Water alternative for bulk

Grifter

Board Supporter
Awards
I want to get around 40 more grams of carbs per meal without having to eat more food. What would be the best juice to replace water for the added calories?
My protein/carb intake atm is about 50g/60g per meal. This would add around 1000 more cals/day for me. Im not worried about gaining a little fat, I am 10% bf atm with a fast metabolism.

CREAO

Awards
my grape juice is about 45 g carbs per serving...you should still keep your water intake high though

Grifter

Board Supporter
Awards
I will still be drinking plenty of water between meals. Would grape juice be the healthiest way to go? I have been drinking Ocean Spray cranberry juice anyone know how good that is?

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Skim milk brings protein to the party as well as added carbs.

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Milk is like food to me. It can fill me up unlike other drinks. Good suggestion though.

Personally I am not a fan of sugar drinks and always try to look at other sources for extra calories. Maybe look into a complex carb energy drink?

Grifter

Board Supporter
Awards
Milk is like food to me. It can fill me up unlike other drinks. Good suggestion though.

Personally I am not a fan of sugar drinks and always try to look at other sources for extra calories.
Maybe look into a complex carb energy drink?
A complex carb energy drink? didn't know there was such a thing. How expensive would that be compared to fruit juices?

I only drink milk with my morning shake and at night. Somtimes midday if i take a lean mass matrix shake. Milk just doesn't go well with meals for me.

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was thinking something like carboplex or an endurance product from Champion Nutrition.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I would personally go with milk as well.

The lactose isnt that high on the GI and it also brings a mixture of like 80% whey and 20% caseinate protein or so and skim milk usually has around 8-10 grams of protein per serving and like 10-13 grams per carb. I wouldn't bring in the extra carbs with juices personally.

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Prune Juice is probably the healthiest juice out there. Anti oxidants are really high. Potentially worth the sugars.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Lake has some good idea, and you could try adding some SuperCarb from Avant in. I've been using it and I love it.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Lake has some good idea, and you could try adding some SuperCarb from Avant in. I've been using it and I love it.
What do you like abou tit doggzj? I haven't really looked into it but would like to hear some feedback.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
IMO, you're better off going w/ milk and a starchy moderate-high GI carb than to get 40g of carbs from fruit juice every meal.

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
No cals but I go through a gallon of crystal light a day easy! Have some milk or even a shake with every meal!

anabolicandre

Awards
No one has said it....

Beer!

Seriously.

if not cranberry is good, flushes the kidneys
prune - cleans out the GI system
vegtable juice - get in however many servings of veggies they claim are in one glass plus the anti-ox
OJ - vit c

There are def more. juice is juice, simple sugars.

what I do for more carbs is i toast half a cup of raw oats in the oven sprinkled with cinanmon (you can add some sugar) and snack on those when im hungry. Like in class or something I actually just fill up and empty poland spring bottle with them pour em into my hand then wash em dow with some h2O.