Bulking on Cycle?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. [QUOTE=myfathersboy]That's true, but I still believe that MOST people are not going to be able to do that kind of training without eventually overtraining.
    QUOTE]

Yeah I can understand eventually overtraining for most but just for the short duration of 3 weeks with a little priming beforehand should work well. I guess we could go on and on.. haha

2. [QUOTE=thedon3534]
    Quote Originally Posted by myfathersboy
    That's true, but I still believe that MOST people are not going to be able to do that kind of training without eventually overtraining.
    QUOTE]

Yeah I can understand eventually overtraining for most but just for the short duration of 3 weeks with a little priming beforehand should work well. I guess we could go on and on.. haha
    It saddens me that that's all you were able to gain from my last post....
    •   

3. [QUOTE=myfathersboy]
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon3534

It saddens me that that's all you were able to gain from my last post....
    Not to be rude.... but I didnt need to gain anything from your post.. All I was doing was continuing a discussion we had earlier. I looked at all of your points and YES if you don't have experience with lifting then maybe it is not necessarily smart to change your routine drastically. But as I said before, you should push it on a cycle especially if it is short (around 4 weeks). That could mean adding more sets or hitting the muscle more frequently (more than once a week) because of added recovery. If I didn't know any better I would think that you are becoming somewhat condescending.

4. [QUOTE=thedon3534]

Not to be rude.... but I didnt need to gain anything from your post.. All I was doing was continuing a discussion we had earlier. I looked at all of your points and YES if you don't have experience with lifting then maybe it is not necessarily smart to change your routine drastically. But as I said before, you should push it on a cycle especially if it is short (around 4 weeks). That could mean adding more sets or hitting the muscle more frequently (more than once a week) because of added recovery. If I didn't know any better I would think that you are becoming somewhat condescending.
    i am going to have to agree with this 100%. just came of a cycle and hit every muscle twice a week. one day high intensity other day low. i am onmy pct right now and i feel fin. strength still fine and body is feeling fine. i have cut back the volume a large amount to compensate for the short over load and it seems to be working perfectly.

5. Quote Originally Posted by myfathersboy
    That's true, but I still believe that MOST people are not going to be able to do that kind of training without eventually overtraining.

Plus, bottom line is that on cycle is not really the time to experiment with new training styles...Any new regimine is going to require a period of adjustment to get 'dialed in'...on cycle is just not the ideal time for this kind of experimentation because:

A. You force yourself to use an unfamiliar protocol.

B. It's difficult to quantify results when you change more than one thing at a time.

I'm not saying that training this way is not viable...I'm merely suggesting that it's probably not viable for most people, and certainly not during a cycle.
    Yea, definitaly don't do something new during a cycle. Not good to have multiple variables.

On a side note, I'm a genetic freak apparently

6. [QUOTE=thedon3534]

Not to be rude...But obviously you did...

But hey....have it your way lil fella....

I apologize if I came off as condescending (up until this post...just so you have reference point...second sentence=condescending...sorry , I just couldn't resist). And not to put too fine a point on it but...If I didnt know any better I would think that you were suggesting that anybody whose opinion conflicts with yours 'lacks experience'...

The original poster asked a question, and I gave an opinion based on the experiences of myself and most of the people I have spoken to....Obviously, based on the replys in this post, People who can (or believe they can) train in this way are more common than I believed, although I will continue to believe, until I see evidence to the contrary, that most still attain better results by training in a more 'traditional' way.

You train your way I'll train mine..I just don't think it's a good idea to suggest this way of thinking to a new trainee.

On the bright side (or maybe not) the original poster seems to have lost interest in this thread anyway, so it's all academic at this point

7. Allright... I just didn't want it to be absolute for the guy NOT to possibly lift a muscle group 2x/week. Like you said... you'll lift your way I will lift mine, we should make sure the guy sees there are different ways to lift. As for being a lil fella... I am 6 foot 2 and 260 lbs. 10-12% bf (not saying that equals knowledge)

8. Quote Originally Posted by thedon3534
    Allright... I just didn't want it to be absolute for the guy NOT to possibly lift a muscle group 2x/week. Like you said... you'll lift your way I will lift mine, we should make sure the guy sees there are different ways to lift. As for being a lil fella... I am 6 foot 2 and 260 lbs. 10-12% bf (not saying that equals knowledge)
    Yeah, I was kidding about the lil fella thing....not sure if you caught that ....hell Don, We're damn near the same size!!! I'm 6'4" and 306 and....ummmmm, well.....body fat is about (looks at the ground, kicks the dirt off his shoes and blushes) 18-20%....finishing up a cycle/bulk right now....cutting after PCT in about 6 weeks....Tired of being fat, but definately gonna miss the additional freedom with my diet....I'm your classic bulking fatty...I just always seem to put on a little too much body fat during bulking...ahhh well, seems to work for me.... I'll be shooting for about 260

You're right about that though, one should not rule out any options until they are given a chance, sorry if my last post came off as being harsh....I'm a cranky little b1tch right now

9. Quote Originally Posted by myfathersboy
    Yeah, I was kidding about the lil fella thing....not sure if you caught that ....hell Don, We're damn near the same size!!! I'm 6'4" and 306 and....ummmmm, well.....body fat is about (looks at the ground, kicks the dirt off his shoes and blushes) 18-20%....finishing up a cycle/bulk right now....cutting after post cycle therapy in about 6 weeks....Tired of being fat, but definately gonna miss the additional freedom with my diet....I'm your classic bulking fatty...I just always seem to put on a little too much body fat during bulking...ahhh well, seems to work for me.... I'll be shooting for about 260

You're right about that though, one should not rule out any options until they are given a chance, sorry if my last post came off as being harsh....I'm a cranky little b1tch right now
    yes im the classic bulking fatty too. it just seems to pile on.

Similar Forum Threads

1. bulking on cycle
    By onthemove in forum Bulking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-18-2012, 02:26 AM
  2. carb cyling/bulking on cycle
    By greekgeorge in forum Bulking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-06-2011, 12:28 AM
  3. Bulking on a cycle, what to expect?
    By Althalus in forum Bulking
    Replies: 3