Am I maximizing my eating habits?

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
I am currently lean bulking, and I have been stuck at 192 lbs for a couple weeks. I am 6' 1'' around 8% bf. I usually can eat 5 meals no problem but getting the sixth one in takes a very consistent spacing of meals. Today I had 6 meals, and I hit 4500 calories. I want to hit 5000 cals a day, but I don't see how its possible. I have been stuffing my face all day and 6 meals seems to be the most I can fit in a day eating every 3 hours.
My diet consists of eggs, oats, brown rice, bonless skinless chicken breast, tuna, whole wheat bread, cottage cheese, a little salsa here and there and a little mayo for the tuna.

Here is the breakdown for today's macros:
4451 cals
121g fat
528 g carbs
314 g protein

If you guys can help me out that woudl be great. I wanted to hit 200 by the end of summer, but right now I will be lucky to hit 195.

I am looking for some tips on eating more, or maybe a very good supplement to add into my diet to give me some quality calories.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
its hard to say without seeing your actual meal breakdown. I bet by adding some tbsps of flax would help boost up your daily cals with little effort and the benefit of a great fat souce. Also maybe bump up your protein intake a bit (your at about 1.6 g compared to bodyweight~maybe bump it up to 1.8-2 g per lbs)

best bet is to post up your diet so its easier to give specific advice on where you could alter and add things to bump up your cals

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
Swapping out the whole wheat bread for whole wheat bagels may be enough to get you there. Add a couple of Tbls of natural peanut butter or a little flax oil and you should be able to pick up that extra 500 Kcals.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Try adding a quality gainer if you just can't seem to get enough calories from your whole food meals. I use HDT's Solid Gains and the chocolate flavor is actually really good, especially with 16oz of milk.

SXULB52

Awards
I would exchange any milk you drink with whole milk. Also if you could have a small snack, maybe 150 kcals per snack, between each meal. You might want to try and add a little bit of simple sugars to your morning meal such as some brown sugar to your oatmeal. Also try this homemade weight gainer shake.

16 oz. whole milk
2 scoops whey isolate
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 cup dry oats
2 tblsp natural peanut butter

Blend it for a while and then drink it down.

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
I would exchange any milk you drink with whole milk. Also if you could have a small snack, maybe 150 kcals per snack, between each meal. You might want to try and add a little bit of simple sugars to your morning meal such as some brown sugar to your oatmeal. Also try this homemade weight gainer shake.

16 oz. whole milk
2 scoops whey isolate
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 cup dry oats
2 tblsp natural peanut butter

Blend it for a while and then drink it down.
Thank you very much, I will give it a try.

9 a.m. 2 c. oats
4 whole eggs

12:00 p.m. 4 slices whole wheat bread
5 oz. canned tuna
1 tbsp mayo

3:00 same as last meal

6:00 8 oz. chicken breast
2 c. brown rice
1/4 c. shredded cheese

9:00 same as last meal

11:00 1 c. cottage cheese
2 c. oats

Totals: 4500kcals
121g fat
528g carbs
314 g protein

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yeah the whole wheat bagels I get 300cal a bagel vs 70cal a slice of whole wheat bread brown sugar or honey in your oatmeal. peanutbutter has a ton of calories in only 1-2 tablespoons

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
The only thing I am worried about is consuming too many grams of fat. As you can see, my diet is already at the high end of fat consumption. I think I am going to start eating a couple snacks between meals. I am thinking about the pb as one snack, yogurt being another, and maybe pick up some bagels and use them instead of bread. I will have to see what the difference is in price, because I am a college student and I am thinking bagels cost a considerate amount more. I can get a loaf of whole wheat bread for $1.80, and that is for the good stuff.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ahh yes bulking on a budget I feel you that is always an issue