Modifying My Diet To Bulk

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Roy,
    Your diet looks pretty solid to me. In November I went on a bulking phase that lasted till February. I went from 185lbs at 10.5% to 215 at 12.3%. I was following a 40/40/20 diet. This was a 100% natural bulk. I'm 6'2" btw and a total ecto.

Carbs consisted almost entirely of brown rice and oats. Proteins were mostly the standard lean beef, chicken, and Tuna.

So if you ask me, your diet looks solid. As far as the postworkout/bedtime meal, your kinda stuck between the proverbial rock and a hard place. If thats the only time you can lift, thats just the way it has to be. Because of that, i wouldnt stress about it. Just concentrate on eating clean throughout the day and you should be ok. If anything, since it is pre-bedtime, you might think about increasing the protein to 50% for that meal.I would also do exactly what you are doing, and split it up between Whey ans Cassein to give you that fast acting protein for the post workout, and the slower cassein for while you are asleep.

Good luck and happy bulking.

BTW how did you configure FitDay on a bulking diet? I have the program as well, but when I try to set it up and tell it I want to gain weight, it wont let me do it. I have been using the outdated balance log instead because of this. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Quote Originally Posted by f18jock
    Roy,
    Your diet looks pretty solid to me. In November I went on a bulking phase that lasted till February. I went from 185lbs at 10.5% to 215 at 12.3%. I was following a 40/40/20 diet. This was a 100% natural bulk. I'm 6'2" btw and a total ecto.

Carbs consisted almost entirely of brown rice and oats. Proteins were mostly the standard lean beef, chicken, and Tuna.

So if you ask me, your diet looks solid. As far as the postworkout/bedtime meal, your kinda stuck between the proverbial rock and a hard place. If thats the only time you can lift, thats just the way it has to be. Because of that, i wouldnt stress about it. Just concentrate on eating clean throughout the day and you should be ok. If anything, since it is pre-bedtime, you might think about increasing the protein to 50% for that meal.I would also do exactly what you are doing, and split it up between Whey ans Cassein to give you that fast acting protein for the post workout, and the slower cassein for while you are asleep.

Good luck and happy bulking.

BTW how did you configure FitDay on a bulking diet? I have the program as well, but when I try to set it up and tell it I want to gain weight, it wont let me do it. I have been using the outdated balance log instead because of this. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

It seems to be working well for me and the eating the peanut butter at night instead of post workout meal 2 also seems to be effective. Although I would rather eat the peanut butter with the milk because its easier...

Unfortunatly due to my work schedule that is the only time that I can lift. That was the first think that I tried to alter but to no avail.

About fitday; I am not sure what you are refering to. I don't have a copy of fitday, I just use the online version which doesn't customize diets. I entered in all the foods that I thought I should eat in a day and then tweaked the quantities until the macronutrient ratio came out the way I wanted. So I guess that isn't really a help to you. It would be cool if there were a 'bulking' button that I could hit and it would make a food list for me...
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by precious_roy
    Apologies, I screwed up a bit. My milk intake is a bit more that I had punched into fitday. I have attached the newer file.

Again, thanks for any input that you have or any general knowledge you can provide me with.
    QUick question, with a bulking plan like this how long should a person bulk up? I am thinking of bulking up for two weeks. Is this too short of time or should I go longer or only one week?

4. I suggest trying 1 -2 months to add some serious bulk... can't put on much mass in only 2 weeks.

cc

Similar Forum Threads

1. My transformation to bulk over a year
    By CountryLiftin in forum Pics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 08:30 PM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-13-2009, 03:20 PM
  3. From cut diet to bulk diet
    By michaelr7170 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 09:30 PM