GREAT homemade weightgainer recipe

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
I work at a nutrition stand in a gym...this is a big seller and tastes great...just wanted to share the secret...

6 oz. skim milk
3 scoops chocolate protein powder
1/2 banana
1 tbsp of peanut butter
3 scoops of oatmeal (use protein scooper)

comes out to 20 ounces

i personally use this an hour after my post-workout drink

HellTownPlaya

Awards
yeah i have trouble eating my oatmeal conventionally in the morning sometimes so i throw a serving in my protein shakes and i go through vitamin e like crazy trying to stop the stretch marks lol

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
yeah i have trouble eating my oatmeal conventionally in the morning sometimes so i throw a serving in my protein shakes and i go through vitamin e like crazy trying to stop the stretch marks lol
try cocoa butter on those stretch marks.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
anybody know the breakdown? i am def going t try this once im done with my keto..lol

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Three protein scoops of oatmeal is just more than half cup. Use a coffee bean grinder to powderfy the oats. This makes it a lot easier to add into shakes and such. I turned my roommate onto the grinding the oats and he ground up like pounds of them so now when he is running late for class he just pours some milk in the blender, adds the protein powder and oat powder, slaps in some pb and frozen berrier and blasts up a shake in like a minutes time. The he just takes it to class with him. The frozen fruit acts like the ice and makes it nice and cold and like a smoothie. YUM!

Einherjar

Awards
This is mine:
3 scoops Cytosport Complete Whey
1 cup of what I jokingly call Swole Oats (kashi, oatmeal and flax seeds ground up and mixed together)
1 banana
1/2 cup of unflavored yogurt (Optional, based on if I have any or not)
24 oz whole milk

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
tried this yesterdasy b4 work and loved it..going to add a little water tho to in it out literally had the cup upside down above my mouth trying to get the last of it out

sullyx44

sullyx44

Awards
I guess I'm not creative enough...I just buy boring old weight gainer.... :frustrate

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
hey im with you i loved n'large but this recipe is good

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I personally would switch that skim milk to whole milk. Or use no milk at all and add 2 whole eggs to the mix with 2 Tbsp. of cream for texture. But I'm crazy like that.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established