Soft vs Hard

Matrix32

Awards
Newbiee here looking for some tips on getting that hard look vs the soft look. What is the key or keys to looking hard? I appreciate all the advice.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Having some size plus a lowish bodyfat percentage will get you that 'hard' look.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well a soft answer, would be do lots of reps, pay no attention to diet, cardio, and do lots of roids. The "hard" answer would be that one has to find their body type, understand the difference between maintenance kcals, and cutting kcals. Then understand the effects of foods, and their Macro's and how they will benefit your body. And lastly employ a good strength and cardio routine. Wait one more thing... :gotsearch: because what you asking can be answered, through searching, reading and employing... Knowledge is power, know the ledge

Welcome to AM.com use the great minds here, by reading, then poking and prodding...

Matrix32

Awards
Well a soft answer, would be do lots of reps, pay no attention to diet, cardio, and do lots of roids. The "hard" answer would be that one has to find their body type, understand the difference between maintenance kcals, and cutting kcals. Then understand the effects of foods, and their Macro's and how they will benefit your body. And lastly employ a good strength and cardio routine. Wait one more thing... :gotsearch: because what you asking can be answered, through searching, reading and employing... Knowledge is power, know the ledge

Welcome to AM.com use the great minds here, by reading, then poking and prodding...
I must be in the wrong area for help. I was under the impression that one of the reasons to post here is to gain knowledge from those who already have it and while "Searching" for that knoweledge that person would be able to gain from the shared experiences of others and hopefully pass on that knowleged to someone else in need, but apparently I don't have enough rep to get a good answer or maybe I stumbled across the wrong forum.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I must be in the wrong area for help. I was under the impression that one of the reasons to post here is to gain knowledge from those who already have it and while "Searching" for that knoweledge that person would be able to gain from the shared experiences of others and hopefully pass on that knowleged to someone else in need, but apparently I don't have enough rep to get a good answer or maybe I stumbled across the wrong forum.

Wow Matrix, I thought you would have got the sarcasm in my post. I actually provided you with some useful tools as how to get the hard look. Rep points have nothing to do with answers. As many mebers of AM Lurk as I did before posting. I was just talking about reading to learn, then asking for more help, as your post seemed quite newbie like, and not the most researched. I am sorry that you took offense, I am just a sarcastic SouthSide resident that hates the Cubs, do not mind me.:hammer:

Matrix32

Awards
Wow Matrix, I thought you would have got the sarcasm in my post. I actually provided you with some useful tools as how to get the hard look. Rep points have nothing to do with answers. As many mebers of AM Lurk as I did before posting. I was just talking about reading to learn, then asking for more help, as your post seemed quite newbie like, and not the most researched. I am sorry that you took offense, I am just a sarcastic SouthSide resident that hates the Cubs, do not mind me.:hammer:
Sorry, must be the low carbs. I just felt a little brushed off that's all. I hate the Cubs too, but I don't live on the South Side anymore so I see those annoying cubs fans all the time. Thanks for the tips though I'll do more research and ask more blog worthy questions next time.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
A coupla questions... How much do you weigh Bf% and how much do you want to lose, and your activity levels???

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Matrix, a tip a gave somebody else recently, and I think would apply here as well, is to research on legitimate database's pertaining to sports/muscle building first, to gain a basic knowledge first. Then your line of questioning is a little more advanced and the cats on here will be more than willing to assist you. It's just when it is percieved someone has not done an adeqaute amount of research, people get peeved. And welcome to the board! (no sarcasm here)

Matrix32

Awards
A coupla questions... How much do you weigh Bf% and how much do you want to lose, and your activity levels???
Well I weigh about 212lb and I'm not sure about my body fat and I'm not sure how to go about finding that out. I want to lose about 12lbs though.

Matrix32

Awards
Matrix, a tip a gave somebody else recently, and I think would apply here as well, is to research on legitimate database's pertaining to sports/muscle building first, to gain a basic knowledge first. Then your line of questioning is a little more advanced and the cats on here will be more than willing to assist you. It's just when it is percieved someone has not done an adeqaute amount of research, people get peeved. And welcome to the board! (no sarcasm here)
Gotcha thanks I'll put that to good use.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Aww that was nice and fuzzy... So was your cousin trying to kill the prime minister up there? :trout:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Aww that was nice and fuzzy... So was your cousin trying to kill the prime minister up there? :trout:
Shhhh..The jihad will still happen. Death to infadels!!!!