Breakfast

burymestanding

burymestanding

Awards
Is there ANYTHING else that is good to eat for breakfast BESIDES OATS and EGGS? I know its picky, but I really do hate OATS, and I always seem to run short on time for eggs. Any other fast and easy suggestions?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
whole wheat bread/bagel, some types of cereal (all bran would be best bet), and for protein you could use lean meats and chicen (even though I dont think you would want to eat this right after waking up)

Alot of people will make shakes out of the ingredients (like combine oats, egg whites, protein powder, olive oil and other stuff and make a high cal shake or something they can cook so that they dont have to eat each individual item.

Is your current breakfast just eggs and oats or is there other stuff in it as well?

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
I think leftover pizza would make a good breakfast.:lol:

oh, with protein of course...

burymestanding

burymestanding

Awards
whole wheat bread/bagel, some types of cereal (all bran would be best bet), and for protein you could use lean meats and chicen (even though I dont think you would want to eat this right after waking up)

Alot of people will make shakes out of the ingredients (like combine oats, egg whites, protein powder, olive oil and other stuff and make a high cal shake or something they can cook so that they dont have to eat each individual item.

Is your current breakfast just eggs and oats or is there other stuff in it as well?

thats already sounding alot better to me. My current breakfast sucks, I have a Cliff Bar and an energy drink lol

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day, if at all possible it would be greatly benficial to try to get the oats and eggs down (even shake form or the other things listed above) over the cliff bar and the energy drink lol :saw:

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day, if at all possible it would be greatly benficial to try to get the oats and eggs down (even shake form or the other things listed above) over the cliff bar and the energy drink lol :saw:
I have to ask. Did Bobo recommend the shake idea?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
no its just something anyone can do (and I just found it by looking at recipes and other peoples logs and such)

I dont do it really anymore but its just personal preference nothing Bobo related

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
So wait, are you saying to drink the liquid egg whites raw?

phillyb

phillyb

Awards
I dunno if I would drink down egg whites raw from freshly cracked eggs. However I think I remember reading that you can safely drink Egg Beaters or Liquid Whites raw.

This is how I eat my oats and eggs every morning. I put 1 cup oats and 1.5 cup water in a bowl and nuke it for 2 min 15 sec. Then I take 6 egg whites and add it to the bowl of oatmeal. Stir and nuke for 45 seconds. Do that 2 more times, more or less depending on how thick you like your oats and eggs. I basically like mine like concrete, and thoroughly enjoy putting some sugar free maple syrup in them to give them a little bit of a sweet taste.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
naw dude put the egg whites in a blender, oats, and whey or what ever else you are eating for breakfast and mix it all together. THis will eliminate the need to eat every individual item and it ussually (depending n what you put in) will taste decent. Sometimes you can even make a like pancake out of it (need oats ussually)

Its just a way to get around the individual items if you dont like them.

EDIT**and yes I meant egg beaters when I said egg whites/eggs

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
Thats a really good idea. I think I will go get some oat flour to use instead. Seems like it would probably work out better. If I get sick from drinking egg whites I will let you guys know.

burymestanding

burymestanding

Awards

4thAD

Awards
3/4 cup oatmeal (never instant)
35 grams whey protein
1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter
1 whole banana
1 small handfull strawberries (frozen are cheaper)
1 cup lowfat strawberry bananna or vanilla yogurt (publix)
1 egg (yoke and all, f**k it)
3/4 cup milk
handful of ice

This turns out to be over 55 grams of good protein, great low glycemic and simple carb mix, and is just around 900 calories
It is awesome right before bed, or after breakfast, or post workout

Tip: always grind the oatmeal in the blender by itself first and then add the other ingredients

burymestanding

burymestanding

Awards
3/4 cup oatmeal (never instant)
35 grams whey protein
1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter
1 whole banana
1 small handfull strawberries (frozen are cheaper)
1 cup lowfat strawberry bananna or vanilla yogurt (publix)
1 egg (yoke and all, f**k it)
3/4 cup milk
handful of ice

This turns out to be over 55 grams of good protein, great low glycemic and simple carb mix, and is just around 900 calories
It is awesome right before bed, or after breakfast, or post workout

Tip: always grind the oatmeal in the blender by itself first and then add the other ingredients

mmm, i think i could live off of this haha, thanks!

Evo

Awards
I can eat oats better when they haven't been grinded,getting them out of the pack and putting them in a shaker and adding milk is what i do.
Grinded oats make me heave!!

4thAD

Awards
Its a killer shake especially if you are bulking. I usually drink half now and half later. Its really good with choclate protien. You get the whole peanutbutter choclate effect! Also I usually add flax seed oil to it also!