New Diet??? Lill guidance?

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
Can I post my diet one last time. Hopefully no flames and I promise I'll change whatever you guys say. I'm only up 6lbs from the start, but need the weight and need it clean....

500am
20 minutes light stationary bike

6am
1 cup oats
1 scoop whey
30 (avg) blueberries and strawberries
1 cup egg whites

9am
1/2 tub of dry curd (50g of protein, 2g of fat)
1/4 cup zero sugar granola (30 carbs, 3g of fat)
homemade protein bar (20g pro, 20 g of carbs)

noon
7oz chicken/beef
7oz yam
medium size salad and veggies
sf jello, another homemade protein bar

1 cup oats
stallone pudding
sf jello
1 scoop whey

445-615 - TRAIN (6 DAYS A WEEK) 1-2 bps daily, 20 minutes incline walk and 8.5 and 3.5mph post workout

4 rice cakes
2 scoops whey
1 banana
1 scoop celltech (free 4 tubs)

830 (prebed)
2 scoops casein in skim milk and egg whites
1 homemade protein bar
sf jello
20-30 almonds, peanuts, etc.

6'2, 180 and 9-10% bf (climbing)

still junk?

OH....and weekends are ALL FREE GAME!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The only problem is post-workout. I dont think that you need around 80g or carbs especially since they are all high GI. Another thing you may want to do is vary up your sources of protein.

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
Ok....the celltech is carb sense < 10g of carbs
rice cakes are 15 each
and i'll nix the banana.......sound good?

Also, rice cakes made with whole grains, so it's not entirely high gi...it's a mix......dextrose just makes me noxitious....what do you suggest? Can I see your diet? Stats? Goals? Prebed meal too big? You guys eat nuts?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The only concern you should have is if you are putting on too much fat throughout the bulk. Also, try throwing in a low carb day for metabolic confusion to reduce fat accumulation.

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
The only concern you should have is if you are putting on too much fat throughout the bulk. Also, try throwing in a low carb day for metabolic confusion to reduce fat accumulation.
MY carbs are very very moderate bro.....prob. less than 250. On the weekends, my carbs are usually lower, def. on sat. My only carbs on sat are 1 cup oats, tons of veggies, no yam, but a low carb wrap, and my postworkout meal...if anything, I think my cals are too low...I'm 6'2, 179 and 9%...s.trugging to gain lean mass.........

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was a little too lazy to go on fitday.com and tally up your totals, but in eye's view they seem to be a little low..Lean bulk means you do just that, BULK LEANLY..You still need to be in excess, but your foods are super clean, and you aren't outright gaining...That being said, it would seem to me you need to up your carbs mang..Anything with the word bulk, lean or not, should have a fair amount of carbs in there...

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2686
Fat: 53 473 18%
Sat: 11 101 4%
Poly: 13 114 4%
Mono: 20 180 7%
Carbs: 256 889 34%
Fiber: 33 0 0%
Protein: 311 1243 48%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
I was a little too lazy to go on fitday.com and tally up your totals, but in eye's view they seem to be a little low..Lean bulk means you do just that, BULK LEANLY..You still need to be in excess, but your foods are super clean, and you aren't outright gaining...That being said, it would seem to me you need to up your carbs mang..Anything with the word bulk, lean or not, should have a fair amount of carbs in there...
Can I see your diet/stats/training theories?

Where would u increase the cals? How about prebed, more nutsm peanut butter?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
6'2 179 eating 2686 you are nearly in a defeciet, if not in one. I am 5'10 170 and I am eating 4000 for a lean bulk man, you should up them significantly, get both your carbs/prot to up around 350..And I just read "weekends are fair game" that is no good for buisiness, I suggest you stop doing that or after awhile nothing about your bulk will be lean..

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
Can I see your diet? I'm 29, metabolism has slowed PLUS I sit in an office for 10 hours before I train......

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Food Name Servings Serving Size Cals Fat Carb Prot
Bread, whole wheat, 100%, made from home recipe or purchased at bakery 475 11 86 15
Egg, white only, cook 88 0 1 20
Egg, whole, raw 362 24 3 30
Milk, cow's, fluid, skim or nonfat, 0.5% or less butterfat 642 3 89 63
Apple, raw 148 1 38 0
Peanut butter 474 41 15 20
Noodles, cooked, whole wheat, NS as to fat added in cooking 578 7 113 25
Chicken, breast, with or without bone, broiled, NS as to skin eaten 481 5 0 109
Ground beef, extra lean, cooked 726 31 0 113
Tuna, canned, water pack

Totals...Protein-439/Carbs-346/Fat-124 (this is a little exaggerated from the beef, which I drain)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now that's an example, on a training day..On non-training days I only eat about 32-3500kcals..On days I workout it's around 4100

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do, www.fitday.com..But what works for me isn't neccessarily going to work for you..If you just copy n' paste this meal for meal, time for time, it might work great or it might not work at all.You need to take the suggestions and build your own diet according to what works for you, experiment a little.....However, I can tell you I eat almost like clockwork at 6 (pre WO) 8 (post WO) 10-12:30-2:30-5:00:7:30:9:00..

