Weight Gain?

  1. Weight Gain?


    Hey Guys I'm John and I came to you guys for some weight gaining ideas.

    I'm 6'4 @ 168.

    I'm going to be starting Varsity Basketball as a Junior next year and I want to know how I can gain a lot of weight.

    I'm trying to lift every day, taking Myoplex Protein shakes before and after I lift.

    What should I do to help get myself stronger and bigger?


  2. I answered in this thread, just stick to one thread instead of double posting it, just respond back in http://anabolicminds.com/forum/anabo...-lot-help.html

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Stretch23
    Hey Guys I'm John and I came to you guys for some weight gaining ideas.

    I'm 6'4 @ 168.

    I'm going to be starting Varsity Basketball as a Junior next year and I want to know how I can gain a lot of weight.

    I'm trying to lift every day, taking Myoplex Protein shakes before and after I lift.

    What should I do to help get myself stronger and bigger?
    I use a protein called Muscle Juice 2544, It comes with loads of evertything you need,lots of protein , complex carbs, fat, and lots of calories . that is a biggie for you. Try to increase your caloric intake 200 calories a day or so, you should start seeing weight gains if not add more calories. I went from150 -175 from october to april. not with that only but you get the point
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by Stretch23
    Hey Guys I'm John and I came to you guys for some weight gaining ideas.

    I'm 6'4 @ 168.

    I'm going to be starting Varsity Basketball as a Junior next year and I want to know how I can gain a lot of weight.

    I'm trying to lift every day, taking Myoplex Protein shakes before and after I lift.

    What should I do to help get myself stronger and bigger?
    i ould say eat everything you can that is healthy. if you want to gain quality muscle then eat quality foods. eat every 2-3 hours not a huge meal but a good amount of calories. should help with the gain.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by SHADOW2492
    I use a protein called Muscle Juice 2544, It comes with loads of evertything you need,lots of protein , complex carbs, fat, and lots of calories . that is a biggie for you. Try to increase your caloric intake 200 calories a day or so, you should start seeing weight gains if not add more calories. I went from150 -175 from october to april. not with that only but you get the point
    I advise to NOT use Muscle Juice 2544. It is a complete weight gainer with tons of worthless Hi-GI carbs. You just need to eat more food.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by doggzj
    I advise to NOT use Muscle Juice 2544. It is a complete weight gainer with tons of worthless Hi-GI carbs. You just need to eat more food.
    agreed. muscle juice is the only weight gainer i've ever used that actually hurts my stomache the very moment it goes down. still not sure why that is. it is also the cheapest weight gainer /10 pds. that i've seen though.

  7. I started at 6'6" and 185. I put on a lot of muscle when I first started working out, but I never put on any real weight until I started using those high GI weight gainers that I always see people discouraging on this forum. I was specifically using Serious Mass. I added it to my diet of healthy food and was often able to gain 10lb in 2 weeks. Of course some of it is fat, but with our build, that's fine.

    When I'm bulked up like that I am also stronger. By the way, lift heavy. Sets of 4-6. You shouldn't be able to do a seventh rep on any set. Check out ast-ss.com and go to max ot workout.

    I have been working out for about four years now and I weigh 230 lbs using heavy lifting, good eating and lots of weight gainer.

    Good Luck.
  8. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    you should be able to gain with eating good lean foods and throwing in some protein shakes every now and then. post up what you are consuming at this point and we can all help you from there.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by axekick
    I started at 6'6" and 185. I put on a lot of muscle when I first started working out, but I never put on any real weight until I started using those high GI weight gainers that I always see people discouraging on this forum. I was specifically using Serious Mass. I added it to my diet of healthy food and was often able to gain 10lb in 2 weeks. Of course some of it is fat, but with our build, that's fine.
    If you had simply upped your healthy diet calorie count by the amount contained in your shakes, you would have been able grow without the weight gainers.

  10. Oh my!!! Very tall for 185!

    You better get like 6000 cals a day to put some meat on, high carbs, high protein, medium fat, then do a cutting cycle to rid yourself of the fat gain. all I can say is EAT EAT EAT!

    n-large shakes will help or mass meal

    Maybe its time to get some professional help I know BoBo does training on here and all his customers are very happy.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by axekick
    I started at 6'6" and 185. I put on a lot of muscle when I first started working out, but I never put on any real weight until I started using those high GI weight gainers that I always see people discouraging on this forum. I was specifically using Serious Mass. I added it to my diet of healthy food and was often able to gain 10lb in 2 weeks. Of course some of it is fat, but with our build, that's fine.

    When I'm bulked up like that I am also stronger. By the way, lift heavy. Sets of 4-6. You shouldn't be able to do a seventh rep on any set. Check out ast-ss.com and go to max ot workout.

    I have been working out for about four years now and I weigh 230 lbs using heavy lifting, good eating and lots of weight gainer.

    Good Luck.
    i would lean towards agreeing with you on this one...... although serious mass is not the best weight gainer, too high on carbs & sugar, but it sure beats pizza or burgers if you wanna pack on the pounds.

    btw, i don't remember now, but does serious mass use whey protein, or the crap protein that makes you fart.

  12. I have tried other gainers like cytogainer, but serious mass has worked the best. I'm not so skinny now, and I've been as big as 240 with serious mass, and I'm by no means fat, although my bfc is surely higher than it was when I was 185.

    By the way, I work full time, and am a 3/4 time college student studying math and I'm married. I don't think there is any way I could eat enough to gain any substantial amount of weight. If I could, I would no doubt preferr it, but we do what we can.:squat:

    Oh yeah, as far as I know it is all whey, but I just bought some XXL by ABB. Turns out to taste exactly the same and I wouldn't be surprised if they come from the same place. I just looked at the ingredients on that and the protein comes from whey casienate and egg.
  13. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by FitnFirm
    Oh my!!! Very tall for 185!

    You better get like 6000 cals a day to put some meat on, high carbs, high protein, medium fat, then do a cutting cycle to rid yourself of the fat gain. all I can say is EAT EAT EAT!

    n-large shakes will help or mass meal

    Maybe its time to get some professional help I know BoBo does training on here and all his customers are very happy.
    shoot, you should have seen me before. I was 6'7" at 158lbs before I started lifting. Got to 225lbs before I broke my arm, went down to 195lbs and am now back up to 203lbs and working on getting my weight back.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Anti-depressants and weight gain
    By custom in forum Supplements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-03-2014, 05:33 PM
  2. 1-AD/weight gain
    By TheLabRat in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-26-2004, 12:37 PM
  3. weight gain... big time
    By Squiboy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-21-2004, 01:45 AM
  4. Trans fat can increase weight gain!
    By windwords7 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-30-2003, 09:11 PM
  5. Weight Gains 101(good read)
    By SHOT in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-07-2003, 04:28 PM
Log in
Log in