Recipes on Weight gainers?

surfnskate98

Awards
I usally buy my shakes with already made powder but some people said that making them your own is usally better and cheaper. Can you guys help me out with some easy weight gaining shake recipes.

never2big

Awards
for the last few weeks i have been using pasturized whole eggs so u can eat them raw and a scoop or two of protien powder and milk seems to be working the eggs are more money than normal eggs. i have heard of people eating regular raw eggs i just dont want to take any chances.

name of eggs are davidsons(NATIONAL PASTEURIZED EGGS)

some other things i have done is blend up dry oatmeal in my shakes. i also highly recommend getting a magic bullet u see on the infomercals it blends anything. i blend the oatmeal first and the bullet turns into powder then add your protien and anything you might want

and u can also try powderd milk, peanutbutter,fruit,creatine, glutimine

surfnskate98

Awards
I already have magic bullet. Thats what i usally use for my shakes.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Most store bought weight gainers simply contain protein (whey concentrate) and a carb source (usually maltodextrin). These items can be bought separately online and mixed yourself much much cheaper than buying the premade gainers.

However, if you search around this site (or any good BB site) you'll learn that maltodextrin is very high on the glymemic index and is just not a great source of carbs to take in large amounts if you want to stay lean. They only use it in weight gainers because it's cheap, dense, and basically tasteless.

The best weight gainer shakes are homemade w/ real food ingredients. Try to use a variety of protein sources and make sure you have some fiber in there.

Weight Gainer ingredients I use:

Protein: Whey Powder, Whole Eggs or Egg Whites, Skim Milk or Skim Milk Powder, Fat Free Cottage Cheese.

Carbs & Fiber: Oatmeal, Fruit (esp Bananas & Strawberries), Honey, Fiber One Cereal.

Fats (if needed): Light Olive Oil, Flax Seeds or Oil, Peanut Butter.

Other Additives: Splenda, Coffee or Instant Coffee, Vanilla Extract, Cinnamon, Sugar Free Jello Powder, Fiber.

The Cottage Cheese & Light Olive Oil may sound weird, but they are both basically tasteless when mixed in a shake.

Mix and match ingredients to come up w/ something tastey that fits your diet plan. Just figure out how many calories you need, and how many grams of protein, carbs, & fat.

surfnskate98

Awards
Thanks for the advice. ill have to try that.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
8 egg whites, 1 cup oats, 1 scoop whey, some natty pb .. blend it all up

quigley

Awards
  • Established
i try to blend oats in my shakes but it just goes all crumbly and i cant drink it

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I must have at least four or five of these a week, but I add skim milk, flax seeds (sometimes), and sucralose.

i try to blend oats in my shakes but it just goes all crumbly and i cant drink it
A coffee bean grinder works very well on oats (and flax seeds). You can also buy oat flour and milled flax seeds and use that instead.

EDIT: Just made one realized that I add my PB Cycle Support to it as well.

Last edited:
Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
A coffee bean grinder works very well on oats (and flax seeds). You can also buy oat flour and milled flax seeds and use that instead.
That it does, and I've found for those who have it, the magic bullet works well too. Make sure it's dry though, if the cup is wet the oats will stick to the cup and not get ground.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i'm assuming you're adding water with those oats right? .. assuming you are i don't know what to say .. i never have a problem

quigley

Awards
  • Established
cheers guys, i blended the oats with a little water first, than added the rest of the stuff and it worked out good.

:) preciate the help.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
cheers guys, i blended the oats with a little water first, than added the rest of the stuff and it worked out good.

:) preciate the help.
haha. I wondered what your problem was.

I wanted to say "grow some balls and just chug it." glad i held back now. If you really need it to be smooth, you can soak the oats first & microwave them, but that's way too much of a pain in the ass for me. i just make shakes when i'm in a hurry, not when i want to really enjoy something tastey. if i have time, i make a good meal instead. Hope you like the oats though. They're hella convenient.

quigley

Awards
  • Established
i blend the oats with water first, than add milk and eggs, and it tastes terrible. Im thinking of buying some frozen berries or some icecream or something to add some flavour. i do just chug it down lol, even if it tastes bad.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Vanilla whey + oats + milk & eggs + cinnamon & splenda is probably the most natural & best tasting oat shake recipe i've had.

quigley

Awards
  • Established
yeah i had friggin cookie and cream whey which made everythin taste hell weird when u mixed it lol, but ive just finished the barrell and will go get some vanilla stuff.

Sharia

Awards
yeah i had friggin cookie and cream whey which made everythin taste hell weird when u mixed it lol, but ive just finished the barrell and will go get some vanilla stuff.
Hello Guys,
I have a couple of questions
1. Do you folks mean raw eggs white?
2. Do you mean oat like the ones they sell in the store (Quaker oats)? Or is there a different powder oat you folks are talking about?
3. I plan on using optimum nutrition whey protien and do you folks know of a cheaper whey protien?

Thanks.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Hello Guys,
I have a couple of questions
1. Do you folks mean raw eggs white?
2. Do you mean oat like the ones they sell in the store (Quaker oats)? Or is there a different powder oat you folks are talking about?
3. I plan on using optimum nutrition whey protien and do you folks know of a cheaper whey protien?

Thanks.

1. That's what I use, but the pasteurized egg white in a carton is just as good if you're worried about salmonella (it's just more expensive).

2. Yep generally the "Old Fashioned" style Quaker or a generic equivalent. Some people put it in a coffee grinder first to make it into a powder, but it's not really necessary if you're going to put it in a blender anyway.

3. That's what I usually use. You can order 5lbs for around $27 from Nutraplanet. Also AnabolicInnovations.com has great peanut butter whey and other flavors for the same price.

Sharia

Awards
Hello Glenihan, Im curious when you do this dont you get some slimy nasty substance? How much cal/protien are in this recipie/