Have no clue where to start....

usmceric

Awards
First off, i have no idea what everyone is talking about as far as supplements go. I eat very good. I have been using the Fitday.com food tracker. I am about 162lbs. in the morning. I am also 5'6 with a small frame. I would like to bulk up about 10lbs..as of right now I am about 10.5%bf. Doesn't sound like much, but I don't wanna be gigantic, just a little bigger and solid. I take a multi-vitamin right now and I do a protein shke everyday with a NO booster. I am definitely interested in a nice combination of supplements to help me out. I go to the gym for about 2hrs. everyday. I know I am getting stronger, but more muscle is eluding me. I will post in the nutrition section as far as caloric intake, in here I want to know about what supps to take and when. Thanks......

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Spend all of your time in there. You'll accomplish your goals just by getting your diet in check. Dont worry about supps.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Decrease gym time to 1 hour, hour 15 tops. There is no reason to be in the gym that long unless you are doing cardio after lifting, which I would switch to seperate days for bulking.

Get a meal plan and post that up with hours that you are eating and a macro nutrient breakdown at the end.

Look at my Jungle Warfare along with previous logs for an awesome start on the exercise front. Also Hypertrophy Specific Training - HST, would be another good workout to read up on.

Welcome btw.

Were/Are you in the Corps? We got a couple former Devil Dogs here.

usmceric

Awards
I will post my results with the fitday log, then I will see what feedback I get. I will try going with 40/40/20 for about 3500 calories a day. I am going to try and stay away from processed foods altogether. I think I eat alot today, so I will do 2 protein shakes a day instead of the usual 1. I serving gives me 626 calories/15.5g fat(5 sat)/75.5 g carbs(5g fiber)/46g protein.....not counting the 2 cups skim milk I use to mix it. So that should help me alot with the calorie intake. I will try to cut down on my workout time and get more rest. But I am addicted to the gym....its like a drug. Anyways I am still in the Marine Corps...just in the active reserve side now...I was active duty up until last year. I am also in the Airwing side, not the Ground side unfortunately.