Gaining Weight

kdarrell

Awards
Anybody out there know of different methods or supplements to help a person gain weight?

tattoopierced1

AI has a new appetite stimulant out that works well if you have a hard time eating what you need to eat to gain.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Take it from me bro, when they say eating is the most important. I have tried every supplement under the sun, and all I got from it was less money, more bills! I wondered why I didn't gain any muscle when I was taking cell tech, protein powders and NO-xplode. It's because my diet and training weren't in check.

You must read and research, read and train, research and train, and all over again!

I went from 129lbs to 160lbs in a little over a year. I did this by eating as much as I could (healthy foods like tuna, chicken, eggs, pasta) and training heavy. I also trained with COMPOUND EXERCISES These are exercises like Bench press, pullups, squats, military press, exercises that use more than 1 muscle group to do the work, that activate MORE MUSCLE in your body.

Drink lots of water. Eat smaller meals more frequently.

5 small meals every 3 hours is BETTER than 1 or 2 big meals everyday.

For supplements, if you MUST buy something to help, the only one I recommend to you is Muscle Milk. It will give you protein, calories, healthy fat and carbohydrates. It worked well for me and others. Other than this product, spend your money on vitamins and whole foods. THEYRE THE ONLY THING THAT WILL PUT ON MUSCLE!

kdarrell

Awards
Thanks for the quick replies. I will take into consideration what you have said and I'll also do some research.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
the bulking forum will be your best friend tons and tons of info that people have used with success and you can see what they did wrong and what they used to chnage it. Its all about dialing in your diet with trial and error and finding out what works for ya.

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
Just eat, I went from 157 to 182 in 5 months. Not all muscle but a great amount of weight gained for me, I never have weighted this much in my life. I just have been eating like a mad man. During the first couple months I would use Claritin to stimulate my appetite and now that I’m accustomed to eating big I have to control my appetite and watch not to eat too much. You really don’t need sups just a good amount of food.

kdarrell

Awards
Is any food in particular better to eat for gaining weight? I'm not really a sweet eater.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
You don't want sweets, heavy on the protien and clean carbs, potatoes, brown rice, wheat bread etc, etc. Eat often, pick goals for caloric intake and split the calories evenly throughout 6-8 meals. Eating clean means eating a lot more food, but it will also equal better quality gains (less fat).

kdarrell

Awards
Thanks for the advice. But I don't think I could ever eat 6-8 meals a day. :gas: I will definitely start eating more of the kinds of food you suggested.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Aaah but that is key!! If you eat 3-1000cal meals vs 6-500cal meals the chances of you gaining fat has greatly increased! You want a constant intake of nutrients without overwhelming your body and increasing fat storage.

kdarrell

Awards
Sorry for sounding so stupid here, but what is the difference if you eat 6 times a day or 3 times a day as long as your calorie intake is the same?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for sounding so stupid here, but what is the difference if you eat 6 times a day or 3 times a day as long as your calorie intake is the same?
Not stupid, as I understand it:

Smaller Amounts > Digested & Processed Easier > More Nutrients Absorbed

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Thanks,

Now that does make sense.

I beleive it also keeps your body anabolic. Say if you eat 1500 calories in the morning, and don't eat until later on that day...once you stop processing your food your body will lapse into catabolism. You have a better chance of avoiding catabolism if you feed your body more often.

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
You want to keep your insulin response more level. More frequent small meals will keep insulin more level, while fewer large meals will make insulin and blood sugar oppose each other like yo-yos and make you fat.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice. But I don't think I could ever eat 6-8 meals a day. :gas: I will definitely start eating more of the kinds of food you suggested.

If you wanna play with the big boys ( & girls) You will have to eat 6-8 meals a day. Its your decision, wanna be big or wanna be you now?

Food is the key! Its powerful, Use it wisely!

peterson24

Awards
  • Established
Take it from me bro, when they say eating is the most important. I have tried every supplement under the sun, and all I got from it was less money, more bills! I wondered why I didn't gain any muscle when I was taking cell tech, protein powders and NO-xplode. It's because my diet and training weren't in check.

You must read and research, read and train, research and train, and all over again!

