1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.27%

My Carb Timing Lean Bulk

Basic Stats:
    Ht: 6'4
    Wt: 180

So I've decided to try and build muscle and lose fat at the same time for the summer. I know this is hard, but by using a carb timing diet i think it can be done. Im still a little confused on the diet so if anyone has any input plz reply, thanks. Keep in mind I am a student so my diet has to be somewhat flexible.

So with a carb timing diet for 5 days straight Mon-Fri I will eat basically no carbs up until post workout where I will eat 65-100 carbs. Then thats it for the night. The idea is to use fat as a fuel instead of carbs, in order for the body to do so my diet needs to have at least 40% fat ratio.

Heres what a typical day looks like for me diet wise

735 am Meal 1) 1 whole boiled egg, 5 egg white omelet with 1 slice of non fat american cheese, 1 scoop whey protein

meal 2) 10 45am 2 cups non fat cottage cheese, 10g fish oil, 5-10 almonds, low carb low fat high protein shake

Meal 3) 145pm Skinless Chicken Breast and a small lean grilled steak with 1tblspoon of olive oil

Meal 4) 445 pm 5 egg white omelet w/ non fat american cheese, 1/2 cup cottage cheese w/ 20 almonds, one instone pudding, 3 oz of drained tuna, 10 g fish oil

Meal 5 Pre w/o) 630) 1 scoop whey protein

Meal 6 post w/o) 8pm Carb time...1 banana, 1 grapefruit, 1 apple, 2 scoops whey protein

Meal 7 9 15 pm, 1 filet of salmon/snapper with 1 tblspoon olive oil 5 g fish oil, 10 almonds

Meal 8) 1130pm 1 scoop casein protein, 1/2 cup cottage cheese with 15 almonds

This usually comes about to be anywhere from 3000-3500 calories....I know I am using almonds too much probably I ordered some flaxseed so I wont depend on almonds too much in a few days. I also am having at least 100 ozs of water on non workout days and around 200oz on workout days.
    Saturday and Sunday are my carb up days when i eat 40/40/20
    Workout Routine.

I have weight training three days a week at school, but most of my workouts are at home b/c I enjoy it more and its less crowded and better machines.

Monday 5pm 15 minutes of HIIT cardio about 200 calories and then about 20 minutes of abs. 7pm at home Chest and bis

Tuesday 15 minutes of HIIT Cardio about 200 calories and then triceps/abs

Wednesdday Lower body

Thursday Back/Shoulders/Traps

Friday Chest Bis

Saturday Legs and Tris

Sunday Off/maybe cardio

Current Supplements:
    1) Green Bulge
    2) Nitrix N02
    3) Multi Mineral/Vitamin
    4) Vitamin B Complex
    5) Chromium
    6) Basic Cuts
    7) Lean Extreme
    8) Fish oil, flaxseed (soon).

So thats it, I have gained about 20lbs of muscle in 3 months eating about 50/40/10, but want to try to get really lean and big for the summer. I'll get pics as soon as my camerca gets fixed. Any advice/input is appreciated thanks.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.27%

Here my Diet Stats for today this is not counting post workout carbs.

Cals 3204 Fat 137g Carbs 51g Protein 422g

Burned 200 cals doing cardio and lifted for about 30 minutes
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.29%

I think a 40/40/20 diet would work much better then a super low carb diet...JMO
    •   

4. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

don't expect to gain muscle taking in only 60-100g of carbs during the week
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.82%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

those are some low ass carbs. perhaps try carb cycling instead.
  6. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.43%

just my $0.02

I was under the impression that muscles rely on glycogen (the energy they use for fuel) to perform work. When bodybuilders replace carbohydrate with protein in their diet, they have lower muscle stores of glycogen. For that reason, a high protein/low carbohydrate diet cannot provide enough glycogen for our muscles, so we feel weak, tired, and fatigue quickly.

As a result, it's important for a bodybuilder to take in enough carbs. I am not sure 100 carbs a day only on workout days is enough. Carbs are used to fuel the muscles that we need to help build lean body mass. Lots of extra protein by itself will not add muscular bulk -- carbohydrates actually spare protein so that it can be used to repair muscle tissue, which is how we build muscular strength and size.

Can anyone else elaborate a bit more???? Please correct me if I have my head up my azz
  7. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.1%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin13
    just my $0.02

I was under the impression that muscles rely on glycogen (the energy they use for fuel) to perform work. When bodybuilders replace carbohydrate with protein in their diet, they have lower muscle stores of glycogen. For that reason, a high protein/low carbohydrate diet cannot provide enough glycogen for our muscles, so we feel weak, tired, and fatigue quickly.

As a result, it's important for a bodybuilder to take in enough carbs. I am not sure 100 carbs a day only on workout days is enough. Carbs are used to fuel the muscles that we need to help build lean body mass. Lots of extra protein by itself will not add muscular bulk -- carbohydrates actually spare protein so that it can be used to repair muscle tissue, which is how we build muscular strength and size.

Can anyone else elaborate a bit more???? Please correct me if I have my head up my azz
    Muscle can use fat for lower-intensity work but glucose/glycogen is the preferred fuel. IME, having tried high carb and low carb for both cutting and bulking, low carb just plain sucks for both. While fat can fuel work is seems that the body downgrades lean tissue priority in the absence of sufficient dietary carbohydrate.

No offense but I dont think your plan will yield the results you expect.
    Last edited by Nitrox; 05-03-2006 at 01:48 AM.
  8. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.43%

I agree Nitrox but am curious to see his results.

Any updates available ssor1005????
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.27%

Yes sorry, Just had SATS so been busy. So far I've stuck to the diet about 100%, Im up to 185lbs and have definitely lost some fat, abs are really cutting up. I'd say im down a solid 2-3% bf. I stopped Nitrix and am on No-xplode and am loving it. I guess I am lucky in that I respond well to low carbohydrates, as my energy levels remain pretty high. I stopped green bulge to try to get as lean as possible as well. I am also going up each time in the gym with lifts. There is no doubt this diet is hard, and is not for some but so far i'd give it a 10/10.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.27%

Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    don't expect to gain muscle taking in only 60-100g of carbs during the week
    I wouldn't expect to, but I am somehow. Each week I am really seeing more mass no joke.

Similar Forum Threads

1. My 5 Month Lean-Bulk Cycle
    By NavyMuscle29 in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-29-2011, 10:54 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-02-2007, 08:03 PM
  3. critique my lean bulk shake
    By sundevil04 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-21-2006, 06:22 AM
  4. critique my lean bulk shake