Critique My "Lean" Bulk Diet

phillyb

phillyb

Awards
This is a typical diet during a workout day, and on non-workout days I just cut out my Post-Workout Shake. My current stat's are 20 years old, 6'2 and weigh 185 pounds with around 10-12 percent BF. I'm an Endo/Meso who's lost a cr*p ton of fat and blubber and wants to put on quality weight and muscle now. Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

*Macro's are in Fats/Carbs/Protein*

Meal 1 = 8:00 A.M.
- 8 egg whites (0/3/28) 131 cals
- 1 Cup Dry Oatmeal (5/51/12) 291 cals
- 1/4 Cup Sugar Free Syrup (0/7/0) 25 cals
- 1/4 Cup Fat Free Milk (0/3/2) 21 cals
- Multivitamin

Train = 9:00 A.M.

Post-Workout = 10:15 A.M.
- 2 Servings AI Protein (1/2/48) 204 Cals
- 1/4 Cup Dry Oatmeal (1/13/3) 73 Cals
- 2 Tbsp Dextrose (0/19/0) 73 Cals
- 1 Cup Fat Free Milk (0/12/8) 86 Cals

Meal 2 = 1:30 P.M.
- 8 oz Chicken Breast (5/0/44) 236 Cals
- 3 oz Whole Wheat Pasta (1/59/12) 274 Cals
- 1.5 Cup Broccoli (0/8/4) 41 Cals

Meal 3 = 4:30 P.M.
- 8 oz Chicken Breast (5/0/44) 236 Cals
- 1 Medium Sweetpotato (4/28/2) 152 Cals

Meal 4 = 7:30 P.M.
- 1 Whole Wheat Bagel (1/46/9) 216 Cals
- 1 Tbsp Natty PB (8/3/4) 210 Cals

Meal 5 = 9:30 P.M.
- 2 Servings Cereal (6/28/20) 202 Cals
- 1.5 Cup Fat Free Milk (1/18/13) 128 Cals
- 1 Tbsp Flax Oil (14/0/0) 125 Cals

Meal 6 = 11:30 P.M.
- 1.5 Cups Fat Free CC (3/9/42) 245 Cals
- 1 Tbsp Natty PB (8/3/4) 105 Cals

Totals: (66F/354C/313P) 3199 Cals in a 19F/40C/41P Ratio

Also I try and eat a little below my goal calories on my days off and eat a little more on leg and back days as I push myself hard during those workouts. I just started this Bulk on Sunday, and have to see how my body reacts to it, so nothing is really set in stone.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Looks well planned out. My thoughts are:

- Are there more (free) vegetables in there that you just havent counted? If not put some more in.

- Calories seem a bit low for someone of your height but you know your body best. If you're not gaining, just increase by 250 cals or so at a time till you do.

- Flush the dextrose and go with a 1/2c of oatmeal in your PWO shake instead.

- Last meal of the day seems kinda low on cals to get you through the night.

Overall looks like a solid start. Good luck.

Shock133

Awards
If your bodytype is endo/meso why don't you push your fats up and lower your carbs like a 40/30/30 split. If you were severely overweight before I would suspect that you're supersensitive to carbs. I consume quite a few good fats through oils during the day. You know your body though. Other than that it looks fairly solid. Give it a run and tweak as necessary.

knewell11

Awards
You have too many carbs in this diet if it supposed to be a lean bulk diet. Only feed your body carbs when it needs it, which is at breakfast and either pre/post workout. Don't think that you need massive amounts of carbs to gain muscle. It's all about the timing of your carbs.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Look's good. But in meals four and five where's the protein, throw in some protein source instead of just relying on the small amount you'll get with the milk. Also, for what these other guy's mentioned about carb intake. You might want to structure your meal plan where your carbohydrates are cut out completely during the last few meals of the day. Say for meals 4 and 5 cut out the bagel and cereal and replace with some veggie mix, and whole protein foods ala chicken, tuna, turkey etc, etc.

burymestanding

burymestanding

Awards
Looks good, but I wouldnt do the 2 servings of cereal, I have read thats high GI.

I agree with what they said about the last 2 meals. I am similar bodytype, and what works well for me is 1/2 cup lowfat/or fat free cottage cheese, mixed with 1/2 cup of tuna. I also wash it down with some good ol sugar free coolaid, and If I need the carbs I eat a slice of ww bread

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Depends on the cereal. High fiber cereals like fiber one, shredded wheat, uncle sam's all would be a reasonable product for a lean bulk since the high amount of fiber would blunt GI and insulin release.

burymestanding

burymestanding

Awards
good point, you got me on that one. One of the examples that I actually did read about was special K. I was suprised to hear that was high GI. then again its not totally fiberous

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
depending on your personal metabolism, the extra carbs may be just fine, i know i do great on bulking diets with 45% carbs 40% protein 15% fat

also i would add more chicken and/or meat in lieu of the cereal and bagels

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
Overall very well thought out.... hopefully you don't take in too much alcohol or have more than 1 cheat meal a week, as to maximize your gains.

You'll be ready to fight Brock Lesnar in no time.

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
I personally do much better with the removal of actual milk, but that is me.

GMaN1911

Awards
There isn't enough fat in your diet, fat is the basses for test production