Buy Tuna in Bulk

• Thread starter Big Redneck Dud
  • Start date

Big Redneck Dud

Awards
Does anyone know where I can buy tuna in bulk so it's cheaper than getting it from the stores?

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Tuna is probably one thing I wouldn't buy over the net.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sam's club? I get my tuna at roughly 39 cents a can @ Food Lion. You may get a better deal but if it's online there's going to be shipping to cover.

tattoopierced1

sam's club like jay said. or if you dont have one of those, i'm sure a GFS or similar store would carry it in bulk.

sogone2day

sogone2day

Awards
  • Established
Costco has bigass tins, like 1kg.

jet11

Awards
Sam's club? I get my tuna at roughly 39 cents a can @ Food Lion. You may get a better deal but if it's online there's going to be shipping to cover.
man thats gotta taste like cat food! is it chunk or solid?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
chunk light in water. I mix all kinds of different stuff into the tuna so I never notice a quality difference.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Bulk tuna hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Hey Stryder you listening :)

CROWLER

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Costco... 4lb cans of white albacore.. you can't go wrong.

Jaxxx

Jaxxx

Board Supporter
Awards
I can't stand Albacore...

Chunk Light is best, less mercury too.

kingivan

Awards
i work on the fish market in philly i buy raw tuna it is the best it taste like chicken with no ad ons you got to cook it yourself

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
I can't stand Albacore...

Chunk Light is best, less mercury too.

Wow, in my opinion Chunk Light tastes like utter crap compared to Albacore.. different strokes I guess... More Albacore for me then.

The mercury issue is more of a concern for small children and pregnant/nursing women... but I guess the concern is warranted none the less.

magnate

Awards
The warehouse clubs stores also have these tuna filets from either Starkist of Chicken of the Sea that are pre-marinated in individual packets. I'm not sure which stores, but I buy mine at BJ's. So if you get to the point where the sight of canned tuna is makes you heave, you might want to check these out instead.

bearmeat

Awards
  • Established
Costco also has something like a 20 pack of the small cans if you don't want one enormous can.