q on dirty bulking

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
just out of curiosity (I'm not ready for this step yet) How does one achieve a Dirty bulking?

I have alot of body fat to drop on my abdominals so like I said I'm not at the stage that I want a dirty bulk but I am curious what it takes to do it.

R

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
LOL>...this question can't be a serious one.

Any way, I'll humor everyone.

IT IS NEVER A GOOD TIME TO DIRTY BULK.

Conclusion: IT IS NEVER A GOOD TIME TO DIRTY BULK.

Dirty bulk means you eat like crap. IT IS NEVER A GOOD TIME TO DIRTY BULK.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
just out of curiosity (I'm not ready for this step yet) How does one achieve a Dirty bulking?

I have alot of body fat to drop on my abdominals so like I said I'm not at the stage that I want a dirty bulk but I am curious what it takes to do it.
By eating unhealthy...you're joking right?

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
no mainly cuz I'm basically new to weight lifting terminology.

but I can't eat right to save my neck...I hate cooking and I'm VERY picky about food. I do exorcise though (why else would I be here).

with that q being answered. i heard running is best for getting rid of abdominal body fat. Is it true?

I

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Your diet and sufficient exercise are the key factors in losing abdominal fat. Diet being the most important.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
no mainly cuz I'm basically new to weight lifting terminology.

but I can't eat right to save my neck...I hate cooking and I'm VERY picky about food. I do exorcise though (why else would I be here).

with that q being answered. i heard running is best for getting rid of abdominal body fat. Is it true?
Thats fine bro. You;re gonna have to get over the pickyness. It sucks for a while, but eventually you get used to it. A proper diet is at least as important as cardio when trying to lose fat.

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
Your diet and sufficient exercise are the key factors in losing abdominal fat. Diet being the most important.

May God be with me. :( It's gonna take nothing short of an act of God to get me to eat right.

I'm feeling eating wrong is an addiction. God help me :)

S

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
May God be with me. :( It's gonna take nothing short of an act of God to get me to eat right.

I'm feeling eating wrong is an addiction. God help me :)
Eating is an addiction to everyone. You dont eat, you die, that is why you everyone likes food. One thing that bothers me is those that say they are addicted to food which is why they eat badly. No, the answer is they have no fvcking will power, that is why they eat bad. Every person who eats healthy would rather be stuffing their face with cheeseburgers and pizza with a beer on the side or something else besides the tuna they are eating. You can do it, but it will be hard at first, I just recently cleaned up my diet A LOT. I am eating very healthy, 6 times a day right now. It was not easy at the start but it gets easier as time goes on.

(The addiction part was not meant towards you, just in general, I know you were making a joke)

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
actually I was kinna serious. But I agree, I do have little will power, and it's been a problem with my life for a long time. The question becomes how do I beat my own lack of will power (just do it never helps with me, it fails, miserably)

S

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Start off one meal a day being healthy. Maybe weak one you make sure you eat one good meal that day, maybe it is a can of tuna, a protien shake, and some cottage cheese or something like that. Than week 2 you eat 2 good meals a day, by week 6 you will be eating 6 (small) healthy meals a day. Trying working your way up to it.

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
ic, left overs would be good. I do use lean meat when I cook for myself. Problem is I'm not really a breakfast guy and sandwiches drive me up the wall.

I

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
ic, left overs would be good. I do use lean meat when I cook for myself. Problem is I'm not really a breakfast guy and sandwiches drive me up the wall.
I was never a breakfast person either when I was younger, but I just learned to force myself to get up a little earlier and force it down. Its hard at the beginning, but once you get it down, you'll want to eat breakfast otherwise the hunger pains can be unbearable.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It doesn't have to be all brutal dude..If you hate healthy food, get some raisin (or whatever fruit) bread, toast it slap some margarine and cinnamon on it and you're good to go. That isn't the healthiest thing, not my diet, but it's something for you to work off of. Unitl you can fully commit to a 100% clean diet, take baby steps. Modify healthy foods so they are still healthy, but you can choke them down. Then slowly make them healthier and healthier. And about being a non-breakfast eater here's a tip..Wait 1/2-1 hour after waking up before you eat. Often times non-breakfast people just can't fathom eating while they are so tired. So wake up 1/2 earlier, shower, get dressed, do your thing, then eat..

