how much protein does one need?
- 04-26-2006, 11:57 AM
- 06-11-2006, 02:51 AM
6'3 188lbs 6.8% bf currently
cant seem to get higher than 190 and lower than 180 no matter what I do lol. Starving, Sickness, 4000+ calories... ahhhhh
Umm, protein-wise. Just a thought here. Why do you guys say per lb of bodyweight. We all know the total body isnt made of muscle. So why take in the extra protein for the fat as well?
- 06-11-2006, 01:37 PM
well, trench you have a point, but i do count the lean wieght only and there for feed it with necesary amount of protien
06-11-2006, 02:28 PM
Well remember that your protein intake isn't just for building muscle, it's for maintanence of your body plus I do believe it is the main activator of metabolism and gives off a thermo-effect in the process so not all the protein you take in is used for maintanence and repair.
06-11-2006, 03:49 PM
190lbs, 11% BFOriginally Posted by wideguy
Similar Forum Threads
- By jakesnake771 in forum Weight LossReplies: 19Last Post: 05-26-2014, 01:49 PM
- By planetfuzz in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 39Last Post: 12-01-2012, 03:51 PM
- By want2lose in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 3Last Post: 02-07-2011, 12:47 PM
- By MuscleGuyinNY in forum SupplementsReplies: 2Last Post: 01-04-2008, 08:28 AM
- By Dr Nick in forum Molecular NutritionReplies: 22Last Post: 10-02-2007, 09:24 PM