Question about Lean Mass gains during week

Fun2Train

Awards
Just curious about how much lean mass could I expect to gain during a week, I understand its hard to say because everyone is different but I was just curious about what i can expect. I weigh 217 and have a really slow metabolism and im doing about 4000 calories a day. About 40% carbs 40% protein and 20% or so fat, making sure I eat every 2-3 hours. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

TenMan

TenMan

Awards
Weigh yourself at the sametime in the same clothing once per week. Diet is really a trial and error thing; you have to experiment and find what works well for you. Also take measurements and use the mirror as a scale, instead of the actual weight scale. If you notice too much of an increase in body weight and your belt size you're probably adding more fat than you'd like.

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
Just curious about how much lean mass could I expect to gain during a week, I understand its hard to say because everyone is different but I was just curious about what i can expect. I weigh 217 and have a really slow metabolism and im doing about 4000 calories a day. About 40% carbs 40% protein and 20% or so fat, making sure I eat every 2-3 hours. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

studies show that you can (USUALLY) only gain .25-1 lb of "lean mass" per week.....people have different genetics, but any more than 1lb per week will probably be fat gains.:pizza:

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
studies show that you can (USUALLY) only gain .25-1 lb of "lean mass" per week.....people have different genetics, but any more than 1lb per week will probably be fat gains.:pizza:
could be water, glycogen, ect...

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
could be water, glycogen, ect...
yeah, but you know what i mean. Only 1lb or less will be actual mucscle :)........but you are right. The first week or two you will gain water weight from the extra carbs.

TenMan

TenMan

Awards
yeah, but you know what i mean. Only 1lb or less will be actual mucscle :)........but you are right. The first week or two you will gain water weight from the extra carbs.
Another reason to use measurements w/ a tape and looking in the mirror instead of the scale.

Fun2Train

Awards
thanks everyone for the great info, very much appreciated.

TenMan

TenMan

Awards
thanks everyone for the great info, very much appreciated.
One more thing I thought of... this is just from personal experience... try gradually introducing more calories in your diet, as opposed to all at once. Give your body time to adjust to what you're doing to it.