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i'm doing what's considered a 'lean bulk' as well. not really trying to gain weight, just exchange bf for muscle over a long period of time. i lost 10lbs rather quickly but now it's staying right around 265 and has been for the past month while continuing to drop a little here and there from the waistline. here's my little diet:

meal 1
10 egg whites
1 cup oatmeal
1 scoop protein

meal 2
1 can tuna
1/2 can beans

meal 3
8oz ultra-lean burger
1 cup brown rice

meal 4
1 can tuna
1/2 can beans

meal 5 (preWO)
2 scoops whey
1.5 cup oatmeal

meal 6 (postWO)
3 scoops whey
1.5 cup oatmeal

meal 7
8oz chicken (baked, broiled, etc.)
1 cup broccoli
10 grams flax oil

meal 8
2 scoops whey
10 grams flax oil

meal 9 (usually around 3am)
1 scoop whey

totals:
4153 cals, 452 pro, 431 carb, 71.5 fat

~2 gallons of water per day

that's training days, on non-training days, i reduce the pre and post WO shakes to 1 cup oatmeal and 2 scoops whey. i'm not too concerned with any dramatic changes. as long as i can slowly drop bodyfat and add strength, i'm happy.

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
WOW! So, when you do nothing all day, all you do is drop 1/2 cup of oats from two meals?

I never take a day off......mainly because I enjoy eating too much!

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
yeah, like i said, i'm not looking for dramatic changes. if i were, i'd reduce my non-training days quite considerably and shift the majority of my carbs to earlier in the day (even on training days). i definately need days off from the gym. remember: you don't grow inside the gym, you grow outside.

Last edited:
Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
if i were, i'd reduce my non-training days quite considerably and shift the majority of my carbs to earlier in the day (even on training days).
This is what I do to stave off the fat gain while on a lean bulk..But it's not like I cut carbs after x o'clock, but I but 65-70% of my carbs in the first half of the day...This has always worked for me..And yeah, like the big guy said it would seem you should rest more, all that work turns out to be a whole lot of BS for nothing if you aren't giving your body rebound time...

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
Can I post my diet one last time. Hopefully no flames and I promise I'll change whatever you guys say. I'm only up 6lbs from the start, but need the weight and need it clean....

500am

6am
1 cup oats
1 scoop whey
1 cup egg whites

9am

noon
7oz chicken/beef
7oz yam

1 cup oats
stallone pudding
sf jello
1 scoop whey

445-615 - TRAIN (6 DAYS A WEEK) 1-2 bps daily, 20 minutes incline walk and 8.5 and 3.5mph post workout

4 rice cakes
2 scoops whey
1 banana
1 scoop celltech (free 4 tubs)

830 (prebed)
1 homemade protein bar
sf jello
20-30 almonds, peanuts, etc.

still junk?

thanks fellas....ok, so looking at the above, meal #2...would you make it pro/carbs or pro/fat? Organic granola or almonds and peanuts, or granola with a few almonds???

How many almonds would you put in my final shake before bed? It's my only meal after training aside from my immidiate whey and rice cakes.....thanks bros

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards

500am

6am
1 cup oats (1/4 steel cut, 1/3 cup rolled)
1 scoop whey
1 cup egg whites
coffe+splenda

9am

noon
6oz chicken/beef
4oz yam

1/2 cup oats
stallone pudding
sf jello
1 scoop whey

445-615 - TRAIN (6 DAYS A WEEK) 1-2 bps daily(45minutes-1hr), 20 minutes incline walk and 8.5 and 3.5mph post workout
No off days, but 1-2 high rep lighter weight days.

2 rice cakes
2 scoops whey
1 scoop celltech (carb sense 9g of carbs!) (free 4 tubs)

830 (prebed)
1 homemade protein bar
sf jello
20 almonds, peanuts, etc.

still junk?

Well damn..........two weeks in and scale hasnt moved. I'm 180 one day, 184 by the end of the week and then back down to 180-181 at the beg. of the following week.....any ideas? Where should I add the cals? The above is exctly what I do M-Friday.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
throw the scale away for starters. use measuring tape. it wouldn't be so terrible if you were to add muscle and drop bodyfat, now would it? :D

however, if adding cals is needed, the first thing i would do is bump the first meal up to 1.5 cups of oatmeal with 1.5 cups of egg whites. that's ~300 cals i believe. see where that takes ya, then start adding to meal 2, then 3, etc. JMO.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
scales are useless unless you need to make a weight class

like beelze said rely on the tape measure

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
Not really, considering I'm pretty damn lean as it is (sub 8%) the scale is what I go by right now.....mirror looks the same, clothes fit the same, etc......

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
regardless the scale is still useless .. you're far better off monitoring your progress by a tape measure