I went from 129lbs to 160lbs in a little over a year. I did this by eating as much as I could (healthy foods like tuna, chicken, eggs, pasta) and training heavy. I also trained with COMPOUND EXERCISES These are exercises like Bench press, pullups, squats, military press, exercises that use more than 1 muscle group to do the work, that activate MORE MUSCLE in your body.

Drink lots of water. Eat smaller meals more frequently.

5 small meals every 3 hours is BETTER than 1 or 2 big meals everyday.

For supplements, if you MUST buy something to help, the only one I recommend to you is Muscle Milk. It will give you protein, calories, healthy fat and carbohydrates. It worked well for me and others. Other than this product, spend your money on vitamins and whole foods. THEYRE THE ONLY THING THAT WILL PUT ON MUSCLE!

Listen to this advice and you really don't even need muscle milk. Just make your shake up with ground flax seed, protein powder and oats and milk to achieve the same thing for less money. You don't think you can eat that much now, I know. You'll feel like you have to puke at every meal and it will be a chore for the first 2 weeks. after that your body will adjust, you digest quicker and then you find yourself on the other end trying to stop yourself from eating everything. We have all been there. You should track your calories even though I don't track calories anymore. I find it hard to eat anything less than a 1lb of meat at any one of my meals and then I am hungary an hour later! oh the irony.

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
You want to keep your insulin response more level. More frequent small meals will keep insulin more level, while fewer large meals will make insulin and blood sugar oppose each other like yo-yos and make you fat.
Maybe thats why I'm got a little fat. I use to eat 4 big meals, I now throw a protein drink inbetween and eat 4 meals with 2 to 3 protein shakes. I've noticed my gains haven't slowed but my gut has slowed in showing.

:squat:

kdarrell

Awards
You don't want sweets, heavy on the protien and clean carbs, potatoes, brown rice, wheat bread etc, etc. Eat often, pick goals for caloric intake and split the calories evenly throughout 6-8 meals. Eating clean means eating a lot more food, but it will also equal better quality gains (less fat).
You people will be very proud of me, I am now up to eating FIVE little meals a day. So I am getting there!!

peterson24

Awards
  • Established
Good job so far. Also note the importance of pre and post workout meals/shakes. It always good to eat a good carb/protein source about an hour before workout and have a shake after and follow up with a nice big meal of carbs and protein about 90 minutes after. You can afford to eat a little more at these meals.

kdarrell

Awards
Good job so far. Also note the importance of pre and post workout meals/shakes. It always good to eat a good carb/protein source about an hour before workout and have a shake after and follow up with a nice big meal of carbs and protein about 90 minutes after. You can afford to eat a little more at these meals.
Thanks for the tips and advice. I can see the pounds will be comming on shortly.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
just keep eating. eat before bed and the most important meal is really breakfast. it dont have to be eggs or nasty bacon/sausage just make sure breakfast is high in calories as it will make sure you dont fall behind at the end of the day. personally i never eat a stereotypical breakfast (eggs, bacon or whatever) Since i wake up at night i eat dinner for breakfast if you know wat i mean. ok, im rambling....but yeah just EAT! even when you dont really feel like it.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
20 mgs of superdrol for 3 weeks wouldn't hurt either.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
dont suggest him that! god he doesnt even know how to gain weight yet!

Dont use any steriods or "pro hormones" like superdrol yet, you need to research it more because you can run into alot of problems if you are not knowledgable about what you are using. JMHO

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
kdarrell you'll have to excuse us, it's not to often we have a female that wants to gain weight!! The important thing is like those who wish to lose, don't be in a hurry, slow steady gains, ~1lb a week would be optimal but also unrealistic, if you can gain .5lb a week without gaining fat you are on the road to some serious success.

kdarrell

Awards
Thanks guys, you all have been extremly helpful. Even to a girl lol. I have taken some of your advice, but I also know slow and steady wins the race.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
how much weight are you trying to gain? is this for personal reasons or are you competing in something?

kdarrell

Awards
This is completely for personal reasons, health reasons actually. I would idealy like to gain 15 to 20 pounds. I have just as much trouble gaining as people do losing. I've been battling this problem for most of my life.

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
try drinking a lot of skim milk, i drink about a gallon a day when im trying to bulk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
117codyawebb Nutrition / Health 10
Weight Loss 27
Jcoleman1 Bulking 15
TyMan14 Weight Loss 23
Bulking 15