Bulkin' up here... any one care to critique?

Berserk

Banned
Awards
Could you guys critique my diet? I'm trying to bulk up.
First of all, my stats are:

6'3", 218lbs @ 11-14% BF
I've been lifting seriously for a couple of years now, but only in the last year have I taken my diet serious. I've made a lot more gains since I have started to do so. I wish I had done more research when I first started to lift.:frustrate

Here's my average daily intake:

4,505 calories, 255g of pro, 462.5g of carbs, 192.5g of fats (mainly mono fats). That's approx. 30/50/20 (P/C/F). Is that too dirty? Are those enough calories? It's too much fat, isn't it? I respect most of your opinions on here (I use "search" and read what you guys say a lot), so any comments will be appreciated. Thanks in advance, guys.

By the way, this might be a new guy thing, but it really is great to be able to read comments from such a knowledgeable group of guys that care about lifting as much as I do. Was that too emotional?... :run:

Berserk

Banned
Awards
Oh, and by the way... no cardio. None. Zero. That's okay, right?

NickyNoNames

NickyNoNames

Awards
i would think about uping your protien intake. for your weight i would think atleast around 300gs

and some cardio is good but not to much. i only do about a total of 50 minutes cardio per week (10 minutes a day) just to burn away some rough spots.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Even if I were bulking there's no way I would take 200 grams of fat in a day unless I was being assisted chemically.

Without knowing much about you I would feel safer and cleaner running something like...

400 Protein
450 Carbs
80 Fats

Or playing with some figures like that. Calories are going to depend on your lifestyle etc. You could bulk up nicely with less calories depending on your level of fitness among other things.