Bulking, but also taking a break in-between.

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
I've been bulking for about 3 months now and have just jumped into a 34 waist (was in a 32)... Started at 178 (5'8")with an ergo max cycle for 4 weeks... Took about a month off and have been on JW and creatine for 5 weeks... I'm now at 192lbs. I want to continue bulking through out the winter but I got a little concerned about my waist size..... My question is.... During a 6-8 month bulk cycle is it a good idea to diet down for a couple weeks to dry up some added fat? Then start up again? My idea is going from my 3,500 cal diet down to about 2,500-3000 cals a day for a couple weeks, then jump back in again. I would really like to end my bulk cycle with a pp/sd cycle in Feb/March.... Then get ready to cut for the Summer..... I have always used my waist size as a cut off tool. Maybe I should change my thoughts and not worry about my waist size right yet.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i've personally given up "bulking and cutting" ... i strive to put on lean mass year round by eating slightly above maintaince with long low dosed cycles

i feel that when i "bulk" i don't get any more muscle then i'm getting now just more water and fat i have to get rid of

jet11

Awards
i've personally given up "bulking and cutting" ... i strive to put on lean mass year round by eating slightly above maintaince with long low dosed cycles

i feel that when i "bulk" i don't get any more muscle then i'm getting now just more water and fat i have to get rid of
i totally agree with you...i cycled on bulk/cut forever... now i only worry about a cut when or if everything gets out of hand or i have a really bad month due to injury or illness, lean bulk is the way to go