C

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
another thing I've noticed that helps if you're not a morning eater:
wake up and eat a little something. maybe a banana or something. 30 min later have your real breakfast.
you'll be able to eat a 1000 Cal breakfast if you wanted to if you do this.
I do :food:

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
ic...fuji apple sounds good, I'll have to get some.

Markio

Markio

Awards
actually I was kinna serious. But I agree, I do have little will power, and it's been a problem with my life for a long time. The question becomes how do I beat my own lack of will power (just do it never helps with me, it fails, miserably)
You just need a reason not to cheat. Set yourself goals, go on the internet and get pics of people who have the physique you want, that will help you visualise where you are heading. Everytime you train/jog/eat right visualise yourself one step closer to your goal - but if you eat a big mac you have set yourself back a stage and your goals will take longer to achieve. Don't underestimate the power of positive thinking for motivation either!

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
yeah I got some pictures on Arnold when he was Mr. Olympia. I'm thinking that I need to be a smaller version of him. I have a body type that is alot like a Zack Thomas, average height (5'9 to Thomas's 5'10) and a Tank body type. I just need to drop body fat and then do a clean bulking to 215. I need to be around 150lb to get the body fat almost gone. I gotta drop about 50 lbs.

Any suplements without caffine that helps burn body fat?

Markio

Markio

Awards
dude you can drop 50 pounds easy with proper diet and exercise - spend the money on food rather than supps.

best 'supp' i had for dropping fat was ice cold water - works nicely.

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
ic, so which one is better, gatoraide or poweraide? I know they have some different ingredients.

B

bearmeat

Awards
  • Established
ic, so which one is better, gatoraide or poweraide? I know they have some different ingredients.
Both drinks contain maltodextrin which is a very high GI carb source and as a result has a higher tendency to be stored as fat. You should stay away from both of these drinks, there is no need for them if you are trying to cut fat.

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
k but the problem is I can't stand tap water, filtered water, and bottled water's after taste. I also can't stand stevia and stuff like it it always tastes bitter to me.

So any ideas?

K

krenalor

Awards
k but the problem is I can't stand tap water, filtered water, and bottled water's after taste. I also can't stand stevia and stuff like it it always tastes bitter to me.

So any ideas?
What the heck water are you drinking that has any taste? Filtered water I drink has no taste and neither should yours!

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
What the heck water are you drinking that has any taste? Filtered water I drink has no taste and neither should yours!
Actually different waters do taste...different to each other imo.

If you really have to add some flavouring to your water.

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
Maybe add crystal light to your water? I don't know.

B

Beebs

Awards
Thought about that propel stuff?

Seriously though, I'm not being mean when I say that you really can't be so picky and expect to reach your goals. Sounds cliche but, no pain no gain right? :thumbsup:

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
I would imagine that propel would get a little pricy... You need to be drinking alot of water. I drink 2-3 gallons per day at 227lbs.. just sack up and get used to eating (and drinking) stuff that isnt the best tasting. It gets easier I promise, especially when you start seeing the results in the mirror..

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
dirty bulking does sound awesome though!!!!:pizza:

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
yea dude they old saying that breakfast is the most important meal of the day is true your body has been fasting all night and the most important time to eat high protien meals is in the morning as soon as you wake up within 30 min after your workout and before bed so do your self a favor and eat a good breakfast!!

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
Yeah, one of the things is that I'm not really educated as to what all is healthy and I have trouble putting together what all is out there that is healthy for me. Seems like the whole grocery store is bad for me just walking into the place. Hydrogenated oil oozing from the ceiling ya know?

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
chicken and steak you cant go wrong there as long as you stay away from fried foods and only use olive oil instead of veggie oil also mrp or just a good protien shake but use milk and not water i use nonfat milk myself also peanut butter and bannana sandwiches mmmm one of my favs high in protien tastes great with a big glass of milk

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
yeah I sware by protein shakes with milk. And my dad can't eat fried foods cuz of cholestrol and trans fat and he uses EVOO alot (I kinna like it that way) and he breads chicken and bakes it raither than fries it. He does a bunch of other stuff thats healthy that I eat alot too.

Maybe that's why I'm droppin weight so fast. My diet he says isn't all that much different than his.

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
sorry for the double post. Just wanted to get everybodys attention.

I found a cheaper alternative to Propel and I bought some. It's called Poweraide Option. It's missing alot of ingrediants in gatorade and still has alot of good stuff in it.

I got Lemon, Black Cherry, and Strawberry. It says it's naturally flavored.

