Diet Critique....

JToolz

Awards
I am 5'11" and right now I weigh 184. I am trying to add calories and do a really clean bulk. I want to shed a lil bit of fat and pack on some good lean muscle. I put together a diet and I was hoping I could get you guys to check it out for me. Also Ive been looking to buy a new protein powder as well. I have nothing but ON and Substance, and Im looking for a change of pace. Thanks ahead of time.

Meal 1 Preworkout
3/4 Cup Oats
1 tbls Natty Peanut Butter
2 scoops whey mixed with fat free milk

Postworkout
2 scoops whey mixed with fat free milk
Coke

Meal 2
Tuna cooked with EV Olive oil and 4 egg whites tossed in
1/2 Cup Brown rice
1 Cup Broccoli

Meal 3
2 Scoops whey
1/4 cup oats
2 tbls Natty peanut butter
flax seeds
(all mixed together)
Apple

Meal 4
Chicken Breast
3/4 cup brown rice
1 cup broccoli

Meal 5
RTD Muscle Milk

Meal 6 (before bed)
Chicken Breast
Handful of spinach leaves

Calories:3568
Protein:369
Carbs:376

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly does not look to bad, could use a little fine tweaking but you obviously have the basics down. First thing would be your Pre and Post WO. Eliminate the Natty PB from Pre, and duplicate the same thing for Post and you are solid. Other than that, I am not a big fan of shakes, so I would change 3 and 5 if at all possible. Good job with the veggies as well.

JToolz

Awards
ok thanks for the help bro. I will swap the natty pb into post whey shake.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
What MS said and waaaaay too many shakes man. Unless you are the busiest person on the planet, there is no need for all of those. Replace as many as possible with wholesome "whole foods". Too many liquid meals will hinder gains b/c alot of the liquid meals will just pass right through your digestive tract.

edit: nm...just saw the macro breakdown.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
JMO, I'd throw in some carbs post workout.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I just noticed that...source of carbs PWO is coke. No good man. That'll get you fat just as well as anything else and put you one step closer to diabetes.

Try something like rice or a wheat bagel. The high GI PWO theory has been disproved. You can search for the study's on this forum if you'd like.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Yep...good alternative.

I blend 1/2 c oats + 1 scoop whey + 16oz ff milk

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Not bad at all. Rage suggested to me to chug em(oats) with water...:food:
I can guarantee my oats are better than the chug-em :D even in water, adding a choco protein powder makes it taste semi-normal. without the powder...hmm....yuck.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
ok thanks for the help bro. I will swap the natty pb into post whey shake.
I dont think he was saying to put the pb in your post shake, i think he meant to take it out of the pre and post. I dont think you should have fats like that with post workout because it could slow absorption.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont think he was saying to put the pb in your post shake, i think he meant to take it out of the pre and post. I dont think you should have fats like that with post workout because it could slow absorption.
Yeah, I meant take it out of both Pre and Post and keep the oats and whey. Lipids slow the absorption of protein and are not a good choice Post WO