Digestive track - AnabolicMinds.com

Digestive track

Digestive track

Does all this intense eating, even with the healthiest of foods, cause extra wear or any kind of harm to your digestive track or any other part of your body?

I am mostly refering to a diet that consists of eating every 2 hours or 3 large meals.

I've heard that it's healthy to sometimes lay off on the food for a while and let your colen clean itself out and that even fasting for a little while can be helpful.

I've heard glutamine is supposed to help out with the lining of your stomach...something to do with you absorbing your meals better or something...

Bah...I don't know just talking gibberish lol

Sorry I didn't answer your question lol

Shouldn't have the effect you talk about. Eating McDonalds-type foods would seem to be more harmful than eating a bulk amount of healthy foods, especially fiberous foods. Your intestines are just like the rest of your body, they can heal themselves and your intestines are EXTREMELY long if you were to lay them out straight. Don't sweat it mean, eat up.
    •   

Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.

only thing i've noticed from eating lots of clean foods is gas!
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/

.-_

What about your heart?

Every thanksgiving there are many heart attacks and deaths after consuming so much food...

and that's ONE day...
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by flexer505
    What about your heart?

Every thanksgiving there are many heart attacks and deaths after consuming so much food...

and that's ONE day...
    That's more than likely because of family stress than food! I have never heard that, and am not sure how one meal could cause a heart attack. Anyway, to answer your question eating a large amoutn of healthy foods will most likely not do damage to your GI track. It is high-fat, high-cholesterol foods that tax your GI and heart.

I used to eat a lot and it seems like ive always been tryin to bulk but over the past couple of months i have developed some sort of stomach problem where i feel bloated and a lot of discomfort and some times i have trouble getting a fart out, almost like its stuck in there. I recommend if youre worried ,to get some digestive enzymes to help prevent any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by flex167
    I used to eat a lot and it seems like ive always been tryin to bulk but over the past couple of months i have developed some sort of stomach problem where i feel bloated and a lot of discomfort and some times i have trouble getting a fart out, almost like its stuck in there. I recommend if youre worried ,to get some digestive enzymes to help prevent any problems.

Digestive enzymes definatly help! I get HORRIBLE gas with the amounts of healthy food I eat. I forgot to take it often and well, I dont let one rip around anyone, even if I can do it silently since I know it will smell bad, and worst of all linger for a few minutes, lol. I give a whole new meaning Silent But Deadly (SBD).

Quote Originally Posted by snakebyte05
    Digestive enzymes definatly help! I get HORRIBLE gas with the amounts of healthy food I eat. I forgot to take it often and well, I dont let one rip around anyone, even if I can do it silently since I know it will smell bad, and worst of all linger for a few minutes, lol. I give a whole new meaning Silent But Deadly (SBD).
    Are you talking about beano? Does it help digesting protein? I am getting lots of gas now that I am eating all this protein on my bulk

I have recently began taking a NOW Super Digestive Enzymes with most meals. Havent really noticed anything but toilet visits have been more plesent. I also take a lot of soluble and insoluble fiber throughout the day.

This is all part of my health stack, including the above and;

NOW ADAMS mutli
    NOW Super Antioxidants
    Greens+
    lots of green tea
    >10 fruits and veg a day
    >gallon of water

Lowered sodium intake can also help.

But yes digestive enzymes are oustanding for high protein diets. Anyone who has taken a lot of protein powder in a day knows how bad the protein farts can be! AHH. And anyone who has drank a lot of protein and then gone out with a girl knows how hard it is to hold that **** in until the damn girl leaves. After that it feels like you have 29 PSI of pressure in your gut haha.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD

But yes digestive enzymes are oustanding for high protein diets. Anyone who has taken a lot of protein powder in a day knows how bad the protein farts can be! AHH. And anyone who has drank a lot of protein and then gone out with a girl knows how hard it is to hold that **** in until the damn girl leaves. After that it feels like you have 29 PSI of pressure in your gut haha.

Spot on with what you said, when they are gone its like a nonstop fart for a few minutes.

I use the NOW enzymes as well, not beano, the NOW stuff is very good and has helped very much when Iremember to take it.

I would tentatively say yes. More food consumption means more intestinal exposure to carcinogens.... obviously type of diet plays a role here, but keep in mind that one of the only confirmed methods of increasing your lifespan is partaking in a calorie reduced diet. The main theory behind how a high fiber diet prevents cancer is by preventing the interaction between certain carcinogens in food from interacting with your intestine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    and am not sure how one meal could cause a heart attack. Anyway, to answer your question eating a large amoutn of healthy foods will most likely not do damage to your GI track. It is high-fat, high-cholesterol foods that tax your GI and heart.
    One meal is not likely going to give you a heart attack. What causes a myocardial infarct is the build up of cholesterol in the intima of arteries.... this cholesterol is delivered by LDL and VLDL. The cholesterol is then taken up by macro***es to become foam cells. The inflammatory reaction that ensues draws fibroblasts and smooth muscles from the outer layers of the arteries where they do not belong. Hardening of the arteries occurs, reducing the ability of that area to pump blood. The arteries can become so occluded that blood flow is not possible, or the plaque can burst releasing clotting factors and causing a clot to form. This can occlud blood flow, or dislodge and become an embolus, leading to stroke, impaired blood flow to other regions, etc. This is a simplification of how a myocardial infarct can occur.

HDL is responsible for taking cholesterol from the periphery back to the liver for bile synthesis, this is why I always suggest that the ratio of HDL:LDL is much more important than simply looking at serum cholesterol levels.
    cc

Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD

Bump to that, LOL! & reps to Canadian champ

Quote Originally Posted by canadian champ
    One meal is not likely going to give you a heart attack.
    But it could cause CHF. I always expect an increase in admissions on the cardiac floors the day after a holiday. High sodium intake(more on holidays)+previous MI or existing CAD=heart failure
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC

Similar Forum Threads

1. WPI+Digestive track
    By TryinToGetBIG in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2005, 07:06 PM
  2. Tracking Orders
    By Nelson in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-29-2003, 08:25 PM
  3. Tracking Santa!
    By Rhinoman in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0