question on weather to bulk or not???

clippers41

Awards
hello everyone i am 17 and i play football and once the season is over i plan on lifting right away and getting bigger so i can play middle next year...but i am unsure what to do last season i was about 145lbs and was on a lifting program after and now im about 155-160lbs with around 10-12% body fat and im about 5'8 and relativly strong for my size..My goal is to pretty much keep the body fat down and gain lean musscle mass and stregnth should i bulk or lose some fat and then bulk?

any advice will be apperciated i really am new to this and dont know to much

surfnskate98

Awards
I would incorprate some cardio into your work outs and loose about 5-6 pounds and then try and start gaining, im also 5,8 but my is weight about 138pounds.

clippers41

Awards
thanks surf and skate....i was leaning towards that but wasent sure.. i wouldnt say im over weight by any means im a pretty solid 155-160 but it would be nice to see some more abb's..

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
There is a lot of good info in here and around the web in general so keep researching. Basically what you'll want to do is raise your cals above Maintenance levels enough to feed muscle growth without excess fat gain. Keep your lifting based on heavy compound movements. I wish I had resources like this when I was in your shoes.

surfnskate98

Awards
Are you on a diet. If so what is it. I would reccomend at least 2500 cals a day. stay away from soda.Make sure you have water bottle in hand 24/7. try and eat lots of lean meats. 290 g carbs 200-250 g protein. Also eat 5 small meals per day and before you go to sleep eat like small snack like oats so your metabolism is constantly running. THe worst thing to do is to starve your body. If you work hard you should be able to lose 5 pounds in 4 weeks to 5 weeks

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you are at 10-12% body fat I'd think that you'd see your abs. I'm at 10% now and See all 6 abs. Now, when it comes to bulking eliminate the phrasing "adding lean muscle mass". Such is not capable without AAS, so don't think about turning to it. Just lift hard and heavy. Look up the MAX - OT Training style. That will pack on the mass quickly. Also, you're most likely not eating enough. In fact if at any point you feel hungry, guess what? You're not eating enough.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
In fact if at any point you feel hungry, guess what? You're not eating enough.
Whoa hold on now, I agree for hard gainers that this is true, but guys like me are hungry 24/7 and what to some is over indulging is starvation to me! It just seemed like you threw it out there as a blanket statement is all.

BTW where did you find that SD quote?? That's some funny stuff!

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Whoa hold on now, I agree for hard gainers that this is true, but guys like me are hungry 24/7 and what to some is over indulging is starvation to me! It just seemed like you threw it out there as a blanket statement is all.

BTW where did you find that superdrol quote?? That's some funny stuff!
It's an old quote from a board supporter on here (grey tag name) his name was Magickk.

Yes it sort of is a blanket all. My starvation diet is 2500 calories a day. My normal diet is 3000 calories.

clippers41

Awards
i can see them there just not where i want them to be i guess..and no i am not currently on any sort of diet but i do try and stayaway from junk foods and i dont drink soda so thats nothing to worry about. i will be starting this in about 4-5 weeks though and was just looking for some help on what to do..