B

B4n3 0n3

Thought about that propel stuff?

Seriously though, I'm not being mean when I say that you really can't be so picky and expect to reach your goals. Sounds cliche but, no pain no gain right? :thumbsup:

True that. Mcwirefan man you sound really picky when you can't even drink normal water. You got to show discipline!

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
I have, I'm actually drinking filtered water with most of my meals now. It's a struggle but I'm gettin there.

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
thanks. seems like occasionally I'm loosing motivation and cheating on the weekends, so I'm presently working on surrounding myself with pictures to motivate me. Also I'm working on buying Arnold flicks for motivation. I'm gonna buy Predator, and T2 (I hate Terminator 1, he needed more of a speaking role and less stalking in my opinion). Are there any other Arnold Action movies that aren't so gay? (seems like some of his very first ones are a lil gay with the costumes but through the 80's seems to be his best stuff) really I wish they'd find a Body Builder to do more action movies, cuz the Rock to me just ain't cuttin it, he ain't swole enough to take the place of Arnold. Arnold is the man still in my opinion.

B

Beebs

Awards
Stick with it man. I do cheat sometimes on the weekends too when I'm with my girlfriend. It helps keep me sane. You can do it.:dance:

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Get Pumping Iron... the most inspirational Arnold flick ever

A

akp2004

Awards
After reading all of the posts, to summarize....

Nail a good repeatable breakfast, like oats + protein powder + some low fat cheese or meat you can eat day in and day out without trouble.

Make two big sandwiches and eat those as your main solid food meals.

Have an MRP with Skim Milk 3x a day.

Track your calories is easy this way, either have 400, 500, or 600 calories and make sure you have 50 grams protein per meal.

Do this consistently, and you'll gain muscle, and you can figure out how much to eat, to gain muscle with minimal fat.

If you need to cut fat, and that's the bottom line, do this first. The same meal approach will still work.

Eventually, after just learning to prepare your meals, as simple as these are (they should take you like 15 total minutes per day), you'll realize you can go the extra 15-20 minutes and start preparing better meal choices.

Take a greens supplement to counter you arent eating alot of veggies, with the above meal plan and you'll do well.

This of course - sucks compared to what you could do instead, but it will work, and has worked for many people trying to add muscle in college, and in less than ideal eating circumstances.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm sorry for not making an informative post, but don't dirty bulk, or else you'll be all:

**** a six pack got-ta pack a rolls
Tryna put my house on food patrol
Cuz I use-my-fork as a dea-dly we-apon
Wendy's my *****, yo punk ya steppin?
Love Arby's an' da King's the sh!t
Ronald's my homie, Big Mac's legit
**** the Green Giant he-can kiss my ass
Mullet don't eat sh!t that comes from grass
Face is all derty with pizza grease
Go ahead ***** call the food police
I ain't scared **** I'll eat em too
Only thing scares me is takin poo

They hatinnnnnnnnnn
Fitdayinnnnnnnnnnnn
Not weighinnnn-my food
Because I'm bulking dirrrrrrrty
Tryna catch me bulkin dirrrty
Tryna catch me bulkin dirrrty

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
HAHAHA.... CHAMOMILLE-IONAIRE!!! funny crap mullet

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
T1 is not gay :nono:

as for arnold movies Pumping Iron is your best bet. I would also reccomend Rambo (not arnold but Sly is great too) and Rocky (again not Arnold but Sly is a bad ass too.)

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
agreed.... anothe motivational Arnold flick... Junior. and lets not forget Kindergarten Cop!!! :thumbsup:

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
I didn't say T1 was gay I just said I hated it cuz he needed more lines. But its one of the best movies he's ever done.

I did say however that some of the early ones towards the late 70's was gay (some of the costumes was borderline gayfer)

I'll see if I can find Pumping Iron. I'll also try to get T2. But for Sly Cliffhanger was a good one. (Lithgow always plays a pretty good badguy) Oh snap! Forgot about Dolph Lundgren! Well there's Rocky IV and Red Scorpion. :) Assasins was a good Sly movie too

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
Well I got 5 Arnold Movies for 30 bucks. I got the Arnold Collection (I'm not spelling his last name it'll drive me nuts) and another DVD with 2 movie on it. So heres my collection so far

Commando
Predator
True Lies
Collateral Damage
Eraser

Next on my list
T2
T3 with Pumping Iron included