oil everyday. there's about 100 calories per spoonful. If you added 2 a day that would be an extra 1400 calories per week.

If you're not gaining weight you're not eating enough...
Get don lemmons oil awesome has 120 caloires per table spoon. Than try the max-ot routine. I have done wonders with switching to that routine.

xtatic

Awards
135# mil press, 230# bench, but just 100# upright row??
yea mil press and upright row and pretty much other shoulders are my low point. :(

as far as the add more weight i seem to not be able to go over what im at now. (without sacraficing form)

peterson24

Awards
  • Established
i already am using fitday. between 4000-6000

thnx for the advice though i will prob cut it down to 2 excersizes, 3 sets and 6 reps each. i also wana stay well defined ive lost some abs while bulikng so what can i do to stay well defined but not lose too much weight since i am trying to bulk. i also do not want to look bloated as i sometimes do since i eat a lot and drink even more (water and juices).
Try using a scale and actually measure your foods then see where you calories are at. Everyone I know has over estimated. When I sat them down and made them use a scale, there was a 1000-1500 calorie difference.
4000 calories should be plenty to gain with.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Like others have said unless you want a six-pac year round then you need to "dirty" your diet a bit. Throw some fast food in there once in a while. Also what is your total workout plan?

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Try using a scale and actually measure your foods then see where you calories are at. Everyone I know has over estimated. When I sat them down and made them use a scale, there was a 1000-1500 calorie difference.
4000 calories should be plenty to gain with.
Word. I can't stress enough the benefits of a digital food scale and some measuring spoons. Log your diet every day and gradually add more until you start to gain weight. 'Clean' and whole foods have a relatively low calorie density; it is easy to under eat on a clean diet if you are not counting calories to make sure you get enough.

xtatic

Awards
Word. I can't stress enough the benefits of a digital food scale and some measuring spoons. Log your diet every day and gradually add more until you start to gain weight. 'Clean' and whole foods have a relatively low calorie density; it is easy to under eat on a clean diet if you are not counting calories to make sure you get enough.
i understad the fact that almost all clean foods and healthy foods are low in calories but i do want to keep the 8pac and stay cut. im throwing in cardio about 3 days a week. as food im basically just eating ALOT, since clean food has less calories i have to eat that much more.

workouts go like this
Chest/tri
Back/bi
Traps/Shoulders
Legs

2 exercises per muscle, 3 sets, 4-6 reps heavy as physicaly possible while maintaining form.

abs every other day.

cardio is basketball 2hours wednesdays and two days during the week maybe 15min jog.

E-Swift25

Awards
wake up, breakfast is :
-4 egg whites, 1 whole egg (sometimes more)
-2 slices whole wheat or whole grain bread
-2 cups oj
-1 cup 1% milk
-3 slices turkey bacon (half the time)
-1 banana

snacks
-4 cups honey nut cherrios with 4 cups of 1% milk.
-serving of unsalted peanuts or almonds with a glass of milk
-turkey, chicken, or roast beef slices (4) with fruits and milk
-non fat yogurt danon
-etc.

Lunch and dinner
-2 hamburgers (about 3/4 to 1 lbs.) made from lean ground beef
-2 steaks (14oz avg)
-~25oz of boneless skinless chicken breast
-brown rice
-yogurt
-2 cups juice (apple, berry, oj, fruit juices)
-2 cups of milk
-15oz baked samon
-fresh fruits

roughly the type of things i eat. i try to eat atleast 5 times a day.
Dude, you're eating way too clean. If you want to put on size, you're have to adapt the see-food diet to your lifestyle. Don't get so hung up on the fat and sugar content of your meals. I'm not advising eating like complete ****, but you're gonna have to consume excess calories to put on size and means eating some junk. I'm in constant bulk myself, simply because if I don't eat like a pig, I'll lose size. Even at 28, my metabolism is very fast. I still can't seem to gain much weight even while gorging. I think my natural size is about 165lbs if I didn't eat and train like I do, and probably drop down to that from 210lbs now.

peterson24

Awards
  • Established
I agree. Throw some more fats in your diet. Even saturated fats are good to an extent. I up my fat intake to about 35% on a bulk. Don't worry about getting fat so much, its gonna be hard to do. It sounds like you are naturally lean so it will come off easy after.